winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Just now, Preetom said:

So this contradiction and limitation belongs to language; not to the Absolute Reality, right?

From the standpoint of the absolute reality, contradiction, limitation, and language all are non-existent. :)

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

OK, progress I think.... While contemplating the question "who am I?".... I eventually realized that I was lost in the pictures and visions within the mind, and I was not going to find the answer in the mind. Then it was like watching a blob of ooze floating away which I considered to be the mind. It was at that point in the darkness that I realized that "I" was always looking outwards. Therefore my search was always outward, which meant that what I really wanted to find (the source) was impossible to examine. The source of the light that has been shining on all the other images and bringing them into the field of awareness is the "I". And its impossible to shine the light of awareness back onto its own source. It answers the question you gave me that needed a no answer, with a no..... Am I aware of it? To be aware of it is actually impossible. I can only ever have a sense of it. It's an entity that exists behind everything else. And as I understand things, that is the Self.

I feel like this is progress, but now what? I feel like there is more work to do. I remember you said it was very unexciting, but it was so uneventful I feel like there has to be more, I sort of expected to have a spiritual experience or some sort of release of energy.... but there was literally no reaction within me. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Bauer1977

3 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

OK, progress I think.... While contemplating the question "who am I?".... I eventually realized that I was lost in the pictures and visions within the mind, and I was not going to find the answer in the mind. Then it was like watching a blob of ooze floating away which I considered to be the mind. It was at that point in the darkness that I realized that "I" was always looking outwards. Therefore my search was always outward, which meant that what I really wanted to find (the source) was impossible to examine. The source of the light that has been shining on all the other images and bringing them into the field of awareness is the "I". And its impossible to shine the light of awareness back onto its own source. It answers the question you gave me that needed a no answer, with a no..... Am I aware of it? To be aware of it is actually impossible. I can only ever have a sense of it. It's an entity that exists behind everything else. And as I understand things, that is the Self.

I feel like this is progress, but now what? I feel like there is more work to do. I remember you said it was very unexciting, but it was so uneventful I feel like there has to be more, I sort of expected to have a spiritual experience or some sort of release of energy.... but there was literally no reaction within me. What are your thoughts?

Yes this is progress. Good for you.

Your work has only just begun with this understanding.

So now, next step, hold to that "sense." Meaning keep it in attention at all times, waking and night. Sense that sense constantly.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

Hi buddy! Got a few questions for you... 

What do you still have to learn?

In which areas of spirituality but also in life general do you still feel like there is work to do?

Do you still have epiphanies?

What are your plans for the next years?

How does being alive feels for you?

Do you feel the need of living in a relationship?

What is sex like when you are enlightened?

How did your family members react to your enlightenment? 

How much would you rate your level of unconditional love? Is it a constant?

Thanks!

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

12 minutes ago, Nic said:

@winterknight

Hi buddy! Got a few questions for you... 

What do you still have to learn?

In which areas of spirituality but also in life general do you still feel like there is work to do?

Do you still have epiphanies?

What are your plans for the next years?

How does being alive feels for you?

Do you feel the need of living in a relationship?

What is sex like when you are enlightened?

How did your family members react to your enlightenment? 

How much would you rate your level of unconditional love? Is it a constant?

Thanks!

I'm not really interested in being autobiographical here, but I'll answer your questions very briefly:

1. The world is full of things my mind don't know

2. Spirituality means the understanding that one is already attained; as far as life is, all the normal stuff

3. Sure, probably

4. Still deciding

5. Indescribable. Both all the things anyone else thinks they experience and none of them, and not even that is true.

6. Undecided

7. The same as any other experience would be -- both what it is and not what it is

8. Indifference, mostly

9. I am unconditional love, so yes, that is a constant. If you're talking about my body/mind, I don't identify that with me, but, say, 5/10. Ok maybe 6.

Edited by winterknight

16 minutes ago, Outer said:

What name would you give to yourself?

mu!

unborn Truth

Ok, from now on I think I'm not answering any more questions about "my" state of mind, the way "I" experience the world, what "I" would do in various situations, etc.

All these are irrelevant and maybe even harmful to the Search -- creating false and misleading expectations... the state of the realized one cannot be imagined or described. Find it for yourself and then you will understand.

@winterknight do you think crying can change our psychological state in a positive way? Whenever i cry, i feel lighter, feels like a heavy burden that resided within me has been removed. 

4 minutes ago, zambize said:

Why is enlightenment so difficult and rare despite there being so much literature and enlightenment teachers out there who have been through the process?  

The truth is everyone is enlightened.

But if we want to pretend otherwise, the reason is simple: people are attached to their current identities and don't want to see through them.

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The truth is everyone is enlightened.

But if we want to pretend otherwise, the reason is simple: people are attached to their current identities and don't want to see through them.

wow powerful.

thank you.

also have a question @winterknight

is it possible, that in the world of the manifest, there exists a projection of the SELF which is inside of this manifest world but also unlike anything inside of it?

i am talking about LIGHT / PHOTONS

photons are massless. from light/photon's point of view it experieinces no time. for it to get from point A to point B (billions of light years apart ) it will be as if it arrived in no time.

it's the fastest thing there is. it's almost like shining a light into a pre-built strcture

the light of awareness if you will?

the white light that is pointed to at death or in some religions it is said GOD is LIGHT. everywhere, unbounded etc

sure this "story" around it can be spun in various ways in this illusioary world

but the physicalaity of it's being in our universie/manifestation cannot be denied.

it is certainly beyond and "outside" of the materical world... 

would this be accurate?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

6 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

is it possible, that in the world of the manifest, there exists a projection of the SELF which is inside of this manifest world but also unlike anything inside of it?

I wouldn't give credit to anything in the manifest world being "extra special." The entire manifest world is itself nothing but the Absolute.

5 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yes this is progress. Good for you.

Your work has only just begun with this understanding.

So now, next step, hold to that "sense." Meaning keep it in attention at all times, waking and night. Sense that sense constantly.

So at this stage, should I just continue this simple self-awareness all day? After a while, there is no tendency to search for the self as an object and pretty much everything in experience is seen through as not me.

It ceases to be a vigilant activity of trying to locate the 'I am' and it becomes an easy non-activity of just being aware. Should I keep up this spacious mode? Is that all that is needed?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 09.11.2018 at 8:15 PM, winterknight said:

I am an expert on the nondual path of spirituality in the Hindu advaita tradition, heavily influenced by Ramana Maharshi (but with my own twists). I'm making myself available here for sincere seekers who want help or clarification on their own path. I'm not really interested in:

a) proving my bona fides (you'll have to get that from my answers)

b) giving an autobiographical description of my path, my realizations, etc.

I probably won't respond to requests for these.

Other than that, anything's game if you're bothered by it. This is a playful experiment... let's see how it goes.

I have to ask you this, beside of the mental explanations, that are just a byproduct of awakening. 

You know how to heal, influence healing of any condition and desease?

Have you been in any human being alive, or death and beyond, have you felt or seen the experiences of entire humanity, meaning that you have transcended the mind and seen the whole truth of the universe?

This is my experience, as an awakened human being wich i'm on my journey and always growing.

What is your experience?

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

16 minutes ago, Preetom said:

So at this stage, should I just continue this simple self-awareness all day? After a while, there is no tendency to search for the self as an object and pretty much everything in experience is seen through as not me.

It ceases to be a vigilant activity of trying to locate the 'I am' and it becomes an easy non-activity of just being aware. Should I keep up this spacious mode? Is that all that is needed?

If you are in a peaceful, calm, and, as you say "spacious" mind -- yes, simply keep that at all times. Only if you are dissatisfied, irritated, anxious, bored, etc. -- then go back to self-inquiry and ask who experiences these things.

11 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

I have to ask you this, beside of the mental explanations, that are just a byproduct of awakening. 

You know how to heal, influence healing of any condition and desease?

Have you been in any human being alive, or death and beyond, have you felt or seen the experiences of entire humanity, meaning that you have transcended the mind and seen the whole truth of the universe?

This is my experience, as an awakened human being wich i'm on my journey and always growing.

What is your experience?

To me these experiences and powers have nothing to do with spiritual liberation. But of course you are free to have your own definition.