Torkys

A Christian critique of Actualized.org

96 posts in this topic

Would love to hear what you think, especially @egoless

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

A person with the perspective of "God is not within us" is of course going to be the polar opposite of a person believing the other way around. That totally changes how you look at yourself, others (including Leo) and everything else. I'm sure he's a good person, but I disagree with him. 

@aurum I am not that personally sure anymore. @egoless has opened my mind to a degree that I am sure I am going to wholeheartedly repent once I become open-minded enough and willing to handle the consequences.

@PsiloPutty Once again, @egoless told me that God is present in every person. Christianity is a "God is within you" paradigm which disagrees with consciousness work.

@Mikael89 Thank you for providing Bible quotes :)

What if non-duality is Mammon/Satan though?

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys  "When you meditate it opens you up to demonic influances that cause you to feel rage". .

Contemplate that statement. What does it really say?

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@Torkys  "When you meditate it opens you up to demonic influances that cause you to feel rage". .

Contemplate that statement. What does it really say?

It means that you are the demonic influences- and you resist them

I didn't watch the videos,  but I haven't watched any of Leo's either. 

How can people accept ..the kingdom of God is within us...from the Bible and reject other parts?

It also says Satan masquerades as an angel of light and seeks to devour and destroy. It says Jesus is the only way to the father. 

All paths don't lead to the same place. That is a lie that is being believed by even some Christians. The Bible doesn't say that. 

I am not saying nonduality and Christianity can't cooexist (neither am I saying they can, I do know know.) When ever you are experiencing the Absolute, know that it may not be the true God you are merging with. I only mention these things for those contemplating Christianity. If you are not, just as Pharoahs heart was hardened, you will not believe me anyway, and that is your choice. If this is against forum rules please delete. I will not be offended. 

Edited by Nondescript

29 minutes ago, Nondescript said:

I am not saying nonduality and Christianity can't cooexist (neither am I saying they can, I do know know.)

@Nondescript This is where Christianity and nonduality meet. 

"This is not a shared space. For it to be shared there would have to be two. Here there is not even one"

3 hours ago, Torkys said:

Would love to hear what you think, especially @egoless

Actualized.org has got a free promotion! :D .. A meditation lover who hasn't heard about actualized.org will register here after watching the video...

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

44 minutes ago, Nondescript said:

I didn't watch the videos,  but I haven't watched any of Leo's either. 

How can people accept ..the kingdom of God is within us...from the Bible and reject other parts?

It also says Satan masquerades as an angel of light and seeks to devour and destroy. It says Jesus is the only way to the father. 

All paths don't lead to the same place. That is a lie that is being believed by even some Christians. The Bible doesn't say that. 

I am not saying nonduality and Christianity can't cooexist (neither am I saying they can, I do know know.) When ever you are experiencing the Absolute, know that it may not be the true God you are merging with. I only mention these things for those contemplating Christianity. If you are not, just as Pharoahs heart was hardened, you will not believe me anyway, and that is your choice. If this is against forum rules please delete. I will not be offended. 

I have an explanation for all this. Look up how many gospels are there for Jesus. The actual truth is actually distorted in Bible.. But certain verses in Bible stick out like a sore thumb revealing its original source.

I was planning to write a book on this and had prepared some notes. I am sharing those notes here: 

1) The existence of an oral tradition of secret teachings of Jesus called Disciplina Arcani which was taught only to his disciples and passed on orally. To the masses Jesus mainly taught through parables.

2) Existence of other gospels about Jesus which were never part of the Bible. The books in new testament was handpicked by Rome to suit their political agenda during the time of Constantine. Remember that this same Roman empire wanted to kill Jesus when he was born.

3) the possibility that Jesus lived in India between the age 13-29 which is explored in the article: https://dailyinformator.com/bbc-doc-proves-jesus-was-a-buddhist-monk-named-issa-who-spent-16-years-in-india-tibet/?ref=truth I will only consider this as a very likely possibility, since no one can be 100% certain about the past.

4) the real meaning of Trinity, Son of God and repentance, which are in perfect alignment with other ancient esoteric teachings that was popular in the East during 6the century BC.

5) few pages explaining how all religions of today has mostly become an opportunity to create divisions among people, create violence and used by people for show off, to simply boast and claim superiority and hate each other.. This is totally contradictory to what Jesus taught.. I was shocked after attending a meeting in a protestant church where the pastor was almost teaching to hate other people. Even though he did not directly say that, his underlying message was hatred. A girl I know has been seriously brainwashed by that church and this poor girl really doesn't know what she is doing. She once told me that all Catholics are idiots and she is trying very hard to convert her catholic boyfriend to her protestant path.. But unfortunately the poor girl thinks that it is OK to call an entire group of human beings as idiots in the name of religion. She is so desperate to prove her boyfriend that he is wrong by quoting one of the ten commandments. But she doesn't seriously consider the fact that all Jesus was concerned about was two commandments: love God and love other human beings unconditionally..

6) a discussion about Christian mysticism, union with God and saints like St. Avila and St. John of the cross who are believed to have attained union with God. Christian mysticism preserves most of the original teachings of Jesus.

7) details about the metaphorical meaning behind the story in Genesis and also about Kaballah, a Jewish mystic tradition

8) details about how certain words have been wrongly translated in Bible from Greek to English, which changed the meaning of certain concepts.

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam

My beliefs are the the complete canon is the inspired Word of God. That if it is omitted, then it is not divinely inspired. Even if the motivations for what was included in the canon were human, and deceptive (I am not saying they were or were not, doesn't matter for sake of my perspective) it (The Bible) was orchestrated by God to be exactly how it is. The Word of God has to be the foundation. Otherwise man interjects his own opinion or twist on Gods word. Or mistakenly sources information from non divine sources and accepts it as doctrine. And that has always been an issue. As for those "Christians" you mentioned hating other groups, those are not true followers of Jesus. 

Matthew 22:37-38 KJV
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment.

Matthew 22:39 KJV
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Edited by Nondescript

2 hours ago, Torkys said:

@aurum I am not that personally sure anymore. @egoless has opened my mind to a degree that I am sure I am going to wholeheartedly repent once I become open-minded enough and willing to handle the consequences.

@PsiloPutty Once again, @egoless told me that God is present in every person. Christianity is a "God is within you" paradigm which disagrees with consciousness work.

@Mikael89 Thank you for providing Bible quotes :)

What if non-duality is Mammon/Satan though?

Just to say we know that the Bible was written 2000 years ago, or at least that's what is claimed, we also know that humans have been around for 75,000 years or so. In that time there have been various different religions and beliefs and there continue to be more. 

Consider if you were born 2000 years before the Bible was written, would you have any of these concerns, or would you have the concerns of the culture and religion you were born into? This is not to dismiss the Bible but what you do know is that whatever time you were born you could be silent with yourself and have the same or similar experience to someone else who was silent with themselves. So there's something in you that's constant and transcends all language and ideologies but connects you to everything. 

You feel strongly about religion but this has not been experinced within you, you have taken these beliefs from what others said or wrote, you would have to contemplate whether this is real truth within the context of everything

4 minutes ago, Nondescript said:

@Shanmugam

My beliefs are the the complete canon is the inspired Word of God. That if it is omitted, then it is not divinely inspired. Even if the motivations for what was included in the canon were human, and deceptive (I am not saying they were or were not, doesn't matter for sake of my perspective) it (The Bible) was orchestrated by God to be exactly how it is. The Word of God has to be the foundation. Otherwise man interjects his own opinion or twist on Gods word. And that has always been an issue. As for those "Christians" you mentioned hating other groups, those are not true followers of Jesus. 

Matthew 22:37-38 KJV
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment.

Matthew 22:39 KJV
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

How did you form these beliefs if you don't mind me asking? 

@Consept 

Last year I had an unprovoked spontaneous mystical experience. I need to give some background on this before I begin because we all know these experiences are influenced by what we've read or studied in the past. 

I had:

-  Been saved as a child

- Read at some point in the past all of the New Testament, but not really gotten into it or felt like I got anything out of it. I certainly didn't live the life of a Christian. Far from it. 

I had not:

- believed in anything supernatural or spiritual 

- meditated, studied any other religion or philosophy,  nor believed in such. 

- ever been taught or even thought of The Bible as being divinely inspired, or anything other than an imperfect, perhaps mythical work of literature or fable composed by man. 

During my experience,  when it hit and filled my entire being with the Divine - in an instant I knew that the Bible was actually true and real. As I was in awe with this ineffable experience,  I then pictured the Bible being dropped into existence out of sky. And thought WOW ...everything humans need to know has been provided to us in the Bible. 

Keep in mind that I had no idea that some churches actually teach this. At the church I go to now we absolutely accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God..but this just reinforced what had already been communicated to me. 

I know this sounds crazy and unbelievable. 

Edited by Nondescript

I was religious before I started to do Enlightenment Work.  Religion is a stage on the Path, or at least it was for me.  See, your whole life is a Path.  Sure, you have the Enlightenment Path, but that's a very specific kind of Path.  The overarching Path is the Path of your life.  And for me, religion was a phase I went through for 2 years -- right before I started studying Enlightenment.  So, religion for me, looking back, was the gateway to true Spirituality.  Religion was the starting point, but I eventually transcended religion and kept the Spirituality.   People think atheism is higher that religion, I'm not so sure about that.  Religion discovered in an atheist can be a powerful precursor to true Spirituality i.e., maintaining God Awareness.  To me religion is the first step into Spirituality, but it must eventually be transcended because it's basically an Egoic flavor of Spirituality.  God is You! -- the true Self.   You're only talking to Yourself when you're talking to God.  The idea that God is external is Egoic.  God is 'in here' not 'out there',

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@aurum

6 hours ago, aurum said:

@Torkys

Oh god the misunderstandings are laughable.

Do you laugh from a place of pure understanding?

1 hour ago, Barry J said:

@aurum

Do you laugh from a place of pure understanding?

No, I laugh from behind my cell phone screen.