Dan Arnautu

How to get over a cold fast?

19 posts in this topic

Do you know some methods to get over a cold really fast?

Some people say rest, some people say continue your activities as to trick the body into thinking it's healthy etc.

What is your experience?

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Please gentlemans, we need to know.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Zinc and magnesium are depleted massively during cold and stress. Taking something like 20mg of zinc and 350mg of magnesium for a while can be helpful.  Also Vitamin C has been shown to decrease the severity and duration of cold. . Depends on how bad it is you can go as far as 5*1000mg a day but I'd probably stay to 2*1,000 of ascorbic acid (synth.vit C). 

In case you want to avoid supplements, ginger tea with lemon and honey couple times a day, echinacea may have some cold fighting properties although there is not enough evidence backing this up. And than citrus fruits, if you have juicer, than vegetable juices with garlic and ginger (yummy). 

Avoid heavy meals with high protein and fat and keep it mostly raw. 

Don't take medications unless you have to, you have a cold for a reason, your body is fighting an infection by raising a temperature, sweating and geting rid of mucus, all these are immune defences. So make sure you support the body nutritionally but dont block the temperature or any of the processes. (As long as the temperature is below 38.5 degree celsius you are good :) ) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Rest ,supplements and ginger! B|

dont hurry the body, it needs time to fight;)

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Michael569 Insanely good answer. Thanks. :)

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Leo Gura

Would you mind sharing your formula for knocking out a cold you mentioned in your nootropics video?

I'm being hit with a nasty cold right now

@Dan Arnautu In addition to that very intelligent comprehensive answer from @Michael569 .....consider taking a reiki class. I have an idea how this sounds, because it’s still new for me, but just a few days ago my wife & I woke up with sore throats, ears, sluggish, etc. I did reiki on myself, and it was completely gone in 10 minutes. Did reiki on my wife, and she was back to 100% within a few hours. Again, I know there is a very deep belief that there is a line somewhere, a mind body connection, but there isn’t. Maybe, sometimes, a cold is the universes way of saying, take today off, and read a reiki book. (If we can just remove that word, reiki, and see it as self love, real, energy, self love)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm very interesting regarding the reiki class. Would you be able to share any good newbie resource to look into this? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Nahm @Nahm Interesting. Thanks.

Something I discovered while I was feeling really stressed is intense heavy deliberate breathing while doing a full back bridge stretch. Also affirming I am god and that "All the worlds strength and power rests inside me" affirmation nahm told me to to do a couple of years ago. It works, also affirm "Nothing is impossible to him who will try" , get yourself in that hype mood.

Also, breathing in out in such a way that you are attempting to make your nose clear, helps if you head is tilted slightly up while doing it, put you hand over one nostril such you are only blowing out of one nostril and blow as hard as you can. The goal is the clear as much mucus as possible, if any matter at all comes out it's working, get it the point where the air comes in out so easily as if it were a clear pipe.

Do this in the cold for extra energy, I remember doing various bio-energetic stretch exercises out in the cold , and it works.

@Lorcan ?❤️??

Have you tried this cheap little miracle....

598ED74A-47ED-4C2E-B96F-ED05F32F6803.jpeg

Been using it every morning in the shower. When the head is tiledted sideways, and you relax deep into the sinuses / and dare I say pineal area, you can feel something open up, and then the salt water flows over or through the inside of the nose (septum maybe?), and I’d swear this little proccess has something to do with dmt, though I can’t explain it in any detail. If you try it, keep in mind it’s not just the flush, but this little ‘part’ that opens with the relaxing of the innards / sinuses. You can tell for sure once it relaxes enough, the water ‘flowing through’ to the other side (inside) is a very noticeable ‘opening up’. 

@Michael569

What I’ve read so far....

Reiki by William Lee. A traditional, historic, sacred perspective which refers you to the classes for the signs / symbols.

Essential Reiki by Diane Stein. An outsiders discovery of reiki, it contains the symbols (frowned upon by some). 

The two were recommended to me by a master practitioner and are a good pair of perspectives.

Of course, the class is where it’s at. It a hands on learning / self discovering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Have used this forever (Recipe from my grandmother): Dry roast carom seeds, add water, ginger, holy basil leaves and some salt. Boil till half the quantity. Sieve and drink hot. (One cup a day if you're acidity prone, otherwise could be more. Do not take this along with cold-suppressing medicines as it negates the whole purpose.)

And soups with garlic, ginger, pepper, and other 'hot and spicy' vegetables. 

Also, stay away from anything with added sugar or ice!   

@rNOW

19 minutes ago, rNOW said:

Have used this forever (Recipe from my grandmother): Dry roast carom seeds, add water, ginger, holy basil leaves and some salt. Boil till half the quantity. Sieve and drink hot. (One cup a day if you're acidity prone, otherwise could be more. Do not take this along with cold-suppressing medicines as it negates the whole purpose.)

And soups with garlic, ginger, pepper, and other 'hot and spicy' vegetables. 

Also, stay away from anything with added sugar or ice!   

Thank you! Very helpful! :)

Colloidal silver gets a lot of positive reviews for these purposes.

That plus NAC, vitamin C, anti-oxidants, and beta-glucan.

You must take all this as soon as you feel the cold coming on even a little bit. It doesn't work as well if the cold is already raging.

But you'd have to experiment to see what works for you. People have different genetics and immune systems and it can be hard to sort out the placebo effect.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Colloidal silver gets a lot of positive reviews for these purposes.

That plus NAC, vitamin C, anti-oxidants, and beta-glucan.

You must take all this as soon as you feel the cold coming on even a little bit. It doesn't work as well if the cold is already raging.

But you'd have to experiment to see what works for you. People have different genetics and immune systems and it can be hard to sort out the placebo effect.

Thanks, Leo. Real useful input. Gonna try them out. 

I tried David Hawkin's letting go technique on cold symptoms and my desire to get better. 

The technique coupled with 2 nights of proper sleep made it go away. I never got over a cold that fast before. 

I avoided any medication aside from nasal spray so I could go to sleep otherwise I couldn't breathe properly. 

Elderberry syroup. It works wonders, but as with other solutions you have to drink it appropiately early, otherwise it won't work.

Every summer I go and gather the flowers to make my own syroup. It's a very simple process.

If you feel like it's a virus infection, then Neosine is a valid solution. It boosts immune-system.