Adamg

what type of meditation is the best

24 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Adamg said:

is there a name to this practice so i can research on the topic a little and thank you very much it was much help

It has many names but essentially the same thing. Self Inquiry/Being aware of being aware/Self remembering/Pure Witnessing/Resting as awareness or I AM etc.

I'll link some of the most short, lucid discussions on this I've found. The last one will be a bit longer. Just keep 2 things as fundamental strategies in this process for now.

1) Nothing perceivable or conceivable can be me. I can't be an object if I'm aware of that object. Do not turn the Subject into an object that is sitting at a distance somewhere and seeing all other objects. This is super important.

2) This self-awareness practice becomes a non doing. It doesn't have to be limited to a particular meditation sitting. It can go on all day as it gets natural and you start getting a 'feel' for it. Almost like learning to ride a bicycle and finding your balance.

(sorry for the late reply. I had to revisit them in order to make sure :))

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 11/27/2018 at 2:06 PM, Shin said:

The one you do everyday ?

There is nothing more to say this comment closes the thread. Mods do your thing ;) 

On 11/29/2018 at 3:54 PM, Preetom said:

It has many names but essentially the same thing. Self Inquiry/Being aware of being aware/Self remembering/Pure Witnessing/Resting as awareness or I AM etc.

I'll link some of the most short, lucid discussions on this I've found. The last one will be a bit longer. Just keep 2 things as fundamental strategies in this process for now.

1) Nothing perceivable or conceivable can be me. I can't be an object if I'm aware of that object. Do not turn the Subject into an object that is sitting at a distance somewhere and seeing all other objects. This is super important.

2) This self-awareness practice becomes a non doing. It doesn't have to be limited to a particular meditation sitting. It can go on all day as it gets natural and you start getting a 'feel' for it. Almost like learning to ride a bicycle and finding your balance.

(sorry for the late reply. I had to revisit them in order to make sure :))

thank you very much!! I really appreciate your time and effort to help me!!! i will check those videos out and hopefully start In this week already 

3 minutes ago, Adamg said:

thank you very much!! I really appreciate your time and effort to help me!!! i will check those videos out and hopefully start In this week already 

All the best :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''