Edward95

Why Leo is not a vegan

17 posts in this topic

I wonder what someone as spiritual as Leo would have against being vegan/vegetarian. I would like to know why he isn’t one. 

yeah nice one! makes me wonder as well. Im not vegan neither though. 

@Edward95 I remember someone asking him this on the forums, I believe Leo said something like vegetables or vegan food just doesn't fill him up and give him the energy that meat gives.

That's how it is for me too, I've tried going vegan but the food just doesn't fill me up the same way, I need meat as part of my diet

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

His cooking videos are all vegan. What gives you the idea that he isn't vegan?

Everyone has a different body. It doesn't work for everybody

@Edward95

Eckhart Tolle isn't vegan.

Hitler was vegetarian.

Whose more spiritual?

Edited by Yali

On 07/11/2018 at 5:56 AM, Edward95 said:

would have against being vegan/vegetarian.

I doubt Leo said he’s ‘against’ vegans. Some of us just like eating meat. Meat is not unhealthy as some people like to preach. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Leo has got thyroid issues and perhaps it could make more of a case for not being a vegan, has he fully exhausted all possible vegan options or tried out all vegan foods to feel more full, without eating grains, I doubt it. Its not really fair to put him on the interrogation chair but then again this is his forum and he does bring out videos about goodness and morality. In that way he does open himself up to scrutiny. 

Factory farms are literal hells, this stuff is going on in massive proportions, and for him not to speak up about that while having the platform he does is a disservice to the greater good, why not just be vegan and eat every few hours and be cold..  a bit a selfless sacrifice.  He may well be more conscious than alot of people on this forum and elsewhere. But personally I don't equate enlightened people with good people.

@neutralempty Humans have been eating meat since their inception. We have millions of years of proof that meat is not harmful.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@neutralempty Give me your proof that meat is harmful.

Do your own research if you want to be vegan or not.

As for me, I tried Veganism early last year and the profound effect to my body is amazing! Although I realize making such big jump was hard. I did go into being a vegetarian then flexitarian. But as much as possible no meat products.

Predators have big brains. That is why we humans are smart, and a cow is dumb relative to us.

If you have a small brain, vegan diet will work out for you. If you have big brain, vegan diet just doesn't cut it.

Perhaps vegan diet will cut it for you, but not for the long term. On short term you will burn your reserves and then slowly decay.

Like 80-90% of your energy goes to the brain. To power a big brain we need cooked food, easy to digest, and high in easy to digest fats, calories, minerals and vitamins.

Behind veganism there is a huge industry to pump out vegan products and vitamin pills. They create the problem: veganism. Then create products to sell it to the masses. Problem with vitamin pills and other vegan nonsense products: our body isn't made to absorb vitamin pills. We need organic stuff which is easy to absorb from.

In Tate we trust

I agree this would be a good one. I am a pescatarian, because I love sushi so much... but most of the time, I’m vegan. 
Part of me does believe that some people’s bodies do need meat, because I’m a weirdo who believes that humans are a genetic experiment from different alien races (hence all of the human races), and that some of the species we inherit from need meat more than others. 
However, I also feel like some people who claim they tried to be vegan and it didn’t work for their body just didn’t explore their options enough. There is convincing evidence that a whole-food, plant-based diet is the healthiest way to go for humans and the planet. 

But who really knows? Maybe Leo does.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, StarStruck said:

If you have a small brain, vegan diet will work out for you. If you have big brain, vegan diet just doesn't cut it.

You are saying vegatarians are dumb and you are smart. Low quality contribution.