Adamg

what type of meditation is the best

24 posts in this topic

they guys i was just wandering what type of meditation will boost my awareness and conciseness that you recommend and have done it already (i tried the do nothing and mindfulness already) just to explore new stuff

@Adamg

Meditation of the Self.

The most gamechanging meditation is not on some object but on the Subject itself!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The one you do everyday ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

6 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Adamg

Meditation of the Self.

The most gamechanging meditation is not on some object but on the Subject itself!

I onesies this

The meditation of no effort. 

In effort there is the inherent identification to a specific meditation practice and also identification with a certain goal in mind. 

Effort is the essence of self/ego dudes:S

10 hours ago, Adamg said:

they guys i was just wandering what type of meditation will boost my awareness and conciseness that you recommend and have done it already (i tried the do nothing and mindfulness already) just to explore new stuff

There is only 1 type of Meditation, which is listening to Breath above everything you do, this is Meditation. Other techniques are techniques, they are not meditation. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

13 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

There is only 1 type of Meditation, which is listening to Breath above everything you do, this is Meditation. Other techniques are techniques, they are not meditation. 

do you mean like the "do nothing" one and focusing on my breath?

50 minutes ago, Adamg said:

@Preetomgreat answer ,but how is it done 

When you cease putting the obsessive attention on objects, no matter how subtle or gross they are; and you gently relax your attention...gently inquiring into yourself..that non located, formless I AMness...not intellectually but really experienially..deeper and deeper.

That's self inquiry in a nutshell. Here you're not doing anything, nor there is a feeling of 'me trying to do nothing', but just simply being yourself. Open, expansive, relaxed and peaceful

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

When you cease putting the obsessive attention on objects, no matter how subtle or gross they are; and you gently relax your attention...gently inquiring into yourself..that non located, formless I AMness...not intellectually but really experienially..deeper and deeper.

That's self inquiry in a nutshell. Here you're not doing anything, nor there is a feeling of 'me trying to do nothing', but just simply being yourself. Open, expansive, relaxed and peaceful

thank you very much, but one last thing, what do i do with the thoughts that randomly pop up in my head do i need to let go like in normal meditation?

33 minutes ago, Adamg said:

thank you very much, but one last thing, what do i do with the thoughts that randomly pop up in my head do i need to let go like in normal meditation?

Yes thoughts will take you away over and over in the beginning. Everytime you get back, you gently see these 2 facts..

1) the thoughts are seen/known. So they can't be you and thus gently let them go by not putting attention on them.

2) A thought can't know. Only Awareness knows. A thought itself is known. So what's the basis of all the contents of thoughts? Nothing! All the labels and judgement thoughts fire are totally groundless! It's like an old radio playing it's conditioned clips. The more you see this folly of thoughts, the more you cease to pay heed to them and thus they loose power over you. You can simply be...

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just by looking at the variety of answers you received, you should intuit something important - there is no best method, all is relative :)

Just try out whatever feels right and keep on with it.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

On 11/27/2018 at 0:47 AM, Adamg said:

tried the do nothing

Actually doing nothing is really difficult to a mind that doesn’t know what doing and nondoing is. We kinda have to go into(inquire into) thought/self and it’s nature first. Otherwise it’s an endless cycle of feeding/doing and then it becomes like other forms of meditation. 

20 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

where did you here of this technique? 

Edited by Jack River

21 hours ago, Flammable said:

Just by looking at the variety of answers you received, you should intuit something important - there is no best method, all is relative :)

Just try out whatever feels right and keep on with it.

yes i know that haha I'm just experimenting  for now to see and explore new stuff thank you though

On 11/28/2018 at 0:38 PM, Preetom said:

Yes thoughts will take you away over and over in the beginning. Everytime you get back, you gently see these 2 facts..

1) the thoughts are seen/known. So they can't be you and thus gently let them go by not putting attention on them.

2) A thought can't know. Only Awareness knows. A thought itself is known. So what's the basis of all the contents of thoughts? Nothing! All the labels and judgement thoughts fire are totally groundless! It's like an old radio playing it's conditioned clips. The more you see this folly of thoughts, the more you cease to pay heed to them and thus they loose power over you. You can simply be...

is there a name to this practice so i can research on the topic a little and thank you very much it was much help

Try search that suites you then answer your own question, ? We can suggest like, when I attended 10 days vipassana meditation retreat last week? I've seen and experienced something that resonate with me... i still do do nothing technique and yoga but vipassana meditation it suites me, 90 % anapana is what i feel, i give the 10% to vipassana in 1hr i am gonna do 90% anapana then 10% cleaning my body and mind sweep the blank from the top of my head until my under my feet

@Adamg strong determination sitting leo has a video on it & shinzen young, combine that with self inquiry at the same time & that is what many people say can lead you to enlightenment. ?