Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,023 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

How is bombing anti-abortion clinics stage green?

It’s stage green extremism 

TITLE: DeSantis targets R house to protect kids; parents say that’s not his call

stage blue/orange pushback against stage green 

https://instagram.com/vganbootyy?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This is a very good example of an unhealthy version of vMEME Green.

The problem is not the values that they hold per se, in this particular case is that she seems to keep pushing her views on veganism to meat eaters without really addressing the environment that she lives, and she runs with it with full force, and gets repelled 10 times harder, because she doesn't understand that the social configuration can't access things that are out of their level of concern/awareness, so her views and her actions will be perceived as awkward, extreme, and inconvenient,  and her message will never get into these people's heads.

What vMEME Green "Extremists" can't see is that reality follows a chaotic/non-linear process... maybe the change that they want to see with their collective action may occur not in their lifetime, but from a constant struggle across generations, which sometimes seems that nothing is working (or that it might be even heading backwards...). So to keep pushing these ideas, and ignoring other people's worldviews (that are opposite to yours) can only work to a certain extent,  but later you have to go to source of what makes them think and behave that way, and maybe you find out that the solution may not be as ideal as you and your group might have thought of in the first place...

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Rebel Wisdom itself is a vMEME Yellow channel, but these particular guests actually hold a vMEME Green Worldview (a very healthy one by the way...)

On 9/11/2022 at 11:49 PM, Raze said:

Why in front of kids? 

I don't mind them doing it in a club or something like that but this is fucked up. 

Can someone please explain their perspective? 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:08 PM, Bernardo Carleial said:

Rebel Wisdom itself is a vMEME Yellow channel, but these particular guests actually hold a vMEME Green Worldview (a very healthy one by the way...)

I know both these women personally. I wouldn't categorize either as primarily orienting from a Green Worldview, though certainly they both embody very healthy and robust Green qualities. Maybe I'd say they're somewhat split between the two stages, representing various aspects of both. Bernardo, I'm curious what you felt made both of them represent Green vs Yellow for you? In some ways I think you're making their meta point, which is that people associate Yellow with all the masculine qualities since the few people in society who are Yellow+ are typically men. Do we even know what a Yellow woman embodied in her feminine essence would look like? There's so few examples out there (Bonnitta Roy is one that comes to mind), and often the ones that do have a very keen systems thinking mind (like Samantha - I've heard her speak elsewhere and she's has very complex meaning making abilities) are quickly labeled as Green if they speak on other topics like embodiment or feminine energy or whatever. All that said, perhaps in this video they are indeed speaking from more of a Green worldview. I'd have to rewatch it to evaluate for myself. It's just interesting to note what unconscious gender biases may be at work when labeling people by SD memes (which, hilariously and admiringly so, is a very Green perspective from me hehe).  

Edited by tuckerwphotography

Great conversation! We have to do so much work as a society to get rid of the maculine bias. It is very hard now to make good money and be fully feminine, that`s a big problem I think.

Edited by Alexop