Torkys

A Christian critique of Actualized.org

96 posts in this topic

One big problem of the Bible as many know is verifying if whats in the Bible is the full and completely uncensored version of it. Which as others has pointed out, its contents has been cherry picked.

You can find nonduality interpretations in the Bible easy. In fact you can in most religions and even ancient philosophies. Egyptians and Greek were big pursuers of the nondual path. 

Its all the same thing just explained in different ways with different abstractions etc from my perspective. Then when the source author is no longer around all you have is interpretation through YOUR lens and not the authors lens.

You'll go around in circles doing that. It seems awfully flawed to need to read a book to find God and then basically be indoctrinated into the most popular religion of that area as well as the teachers interpretation of the teaching.

This is all outward seeking and not inward seeking. 

All the suffering I see due to religion to me seems to come from following that religion with no inward seeking. Its a closed locked down box that refuses to realize its more than a box.

Beware to not use religion as an opening for the ego to project itself onto the world.

Edited by Shadowraix

I am reading my Bible this morning,  like I do often and there is a message to me on the first page I turn to. 

Hebrews 13:8-9 NLT
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. [9] So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. 

I am reading the clock this morning, and like the top in Inception assures reality, our clocks assure the dream, and so I’m living today to the fullest. Tick mf’n tock. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nondescript said:

I am reading my Bible this morning,  like I do often and there is a message to me on the first page I turn to. 

Hebrews 13:8-9 NLT
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. [9] So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. 

Keep following that path. So hard you pass the inflection point of theism. You will find the answer then. :) 

Strange new ideas is so goddamn vague, that could mean ANYTHING

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yo guys...Jesus was right...Buddha was right...Mohammed was right...they all point towards non-duality

"Even this view, which is so pure and so clear, if you cling to it, if you fondle it, if you treasure it and are attached to it, then you do not understand that the teaching is like a raft, it is for getting across but not for holding onto"

- Buddha

In the same way Jesus' teachings are meant to be a tool for finding truth for yourself but the teaching itself cannot be truth because it is just words and words are only partial.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

35 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I am reading the clock this morning, and like the top in Inception assures reality, our clocks assure the dream, and so I’m living today to the fullest. Tick mf’n tock. ❤️

That's a good movie. I was thinking about it this morning actually. I forgot the name until you mentioned it. And I completely forgot about the top. 

in this dream within a dream we are in we can make a movie about a dream within a dream within a dream. When in reality there IS a reality and the ultimate illusion is that reality is an illusion. 

Edited by Nondescript

Time is running out

look at the way society is configured. It’s a hierarchy. Who’s at the top? Why has it been set up this way? Did you see it being set up or did you read it somewhere? What do you really know about the forces which formed your reality?

why are certain messages and memes being trickled down in plain sight? Why is maximum profit the root goal of every company on earth when survival could be achieved at day 1? 

why is greed, lust, temptation, and violence investigated by art and media? Why is it a topic of conversation if it’s supposed to be so ‘normal’ to this reality? 

What are you seeing and why are you seeing it?

What is a teacher? What does he teach? What is a preacher? What does he preach? What is the difference? Something exists beyond your view and it’s the living God, implied wherever you look

the non dual state is a dead end and offers no relief

You’ve been high on nonduality

the withdrawals will be metaphysical

play with fire and you will get burnt 

1 hour ago, calibrate said:

You’ve been high on nonduality

the withdrawals will be metaphysical

play with fire and you will get burnt 

Thats okay. I am the fire as well. :) 

@calibrate  I am already burning as you can see from my profile picture.

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

3 hours ago, Flammable said:

@calibrate  I am already burning as you can see from my profile picture.

Jeremiah 18:12

"But they will say, 'It's hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart.'

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

no pearly gates for you my friend?

Edited by Rilles

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

this refers to the kingdom of god not existing within any church - certaintly not catholic churches

you do it through walking in the faith of christ

Where does it exist? Why even bother building churches then?

Edited by Rilles

18 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Why even bother building churches then?

Better ask the people who profit from Catholicism.

as for smaller churches though, think of it like this - why does actualized.org exist if all the work is done yourself? Because no man is an island

Edited by calibrate

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 17:20-23

24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 12:24-25

You're being deceived

On 10/6/2018 at 9:01 PM, Mikael89 said:

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 17:20-23

24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 12:24-25

On 10/7/2018 at 7:23 AM, Mikael89 said:

@calibrate Well then how do you interpret the verses which I quoted? The dude in the YouTube videos don't mention those verses.

And also he seems to quote many verses from the Old Testament, the New Testament replaced the Old Testament so NT is the way to go.

The NT did not replace the OT. It did supercede any "laws" per se, but not the OT scriptures themselves. One must know the OT to fully understand the NT. 

When Jesus is talking about unity he is talking about his disciples (and the "church") as a unified body. When he is talking about the seed dying and producing more seeds he is talking about his death on the cross. When he says that we should not love this life he is talking about not loving carnal (fleshly, worldly) things. Dying to the world and experiencing a spiritual rebirth where the focus is on Jesus, and realizing that this world and material things are temporal. But when you are born again through Christ you will have eternal life. 

Colossians 3:1-2 KJV
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. [2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Edited by Nondescript

7 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@Nondescript Ok.

"Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common."

Acts 4:32 ESV

Yes, the believers were spiritually united. As a church we are a corporate body. 

Acts 2:1-4 KJV
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The above is a turning point in the world. This is when the Holy Spirit first filled people other than the Old Testament prophets. Jesus said that it was imperative that he go (the ascension) so that he could send the great Comforter, which is the Holy spirit).