Wisebaxter

How do I know if I've had a mystical experience

42 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Wisebaxter

You're not going to be able to sustain meditating hardcore, year after year, without seeing some kind of results. You will get demotivated and quit. So do whatever is necessary to get at least that first mystical experience. If only just a long session of shamanic breathing.

Results in spiritual work are important. Otherwise you will quit.

@Leo Gura I did 30 minutes of shamanic breathing and felt incredible afterwards. I don't think it was anything deep though. It felt more like I've been feeling recently from doing 40mins of meditation. I guess I'd better try it for longer. I find it quite uncomfortable though the way it makes my teeth feel while I'm doing it. It just feels unpleasant in general but I know I need to stop being a pussy and just get on with it if I want results 

@Serotoninluv

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Nice examples. My mind is trying to come up with another one.

Perhaps, if your awareness experienced another person’s mind-body.

Or, if you were transported back to 1945 and had to navigate your way around.

Really? Wow. Well that's very helpful, I'm getting an idea of what I'm gunning for now. I was deluding myself thinking I'd had a breakthrough, but that's ok, at least now I know. I've got so much from personal development already so its exciting to think I haven't even scratched the surface 

@Wisebaxter You'll just know. ❤️ The very sensation you experience will overtake the logical mind for it will feel so out of this world, you will only be able to feel awe, bamboozled. You will not question or doubt it, there's simply no need for that because it will feel like one of the most honest, true, actual moments you've ever experienced that could not be predicted or ever thought of with uncertainty. 

You'll either melt into tears or end up in a raging fit of laughter, or maybe both or maybe neither, but you'll certainly feel something profound and you might not be able to articulate it or arrange it into words that make sense to your average Joe, and you won't be able to prove it, it will just make complete sense to you and it will make more sense than anything else you've ever read or tried to understand before. And yes it can happen out of the most simple things sometimes, because these experiences will occur naturally and on their own, usually when you least expect it and at a time when you can benefit it from it the most.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Wisebaxter Bear in mind that the contents of your consciousness right now have more than enough ground in them for you to reach infintiely high levels of consciousness and so if it is the case that if you're looking for a mystical experience just bear in mind that it is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Once you have a mystical experience you'll think "How did I never notice this earlier?".

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Hehehe yes this too! Every passing fleeting moment. 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

9 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Serotoninluv

Really? Wow. Well that's very helpful, I'm getting an idea of what I'm gunning for now. I was deluding myself thinking I'd had a breakthrough, but that's ok, at least now I know. I've got so much from personal development already so its exciting to think I haven't even scratched the surface 

Psychedelics will take you 1-2 levels  of consciousness higher than your current baseline level. In SD lingo that like getting rocketed from Green to solid Turquoise. . . And then the person returns to their lower base level. Then, integration is key.

@Serotoninluv Well, the classic examples are seeing aliens, angels, devils, auras, etc. But these examples can be distracting when pursuing enlightenment. You don't need to see such crazy stuff to have a powerful mystical experience. Mystical experiences can be sorta plain and ordinary.

The coolest mystical experiences are when you realize that the room you're sitting in, is God. It's a profound recontextualization.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura This is why I value creative consciousness & creativity. Through my experience, I have found it to be an accessible pathway to mystical experiences one can have any day, anytime because it guides us deep into the unknown realm of the imagination, unseen possibilities and intuition. It's so simple that anyone can achieve and discover it when we are simply exploring the depths of our own unique creative power & creative energy, soul energy on a regular basis.

Mystical experiences can also be completely internal, coming from within just like God does. It's not all that paranormal or extra-terrestrial, it can shatter logic but I think it can just be accessed directly through total awareness and transcendence of the soul, while in a state & flow of radical presence, love and acceptance.

Those things are quite distracting indeed. To me seeing angels & spirits and stuff aren't even as powerful as real genuine human experience can be, like what I explained above, but I know some 'mystics' would disagree with me on that.

Perhaps the wee angels & devils are really just within us and even little aliens sending far out unorthodox insights/visions, I'm cool with that I guess. ^_^

Edited by VioletFlame

@VioletFlame How would you recommend someone with no artistic experience get started with creative expression? Perhaps drawing, painting or creative writing?

@Serotoninluv What a question haha. Well since passion is the fuel to creative expression I suppose I would encourage the person to meditate on unlocking that inner calling first and foremost, unlocking what truly and fully speaks to their soul.

Also perhaps through the use of automatic writing/drawing exercises to dive into the collective unconscious, to confront/embrace certain emotions and thoughts, and seeing what appears. Expressive therapy is something I would love to do, help children and adults who feel lost along their spiritual journey, through healing practices such as these, especially music therapy in particular. (I guess this is why I can't seem to shut up about it lol)

I've been giving it some thought and it is a valid back up plan to have, that I am passionate about but as we were talking recently about the limited availability on spirituality/consciousness education being so unfortunate, I'm a little unsure where to even begin such a career.

Edited by VioletFlame

I think I had one yesterday, seeing, feeling that there is no time , everything happens at present , every moment is present and that I am part of all of it, but I always have this second option of me being retard, have experienced to much, I will just wait till I am 100% Enlightened, some uncernety can be bothersome, but I have nothing better to do anyway. :D 

@Leo Gura i had a mystical experience in my life when i didnt even have meditation practice,  self inquiry etc spiritual work. But at that time i was suffering deeply in my life. Now as you recommended a lot of time to have psychedelics, i tried to find those substance. But unfortunately where i live, psychedelics are not available and very very rare to find. My question is, if i build up meditation practice and shamanic breathing, will i be able to get mystical experience? As it happened to me in the past without any spritual work. Well i would like to mention then, from my early childhood i would question everything and even in my adult life, i tend to be very confused and not finding any absolute truth which was bothering me. Then mystical experience happened.   

@Wisebaxter

Hope you ponder over this following possibility as well.

During a mystical experience, the mind is more or less shocked and 'absent'. Just like a fish out of water, the mind is completely thrown out of it's known paradigms during these experiences. It either shuts down completely and/or keeps shouting HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT WHATS HAPPENING in the back (you might not even notice due to the magnificence of that mystical moment). So basically the mind was not there in it's regular form.

Then what happens? You come back to everyday life. The mind comes back again and solidifies it's foundations again. Then what does the mind do? It rejects/falsifies or labels that 'event' as insignificant or worse..it never happened or it was a daydream. Just because the mind wasn't there to understand the 'event' on it's own terms, it rejects it. I'm pretty sure you've already had mild to moderate multiple mystical experiences. But the duration is always a few seconds to minutes unless we become constantly aware expert meditators. That's why most of the time, you simply 'forget' it.

Notice that the mind plays this same trick with deep sleep. During sleep, it wasn't present. When it wakes up, it labels the event as insignificant and not worth pondering upon. Same thing with dreams. It denies the majestic mystery that lies in dreams which shatters all conventional notions of reality flat out every night. But the waking state mind constantly rejects them or label them as insignificant just because it can't explain it in it's own terms and logic. It puts a label on them called 'just a dream' and pretends that it has cracked the entire structure of dreams. That's what the mind does 24/7. It ACTUALLY believes that by sticking labels on things, it really understands that thing and no more mystery is left there.

Maybe that's why psychedelics are advocated. Instead of few moments of initial glimpses, you get a span of 1-4 hours of constant Being mode..something you can't just reject flat out.

7 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

I mean, I can reside as awareness on command, outside of the land of dualities, and I feel like it's my true nature. I get that my self identity is a lie and that being, the 'Now' is all there is and that's what I am in essence and that it's infinite. 

This right here shows that you're on the right track. A mystical experience doesn't have to be big emotional orgasm or some sort of deep release. The mind would love such an event because then it could remember it, label it, make stories around it, exhibit it as a trophy to others etc. These body-mind reactional events are not inherent in Enlightenment. They are the reaction towards clear seeing. 

The deepest mystical experiences you'll ever have are those you might not even remember because there was only BEING and no object and distinctions(what is there to remember? You can't remember being, you only remember phenomena). You might have already had such deep mystical experiences varying from miliseconds to few moments, but the mind is rejecting all that now.

So the bottom line is, don't let the mind(conventional lines of thinking) make judgments about your state of  Consciousness/progress. How can it comment on such a thing when it itself wasn't there at that moment?

Why not invite more and more of that Being in your life, moment to moment? The deeper you go, the more silent and obvious it starts to get.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Wisebaxter cheers for this post mate. I’m literally in the exact same position. Been meditating religiously for 4 years now, done some long retreats on my own but my currently my position is the same as yours; things have recontextualised but no mystical experience. 

I have also been of the opinion that I didn’t want to ‘cheat’ with physcohdelics but have come to the conclusion that the combination of being a wage slave and the society we are living in is really not conducive to mystical experiences.

ive just ordered some mushrooms and my plan is to take 0.5g (micro dose) and then work up in increments of 0.5g till I get a mystical insight. Seems to me like a fairly reliable method, but would be interested to hear other people’s thoughts on this.

good luck with it all man and let me know how it goes!

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@VioletFlame How would you recommend someone with no artistic experience get started with creative expression? Perhaps drawing, painting or creative writing?

Don't sell yourself short. Your art is teaching. Take that shit to the next level. Start thinking of it as an art.

I do.

Actualized.org is my canvas. Mindfucking you guys is my art.

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura My question is, if i build up meditation practice and shamanic breathing, will i be able to get mystical experience?

Of course, if you're serious enough about it.

I highly recommend learning Kriya yoga if you want mystical experiences.

29 minutes ago, PukkaDanks said:

@Wisebaxter

ive just ordered some mushrooms and my plan is to take 0.5g (micro dose) and then work up in increments of 0.5g till I get a mystical insight. Seems to me like a fairly reliable method, but would be interested to hear other people’s thoughts on this.

You're gonna have mystical experiences up the wazoo.

Mushrooms are like the cheat code to life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@VioletFlame

8 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

This is why I value creative consciousness & creativity. Through my experience, I have found it to be an accessible pathway to mystical experiences one can have any day, anytime because it guides us deep into the unknown realm of the imagination, unseen possibilities and intuition. It's so simple that anyone can achieve and discover it when we are simply exploring the depths of our own unique creative power & creative energy, soul energy on a regular basis.

That's really interesting, I haven't considered much how my chosen art-form could be used to increase my consciousness. I haven't delved that deep into it yet as I've been so focused on other practices but I'm looking forward to it even more now. I've had a lot of limiting beliefs about it in the past, Do I have what it takes to master it? Am I just doing it for money and accolades etc. These were real concerns I've had to address as I to an extent I was being driven only by success. I can't wait to dive into it though and just love the process and connection to the infinite creative consciousness (coming soon :) ) 

9 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

You'll just know. ❤️ The very sensation you experience will overtake the logical mind for it will feel so out of this world, you will only be able to feel awe, bamboozled. You will not question or doubt it, there's simply no need for that because it will feel like one of the most honest, true, actual moments you've ever experienced that could not be predicted or ever thought of with uncertainty. 

Thanks Violet, that's a really useful description. 

9 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Wisebaxter Bear in mind that the contents of your consciousness right now have more than enough ground in them for you to reach infintiely high levels of consciousness and so if it is the case that if you're looking for a mystical experience just bear in mind that it is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Once you have a mystical experience you'll think "How did I never notice this earlier?".

@lmfao  Thanks for this bro, I'll be sure to keep it in mind as I think that looking beyond myself is definitely a huge trap, like you say. It's about the falling away of illusion right? We don't actually 'gain' anything , that's what I've heard anyway.

8 hours ago, purerogue said:

I think I had one yesterday, seeing, feeling that there is no time , everything happens at present , every moment is present and that I am part of all of it, but I always have this second option of me being retard, have experienced to much, I will just wait till I am 100% Enlightened, some uncernety can be bothersome, but I have nothing better to do anyway. :D 

@purerogue Congratulations man! Sounds like you're keeping a level head about it though. There are usually higher levels to attain so keep on going with what you're doing as it's obviously working. 

5 hours ago, Preetom said:

The deepest mystical experiences you'll ever have are those you might not even remember because there was only BEING and no object and distinctions(what is there to remember? You can't remember being, you only remember phenomena). You might have already had such deep mystical experiences varying from miliseconds to few moments, but the mind is rejecting all that now.

Hmm, that's really interesting. So these experience stack up on a scale and can start at just a few seconds. I have had a few moments whilst meditating where the whole world has just fallen away and all there is is being, but it didn't seem all that profound and different from my usual state. I did feel some energy moving through my body but I know these things can happen as a psychosomatic thing when you want to believe they're true. My mind was saying 'woah, this is it, here it is,' haha, so if my mind was there I'm sure it wasn't the real deal. Maybe it was just a little sniff of that Ox's sweat.

4 hours ago, PukkaDanks said:

@Wisebaxter cheers for this post mate. I’m literally in the exact same position. Been meditating religiously for 4 years now, done some long retreats on my own but my currently my position is the same as yours; things have recontextualised but no mystical experience. 

I have also been of the opinion that I didn’t want to ‘cheat’ with physcohdelics but have come to the conclusion that the combination of being a wage slave and the society we are living in is really not conducive to mystical experiences.

@PukkaDanks Nice to know I'm not alone on this. Sounds like you've been at it for a lot longer than me though. Your mushroom experience is going to be pretty damn deep I'm sure if you've been working on yourself that much. Mystical experience or not you've done a hell of a lot of prep work. I hope you post a trip report on here as I'd love to read it 

Ok, I've purchased 4 x LSD tabs, 120ug doses. The guy selling them says they're 98% pure or something. Can't wait. But I'll have to wait until Jan to do them though as I'll need to get paid again before I can afford to rent a hotel to use. This is the problem with not having integrated stage Orange - low cash flow. Working on that. I can do a bit more shadow work in the meantime though and read some of the psychedelic books on Leo's booklist - prepare my questions, set my intention etc.
I'll be sure to post my trip report on here. Thanks for all your help guys

@Wisebaxter

yes the rule is to delve into that being more and more. It stabilizes slowly over time, as the conditioned thought-emotional reactions recede into the background.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

No need to congratulate , was nothing special, most interesting part was after that experience, got to see clearly my ego things I know exist , but are buried quite deep, but after it they are shown to you clearly, after it came flow, then some problems to adjust after flow was wearing away.