SageModeAustin

Question for Leo eating healthy

19 posts in this topic

When you don’t eat healthy do you feel neurotic? Let’s say you’ve been eating healthy everyday then decide to have a cheat meal .

Will you feel neurotic for doing it? 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

These days not so much. Usually I just feel bad from the food itself more so than from my own sense of guilt.

I've realized long ago that guilting myself for stuff like that is counterproductive.

The bad food itself is enough get me to correct course.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's the sensation, not the perception. When you eat like shit, you feel like shit.

@Leo Gura do you see a problem with this? 

Like what’s the point of all this self-development if we can’t even enjoy bad food once in a while? 

Imagine you are with all your friends and they buy your meal to be friendly, but you decline because you have this ‘path that you must follow’

whilst they enjoy the meal, being completely happy 

I’m not encouraging eating unhealthy by any means, but I do see a problem here

Otherwords it’s a form of perfectionism (a good type of perfectionism, but still neurotic) 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

15 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

Like what’s the point of all this self-development if we can’t even enjoy bad food once in a while.

The point is that you start to enjoy eating healthy EVERY time, not only once in a while.

I challange you to go and enjoy a KFC bucket after eating vegan diet for a month. It will taste like oily paper.

But, if you know a restaurant that serves one of the best burgers in the world, then why not, enjoy it with your friends from time to time.

I cant enjoy bad food because it tastes fake.

I've trained my palate with discipline and now I prefer arugala over a pizza/hamburger any day.

Meditate more.

Stop feeling like you are missing out on unhealthy food. 

The taste lasts a few moments and then it is gone and you are left with guilt and upset stomach.

Your friends are missing out on the feeling of having a healthy body/mind...and that lasts longer than your 5 minutes of mouth pleasure.

Work hard at the beginning to take your monkey-like craving for disgusting food that is likely filled with chemicals that will harm you.

Learn to enjoy healthy food more than unhealthy food.

I dont even want a piece of cheesecake...I would rather have a bowl of strawberries because they taste better to me. They taste clean, pure, and natural. Compared to the cheesecake which tastes too sweet and fake.

Meditate more.

Do not cheat. Do not cheat. This is especially important at the beginning.

Shoot for 100% following your diet strictly and regularly every day. Cheat days do not exist. If you want a cheat day then you are not doing the diet for the right reasons. 

Research and understand why you are not eating certain food. Learn why bread is disgusting. Learn why milk is disgusting. Learn why hamburgers are disgusting. Your perception of the food will change. I dont even consider pizza to be an edible substance, in fact it grosses me out.

Lastly, stop complaining about your diet as if you are being deprived of something. It makes you sound like a victim and it shows that you do not know the value of eating healthy.

Meditate more.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

3 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

Like what’s the point of all this self-development if we can’t even enjoy bad food once in a while?

Hehehe....

You're misunderstanding how this works.

You can enjoy whatever you want. It's just that conscious people enjoy healthy things while unconscious people force themselves to do healthy things out of obligation.

For the conscious person, the healthy action and the enjoyable action are one and the same.

Things are only a problem if your mind makes them a problem.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You can enjoy whatever you want. It's just that conscious people enjoy healthy things while unconscious people force themselves to do healthy things out of obligation.

For the conscious person, the healthy action and the enjoyable action are one and the same.

How much should consciousness be an authority over what one eats? Is research necessary as well? 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys Research is always good. Educate yourself about nutrion.

@Leo Gura Is there a way to know whats best for us,they make these books like everyone is the same...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

As organic, raw, fresh, whole, unprocessed food as possible is best.

Lots of fruits and veggies is best.

High quality meat is good too.

I have a video: How To Shop For Healthy Food

@Leo Gura But do you know for sure that this is the best for everybody?

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

16 minutes ago, Torkys said:

@Leo Gura But do you know for sure that this is the best for everybody?

All knowledge in the relative domain is probablisitic and fallible.

It is not about being sure, it is about taking the best seeming course despite incomplete information.

Get used to taking action on incomplete information. If new, better information surfaces you can adjust course.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All knowledge in the relative domain is probablisitic and fallible.

It is not about being sure, it is about taking the best seeming course despite incomplete information.

Get used to taking action on incomplete information. If new, better information surfaces you can adjust course.

Well said, I was going to say something along the lines of that. Try the recommended advice, find out what part of it works, what doesn't then adjust until you find the right balance for your body.

You gotta start somewhere and I would think a well supported average of what is best is a good starting line.

Look into the concept of flexible dieting. It’s a method of eating a lot of natural (non-steroid using) bodybuilders use as they diet down for contest’s or even in their off season.

The overall principle is eating “un-healthy” foods do not make or break your health. If you want to eat pizza occasionally, do it! But realize the majority of your diet needs be made of “healthy” foods. 

I want to kinda echo the point though that the healthier you eat, and the longer you eat a healthy diet, the more enjoyable those healthier foods become. But don’t become so neurotic about these healthy foods though that you can’t sit down and enjoy a pizza haha. 

@Leo Gura Have you heard of Michael Greger and his website NutritionFacts.org? He seems to be on the cutting edge of nutrition, hiring 20 full time researchers to sort through all the science, advocating a whole foods plant based diet. What are your thoughts on eating meat?

20 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

Imagine you are with all your friends and they buy your meal to be friendly, but you decline because you have this ‘path that you must follow’

whilst they enjoy the meal, being completely happy 

I’m not encouraging eating unhealthy by any means, but I do see a problem here

Otherwords it’s a form of perfectionism (a good type of perfectionism, but still neurotic) 

You're halfway correct. In the situation you described, that would probably be sign of neuroticism.

What you're not seeing is that once you hit a certain level, eating unhealthy is legitimately less enjoyable.

Why? Because when you're tuned in and buzzing along in high vibration, there's really no feeling that compares. The mental clarity, energy and focus is addicting in a good way.

If you now eat that unhealthy food, all that good high vibe feeling goes away. Your mind dulls. Your energy falls. Even your body revolts, usually with stomach pains.

Conversely, when you eat healthy, it's like your entire being is singing.

So there's no desire to eat unhealthy because you know it's just going to make you feel worse. Personally, the thought almost never even occurs to me anymore to eat that way.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

High quality meat is good too.

This is like saying: high-quality cigarettes are good or high-quality heroin is good. IT doesn't matter what quality it is, it is a bad food.

Is this the justification to eat bacon or you just enjoy it that much because all science shows that meat is not healthy for you no matter if it is organic grass-fed or whatever bullshit marketing they used to sell it to you.

I know you can do excellent unbiased research on a topic and It really baffles my mind how much you don't know about nutrition.                                      

I suggest you give some more time into the whole nutrition domain and maybe change your mind. At least try every diet for 3 months or something and then come to a result. At this point, you just ride the bandwagon of mainstream ignorance. 

And I am not even taking into account the spiritual and karmic consequences of eating meat.

Go watch some of Sadhguru's advice on the yogic diet ;) it will do you better than demonizing carbs.