CreamCat

Can Leo teach enlightenment if he is not enlightened?

30 posts in this topic

Leo said he was not enlightened on this forum.

If you were not enlightened, how could you teach enlightenment to others? Isn't it like a blind person leading other blind people in a maze?

Edited by CreamCat

@Rilles I watch Leo Gura primarily for practical stuff which he excels at. Also, an unenlightened person like me cannot recognize enlightened people. I can only approximate by reputation.

Edited by CreamCat

He can, he will, he must !

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

@Rilles I watch Leo Gura primarily for practical stuff which he excels at. Also, an unenlightened person like me cannot recognize enlightened people. I can only approximate by reputation.

You can recognize an enlightened being by the call and response ratio in his conversation, if he takes more than 1 minute to respond a to a question then he is lost in INFINITY which means he is enlightened. You didnt know this? Phew rookie

^_^

Dont look at me! Look inside!

He was probably enlightened during his psychedelics sessions.

Edited by CreamCat

27 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Leo said he was not enlightened on this forum.

Leo is teaching enlightenment to the beginners, he is not teaching to the mystics.

25 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You can recognize an enlightened being by the call and response ratio in his conversation, if he takes more than 1 minute to respond a to a question then he is lost in INFINITY which means he is enlightened. You didnt know this? Phew rookie

^_^

So if I want a lot of teachers for free, I should go to a madhouse ?

Make sense !

God is love

And God in them

Teaching enlightenment is actually the easiest gig in the world. Any fool can do it.

Here's the formula:

Step #1: What are you?

Step #2: Whatever object you find that you think you are, you're wrong.

Step #3: Repeat steps #1 and #2 until enlightenment happens.

In fact, we could program a 1980's computer to teach people enlightenment.

Or just go do some 5-MeO-DMT and you'll instantly understand what enlightenment is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

So if I want a lot of teachers for free, I should go to a madhouse ?

Make sense !

Youre already in a madhouse, its called society. :x

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@CreamCat There's nothing you can say to teach about enlightenment, all a guru can do is just keep pointing and pointing towards the traps your awareness falls in. Thoughts, language and communication are all apart of one happening like everything else so you create a paradox when trying to communicate enlightenment. Like honestly,  when I'm trying to be aware of the process of me typing on this forum I feel as though the words coming out of my mind is just baseless gibberish. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@CreamCat You can also see the delusion in that trip. He said “I’m scared that this awakened state will leave me, but I don’t see how that’s possible.” Haha. It did leave him. He was wrong. Although maybe it’s because in the awakened state, there is no duality between remaining and leaving, or some insight of that sort. So you can say that he was right in that the experience did not leave him.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I get what you mean but I think the question is a distraction @CreamCat

Edited by Sven

@CreamCat  In a way it is even better because he is well-informed (which you can judge from his videos/vlogs), but he still understands your perspective of things and the world as he is/was scientifically minded. 

In a way it would be harder for you to learn from people like Peter Ralston who would just shout 'SNAP OUT OF IT' at your face. The enlightened masters sometimes cannot even bring themselves down to your perspective in order to give you 'practical' advice on what to actually do or not do.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

@Leo Gura But you're so knowledgeable in the field, done so many things, know so many concepts. But you still haven't achieved it.

Kind of demotivating isn't it?

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Youre already in a madhouse, its called society. :x

But they sure talk faster than a one second window ???

God is love

And God in them

Is society actually a madhouse or a mental institution?