winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

What's the point of asking questions if one can answer either: "You don't exist and the world doesn't exist." or "Keep inquiring into the self and the question will disappear." Anyone can do that, and it's boring.

What's the use of asking questions in the first place? Never really understood that.

The point is to see the utter dryness, limit and circular nature of intellectual labeling and discussion.

Once you see that there is nothing, I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will ever satisfy you completely on the body-mind level and there is really no other way; then and MAYBE then you'll bite the bullet and go balls deep with self-inquiry all the way.

But first the body, mind, intellect need to exhaust itself through it's own folly 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

Do you have a question about the path?

That's exactly what I'm saying I do not have questions, it all seems so easy and so obvious, just like an apple tree 100 meters away from me, yet I stop and think about the apple, instead of going all the way, I suppose my desire is not at full strength.

I do have a degree of liberation and acceptance which satisfies me very much at the moment, and so even sitting myself for an inquiry is painfully boring.

It also seems to me like I already got everything that there is to get about the subject, and there's no more doubt or interest in it. Could this certainty be illusory? Even if it is, I'm happy with what I have.

Anyway, just from reading your posts here, I'm already getting inspiration to keep inquiry. So thank you for your contribution.

You said in one of the posts: 
"The greatest hiccup was feeling a lack of motivation. Only much later did I realize that this very lack of motivation was a giant pointer to the Self. But i had to go through all the things I mentioned above to understand that."

Could you elaborate on this point? I also seem to have a low motivation. 

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

On 12/6/2018 at 5:33 AM, Hellspeed said:

kid.

If being enlightened means getting triggered by others and always being anxious about comparing my metaphysical dick size, then I'd rather stay a kid 9_9

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

9 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

You said in one of the posts: 
"The greatest hiccup was feeling a lack of motivation. Only much later did I realize that this very lack of motivation was a giant pointer to the Self. But i had to go through all the things I mentioned above to understand that."

Could you elaborate on this point? I also seem to have a low motivation. 

What it means is that you are not being honest about what you actually want -- and pursuing that, instead of what you "should want."

How do you get honest? By paying attention to your feelings as you do various things, what you like and dislike, by expressing how you feel in words/drawing/other art, and by going through therapy.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight I have been doing self-inquiry more consistently and more correctly I suppose. So I have a question. 

Sometimes the two questions, "where is I coming from?"  and "Who am I" lead to different answers. While the former asks for a more elementary objects (like body sensation or simple thoughts in the current experience with which identification seem to take place, the latter can have answers like "i am the seeker" or "i am the worker" . These are higher cognition, more conceptual "I"s.. that seem to be present at times. Like while interacting with my wife if I ask what is the I, the answer seem to be a character called symbolized as 'the husband'. You know what I mean?
What should I do with these? It is always possible to ignore these and refocus on more concrete things in the present like a body sensation.. but these conceptual entities also feel like "me" .. 

4 minutes ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight I have been doing self-inquiry more consistently and more correctly I suppose. So I have a question. 

Sometimes the two questions, "where is I coming from?"  and "Who am I" lead to different answers. While the former asks for a more elementary objects (like body sensation or simple thoughts in the current experience with which identification seem to take place, the latter can have answers like "i am the seeker" or "i am the worker" . These are higher cognition, more conceptual "I"s.. that seem to be present at times. Like while interacting with my wife if I ask what is the I, the answer seem to be a character called symbolized as 'the husband'. You know what I mean?
What should I do with these? It is always possible to ignore these and refocus on more concrete things in the present like a body sensation.. but these conceptual entities also feel like "me" .. 

You can do it such way, understand that you are not you and all thoughts in your head are not you  and that every though that comes into your head is there to distract you from you, but the same time you have to understand that every thought that thinks that thought is distraction is distraction too, to take you away from you. 

Edited by purerogue

@winterknight One other question i have is, sometimes you have to think in terms the personality called 'insert-your-name'.  For example while making career decisions and strategy you have to weigh in on what your skills are, how others perceive you etc. Can these thoughts be effectively entertained without doing damages to one's spiritual progress? 

30 minutes ago, graded24 said:

Remember the rule of self-inquiry. There is a very simple knowledge that "I am." You are certain about this. You're trying to feel and hold this certainty, to trace it by feel.

Now if you think you've found it in some particular object, and if you then ask yourself, "who knows this?" and receive the answer "I do" -- then you haven't found the source of that certainty.

So, to apply that to, say, this idea that "I am the seeker." Are you aware of this thought? You are. Who is aware of it? "I am," right? So when these concepts come up, use them to refocus on who is aware of those concepts, and again, feel where the certainty that "I am aware of this concept 'I am the seeker'" is coming from... 

The same is true of bodily sensations. Bodily sensations are not the I. You aware of them, right? So you apply the exact same method.

3 minutes ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight One other question i have is, sometimes you have to think in terms the personality called 'insert-your-name'.  For example while making career decisions and strategy you have to weigh in on what your skills are, how others perceive you etc. Can these thoughts be effectively entertained without doing damages to one's spiritual progress? 

Actually, you don't have to do these things. You think you do because you are still identified with the mind.

But anyhow -- do these things and at the same time reserve part of your mind and ask who is aware of this doing? Who is aware of the mind that is thinking in terms of the personality? "I am," right? So again feel the "I."

See how it all comes back down to that?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

46 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Actually, you don't have to do these things. You think you do because you are still identified with the mind.

But anyhow -- do these things and at the same time reserve part of your mind and ask who is aware of this doing? Who is aware of the mind that is thinking in terms of the personality? "I am," right? So again feel the "I."

See how it all comes back down to that?

What do you mean by that? Do you mean they would happen on their own and the real I wont be  doer of them? Or that there wont be a need for it to happen at all?

@winterknight You know I really feel like I'm on a precipice, waiting to fall. I've done enough meditation. I've done enough self-inquiry. I've seen through the illusion of the fake I, and as far as I'm concerned I've seen the true nature of being as self-sustained awareness. I'm just waiting for the time when there is no longer the thought of an I. I was wondering, how did it happen in your case? Did you lose consciousness one day and wake up forgetting the "I" completely? Did happen suddenly or was it gradual? And how thorough is it? Do you *ever* have an I thought? 

9 hours ago, winterknight said:

I've had several, but I basically come from the advaita vedanta tradition. Why do you ask?

I askd because you clame to be Enlighten and honestly you show sign of not have the knowledge an enlighten being would have. I do not mean to be rude, but i dont see any sign that indicate you actually has enlighten.

When i talked about Buddha`s you clame it is only one, and this answer is wrong. Ther are countless Buddhas Gods and devas.

So when i saw the topic name of this tread i was surprised that if a true enlighten master was here, why would he clame to be one? There are no need to clame to be enlighten,because those who would follow you would automaticly understand it from your teaching

7 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

What is motivation in it's essence? Am I supposed to put a carrot in the future to make myself want to get there?

Motivation in its essence is being honest about what you actually feel and want, not what you should "should" and aligning your actions in a way that integrates all the different feelings, desires, and voices within you.

7 hours ago, graded24 said:

What do you mean by that? Do you mean they would happen on their own and the real I wont be  doer of them? Or that there wont be a need for it to happen at all?

I mean that right now, even though it doesn't seem like it, you're staring at a movie and are worried that if you don't duck out of the way, the character on the screen won't duck out of the way.

It's like that, sort of.

But don't worry about it. It's impossible to understand until you see it for yourself. As I said, just do self-inquiry while you are doing the things in the world you feel like you have to do.

46 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight You know I really feel like I'm on a precipice, waiting to fall. I've done enough meditation. I've done enough self-inquiry. I've seen through the illusion of the fake I, and as far as I'm concerned I've seen the true nature of being as self-sustained awareness. I'm just waiting for the time when there is no longer the thought of an I. I was wondering, how did it happen in your case? Did you lose consciousness one day and wake up forgetting the "I" completely? Did happen suddenly or was it gradual? And how thorough is it? Do you *ever* have an I thought? 

Who is waiting? Who is on a precipice?

In my case at the very end there was an intense raging battle to get back to that state of no-mind again and again and again (just like I suggested to you above)... the periods getting longer every time, but also the pain of being out of it more intense... an increasing surrender... desire and frustration mounted, until finally the penny dropped and I was like "oh."

It's not about "forgetting" the I; it's about the recognition that it never was what it seemed to be. It is beyond "thorough" and "non-thorough." And whether "I" have an "I thought" -- see how paradoxical that question is?

Edited by winterknight

Did you have an experience after something started to stick, where the no-mind and "not knowingness" is so strong, you had difficulty to think anything. Like before enlightenment it's really difficult to not think anything, almost impossible. But now it's more like there needs to be force to think something. Maybe it's because the default network has shutdown partially, but most of the time there's just silence. The thoughts are more like planning and conseptual work not surrounding my petty problems. I thought this would happen maybe at the end, when you're enlightened af. Maybe nuking my brain with LSD has something to do with it xD 

But i have no idea where i am on this journey. I read through the ten Ox hearding pictures, but can't really pinpoint what this stage is. Maybe at 6? 
- very little thoughts that center around myself
- no illusion of control
- no illusion of self
- everything is understood to be one, but in a sense i don't feel it. It's hard to explain.
- egos function is seen like a network in 3D, very crisp and clear
- everything just rises and passes
- I can't take anything seriously, everything is so comical.

24 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

After enlightenment, what do you want to master?

Nothing particular

17 minutes ago, GeoLura said:

Did you have an experience after something started to stick, where the no-mind and "not knowingness" is so strong, you had difficulty to think anything. Like before enlightenment it's really difficult to not think anything, almost impossible. But now it's more like there needs to be force to think something. Maybe it's because the default network has shutdown partially, but most of the time there's just silence. The thoughts are more like planning and conseptual work not surrounding my petty problems. I thought this would happen maybe at the end, when you're enlightened af. Maybe nuking my brain with LSD has something to do with it xD 

But i have no idea where i am on this journey. I read through the ten Ox hearding pictures, but can't really pinpoint what this stage is. Maybe at 6? 
- very little thoughts that center around myself
- no illusion of control
- no illusion of self
- everything is understood to be one, but in a sense i don't feel it. It's hard to explain.
- egos function is seen like a network in 3D, very crisp and clear
- everything just rises and passes
- I can't take anything seriously, everything is so comical.

If there's no illusion of control and no illusion of self, who is wondering where you are on this journey? 
Stop worrying about ox stages. There's only one thing called enlightenment. Inquire into who wants it.

7 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

No one.

If it's no one, then there would be no waiting, right? If there's a feeling of restlessness then that's ego that's remaining that needs to be inquired into or attempted to be surrendered.

Edited by winterknight

Is the profile picture you? You look like an attractive guy in the picture although small pictures can be misleading. If you are attractive, you could attract beautiful women. Then, you would have sex. How do you enjoy sex as an enlightened person?