Shroomdoctor

The Dangers of Psychadelics

30 posts in this topic

I suggest doing your research and knowing what you are dealing with.

@Mikael89 Maybe it’s stuff from your subconscious mind coming up and rising to the surface.

Have you thought about the fact that we could die every moment? Might explain why that trip displayed you being able to do literally anything.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Shiva Yes, I just wanted to point people to this, because in my opinion leo sometimes is a bit lacky in warning about risks and dangers while advocating psychedelics.

As Leo pointed out in one previous video if I remember correctly, EVERYTHING has it's danger.

Consider the dangers of water, sugar, ice cream, toilet, food, TV, fire, oxygen, electricity etc. These things have the potential to kill you, like literally.

Stay awake while using them guys :ph34r:

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Mikael89 I know, and it doesn’t change that fact.

All I was trying to say is, maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something or you could benefit from deeper analysing what happened.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't understand what you mean with the dieing every moment part.

Every single moment is equally potent for Death to come. 

This moment, right here, is not qualitatively any different from the moment when you'll actually die.

As Daddy Mckenna put it so accurately, ''We are all waiting in Death's waiting room waiting for our call anytime while distracting ourselves with gossip, magazines, mindless activities and pretending that this is not the case''

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Seriously? Come on..

That's totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with this. Or are you joking maybe?

You are basically saying: "You can die from water, and you can die from a nuclear weapon. So that means nuclear weapons and water are equally dangerous/safe. Go ahead and play with nuclear weapons."

Did I ever say everything is equally dangerous? Everything has it's own utility protocol. Lets say you feel thirsty and jump into the middle a sea. You're thirsty, right? Would this strategy legitimately work? No! It will kill you. 

When it comes to killing you, both water and nuclear weapon has the SAME potential. It's the same Death we are talking about. The cosmetics and probability of the events maybe and is different.

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Okay, but what does that have to do with this?

Doesn't change the fact that that trips can go wrong. I can't see how what you say justifies using psychedelics.

The death moment elaboration wasn't necessarily related with psychedelics. You'll reach the same realization if you contemplate.

I'm not specifically justifying psychedelics or anything. All I am saying is a general guideline. If you wanna utilize something, you gotta do it by following the protocol. Remember that boundless water will kill you. 

Having said that, it's really not in your control whether or when shit will actually hit the fan. Thousands of people around the world die or get injured every year from seemingly insignificant things like food, medicine, utility equipments and systems. 

So should we ban and bastardize food, water, fire, electricity, medicine now?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Mikael89

Yes it depends on situation. If such a situation comes when civilians need to carry a nuclear weapon then that is what needs to be done. None of this is absolute or set on stone.

It's all a construct with 'my survival' as the central theme. Realize that your death or discomfort is ONLY your problem. That's why you probably give a lot of shit to it. 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Psychedelics is obviously muuuuch more dangerous than water etc.

I promise you that water has killed way more people than psychedelics.

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Yea I don't think I will take psychedelics anymore.

I had a bad trip and got hospitalized. 

I become totally stupid during a trip and I could do pretty much anything. I could maybe even jump off from the balcony, resulting in death.

Now when I said this I remember that last night I dreamed about that I actually jumped off the balcony and started to fly. And also other people did the same thing in the dream.

It's a common dream which I get. See, that dream could revisit during a trip. 

Funny coincidence that I dreamed about that stuff last night and now I wrote about the same thing which made me remember the dream.

With Psychedelics, I think it depends A LOT on the individual. Some people can have hundreds of trips almost anywhere and ride it along, and others not. I have a friend who almost went driving on acid. And he didnt take a big dose, I couldn´t understand it because all of my trips, for very mindfucked i am I couldn´t see myself doing such stuff, like I feel like my subsconscious mind knows everymoment where it is and i would never hurt me. (But also I could me wrong of course)

I say it because I tend to have those kind of thoughts too, and the fear of losing control and jumping out of the window sometimes has arised before tripping. However, its funny because it always happens me that when I trip if that thought arises it just seem to me stupid, and one time I had to totally let go and accept jumping out of the window, but I never moved from the couch during the whole trip. It was just the fear in my mind that I had to accept and let go of it.

Its better not to jump into conclusions generalising, since what it does to one person might be different to the other one. The best is to start always with low doses, and see how you react. Not neccesary to say that if you have serious mental issues you just should abstain from them

Edited by Javfly33

Studies have consistently shown that psychedelics are amoung the least dangerous substances to the user and to others. Alcohol is amoung the most dangerous, An example of one such study below. In general, people should be far more concerned about alcohol consumption than psychedelic consumption.

Furthermore, clinical studies are consistently showing statistically-significant positive effects for psychedelic therapy.

Regarding relative experience: most people that do an Ayahuasca retreat think and feel it was the most profound spuritual experience of their lives. 

Of course, precautions should be taken when introducing psychedelics into one’s spiritual paractice - yet percautions should also be taken when one adding yoga or running into one’s spiritual practice.

Regarding my direct experience: I have drank alcohol over 50 times, I have run over 50 marathons and I have tripped over 50 times. I would put the danger level of psychedelics closer to the dangers of marathon running than alcohol consumption. 

drug-chart-920x592.jpg

1 hour ago, cirkussmile said:

I promise you that water has killed way more people than psychedelics.

I would imagine scuba diving is more dangerous than psychedelics.

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Yea I don't think I will take psychedelics anymore.

I had a bad trip and got hospitalized. 

I become totally stupid during a trip and I could do pretty much anything. I could maybe even jump off from the balcony, resulting in death.

Now when I said this I remember that last night I dreamed about that I actually jumped off the balcony and started to fly. And also other people did the same thing in the dream.

It's a common dream which I get. See, that dream could revisit during a trip. 

Funny coincidence that I dreamed about that stuff last night and now I wrote about the same thing which made me remember the dream.

Why would you jump off a balcony? Just because you can do anything does not mean you should actually do it.

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Sigh. You know perfectly what I mean.

Both yes and no.

I understand you had a bad trip but why is thay dangerous for you now? You rather got motivated to do your practice without psychedelics. Some people say that psychedelics shows you what you need and not what you want. 

I understand that playing with psychedelics can be bad if used irresponsibly but in your case you find it not necessary, at least not for now. Just watch so you don’t blame this fear you have onto the substance. The resistance you have against psychedelics is in fact a resistance that exists in you. 

The sooner we can be without the better  but forcing it is not a shortcut. 

Cosmic love brother

someone posted this video before on this forum so I'll just copy my reply here:

"I think this is a good video. He is right to speak about these substances with great caution.

Trips can definitely get scary, unpredictable, or even terrifying depending on the substance.

I think it helps to have spiritual practices in place in order to be able to remain Calm and open. 

Another important point is to remember, that taking moderate to high doses are not necessary. 

You gotta be able to make the best of the worse case scenarios, to have that kind of hope is important.

It's hard to say whether its right for you. You will have to take that risk. I do not know who you are and even if you told me, I don't know deeply who you are. A psychedelic experience can be a serious serious experience. Other times, I wonder why I was so afraid, lol. 

Granted I have not done Salvia, 5-meo, and all the various substances like 2-CB or LSA, or whatever. I am also careful about dosages and I only do high doses indoors.

I would never dial 911, fuck that, I'd rather die. Much better idea to have a trip sitter or someone who you can call.

------------

If you are still interested in trying them, but extremely worried, you can try them in a setting with shamans. There's Ayahuasca retreats and places to go to have a 5-meo experience with experienced shamans."

I have also experienced short-term depersonalization episodes a few times during my experimentation. I always felt it was a combination of personal issues + the substance; in addition they were medium doses, not high doses. It also worth noting that I do tend to vape marijuana at the end of my LSD trips. This could have impact that is different than people who do not mix it. Note of warning, I do not recommend mixing psychedelics with marijuana, it can drastically effect the trip and I am speaking from experience. 

With all that said. Tripping can be a good, elevating, mind opening time.

-------------

Be mindful that psychedelics have vastly different effects between them. A trip on LSD is NOT the same as a DMT trip or a Salvia or on Agaric mushrooms. 

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

Psychedelics are not for everyone.

But I'm sure that if used correctly, they bear a lot of potential.

Yep, well said. 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Studies have consistently shown that psychedelics are amoung the least dangerous substances to the user and to others. Alcohol is amoung the most dangerous, An example of one such study below. In general, people should be far more concerned about alcohol consumption than psychedelic consumption.

Furthermore, clinical studies are consistently showing statistically-significant positive effects for psychedelic therapy.

Regarding relative experience: most people that do an Ayahuasca retreat think and feel it was the most profound spuritual experience of their lives. 

Of course, precautions should be taken when introducing psychedelics into one’s spiritual paractice - yet percautions should also be taken when one adding yoga or running into one’s spiritual practice.

Regarding my direct experience: I have drank alcohol over 50 times, I have run over 50 marathons and I have tripped over 50 times. I would put the danger level of psychedelics closer to the dangers of marathon running than alcohol consumption. 

drug-chart-920x592.jpg

Hmmm interesting 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.