Light Lover

What is your diet?

55 posts in this topic

Check out perfecthealthdiet.com, whole30.com, marksdailyApple.com. 

Basically, for most people in this current time-space.... a “paleo” diet is the optimal choice. It’s tough to argue with the logic.... humans are animals and inherented their genes from ancestors, who evolved to thrive in a particular environment (that of a hunter gatherer), eating wild plants and animals (and not ding dongs and cheez puffs). 

Focus on high quality, Whole Foods. Get some ultra nutrient rich foods like organ meats, egg yolk, bone broth, shellfish, seaweed, “superfood” fruits and vegetables, etc.

Focus on meals over snacks for the most part. 

If particularly unhealthy or overweight, consider trying a ketogenic diet (sticking to paleo foods).

Consider throwing in some fasting. 

Do all of the other healthy things (stay active, manage stress, experience positive emotions, high quality sleep, learn to breathe optimally, etc).

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

I eat meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts and olive oil. Been keeping this diet for 1,5 months now and I like it. Works good for me. If I want a treat I buy a pineapple and honey melon, that's my "candy".

On 8/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, ChimpBrain said:

You won't find any hard and fast answers to difficult nutritional questions. Mainly dogma and ideology. Aside from obvious stuff like "too much sugar is probably bad for you" anyway.

The antidote to dogma is science.

Science has identified the healthiest diet for humans, and it is a whole-food plant-based (WFPB) diet.
There is too much scientific evidence to list here.

Here is a video introducing the Whole-Food Plant-Based Diet:

The presentation is 55 mins, followed by a Q&A of 20 mins (Q&A is also informative).

More information about WFPB is at https://gist.github.com/wolfv6/5bec2304b8294d84ff0d65488c8179ef

Or just google "Whole-Food Plant-Based".

Whole-food plant-based diet. I take advice from dr John McDougall, dr Michael Greger, and many other doctors and researchers.

On 8/19/2018 at 8:23 PM, Light Lover said:

So a few questions, 1: Is vegetarian/vegan more healthy than meat eating or is meat eating fine as long as it is 'white' meat (chicken, fish, which I currently have), 2: Is there a set perfect diet for everyone or does it depend on your body type or any other factors? 3: What is your diet atm, by that I just mean breakfast, lunch (if you have) dinner etc...for example if you have fruit daily (which I do, usually carrot, apple, grapes and some vegetables as well like broccoli and spinach) and what you drink as well! Thankyou if you have any helpful replies. My diet is not unhealthy but I feel like maybe I need more raw stuff (which was suggested to me on another post like this) and need to cut out wheat as well which I have in the morning (toast).

1. According to many researchers and doctors a vegan diet called who Whole-food plant-based diet, is the healthiest diet. They claim that the diet, combined with an otherwise healthy lifestyle, can reverse heart disease.

2. I never heard that different diets would be any better.

@Light Lover You can avoid "plant fragment foods". Thus, processed plant foods like vegetable oils, suggar, white wheat, white rice etc. Rather eat whole foods, like seeds, dates, whole wheat, brown rice, sweet potato etc.

@Charlotte I haven't changed my diet too much yet except for experimenting with different foods, spices and powders which all are apparently very good for you, thankyou for asking, unfortunately alot of the time the stuff that is the best for you tends to taste awful, at least for me, but I am very fussy eater, it makes it much more difficult for me to change. :D

2 hours ago, Light Lover said:

I haven't changed my diet too much yet except for experimenting with different foods, spices and powders

Counterintuitive comment there ? you have believe it or not! Experimenting with spices, foods and powders is the portal to different foods ? keep going pal, your doing amazing. 

If you trust the process and keep on eating the foods you say taste rank I promise you, you will acquire a taste for them, your taste buds just need retrained is all ?

Thankyou @Shiva that is interesting...I will most certainly research what you have. And thankyou Charlotte, sorry the computer won't let me tag you in this :D Interestingly I have been having lots of dried fruit recently for the first time and I can honestly say I have found all of them totally delicious and they taste like they do alot of good as well, so that is progress I suppose.

On 21/11/2018 at 10:38 PM, Light Lover said:

Interestingly I have been having lots of dried fruit recently for the first time and I can honestly say I have found all of them totally delicious and they taste like they do alot of good as well, so that is progress I suppose.

Awesome man! Yeah your body craves nutrition so it's no coincidence they taste so good ?

Keep up the good work bro ??

Diet is something you'll continue to work with over time. Just start somewhere that makes sense for you and go from there. I started with the whole30 program eliminating foods that didn't didn't agree with my body. My diet is highly specialized now. I eat what works for me and leave out what doesn't. As others have suggested, you'll likely want to start with a whole food plant based diet or paleo-ish diet, stripping out sugar and processed foods. Both are good starting points.

What's my diet?

-rice, beans, onions, peppers, garlic, and eggs (free range OFC) for breakfast. With a cup of green tea.

-porridge: bran rich whole oat meal with dried cranberries and a banana for brunch.

-Here is when i fuck up: Salmon / pork chops with rice beans onions peppers and garlic, a slice of tomato and a quarter of an avocado for lunch. With a glass of coconut water. (Drop the pork chops i know) and prolly the salmon too right?

-porridge again for the afternoon brunch or fruit salad. With a cup of green tea.

-Again: Salmon / pork chops with rice beans onions peppers and garlic, a slice of tomato and a quarter of an avocado for supper. With a glass of coconut water

-porridge / fruit salad for the after supper snack. With a cup of green tea.

Actualizers please rate my diet, or should i start a thread of my own?

Thanks

Arc

@Light Lover do you have any health goals? Or anything you want to improve? energy? Acne?

Heres sample of my diet. It’s a little extreme. I tweaked this over the years and continue to do so. You don’t have to copy me but wanted to show a very unqiue diet. Very functional  incorporating health and fun as possible. Make most sense for me with my busy life. 

First meal at 1-2pm 

high fat/protein - in drink form  

olive oil, chia seed, collagen protein, stavia blended with green tea

4-5pm 

Whatever choice of meat/fish and avocado 

8pm

whatever choice of  meat/fish + lentils 

From what I have looked into plus tested on myself, I think breakfast isn’t important. And night time meal are more beneficial with sleep and hormonal. But having food in our system from morning to night is bad because our system is constantly processing food and could use more time to repair. 

I was fasting when I was eating from 12-8pm. I took it out for now. Still playing with fasting. 

I also have a cheat day once a week. Which I want to extend to once every 1.5-2 weeks just because the food I consume on this day is so bad however, some combo of what I’m doing is causing minimal damage. (Because I use to eat much less bad food and react really bad to it, now reactions to cheat days are almost non existent - watching me eat on this day is sickening - I still have the fat kid in me)

I’m at my skinniest and healthiest point in my life, coming from lots of digestive issues, allergies to sugar, milk. All gone now. My health still needs work but I’m getting there.

What are trying to do health and lifestyle? I will try to make some suggestion. 

@Arcangelo and @Baby Zen thankyou very much for sharing your diets, extremely insightful. I will try to exercise what all of you on this thread have suggested, I have alot to work on now, I can see how all of your diets most certainly vary from my own so I must be doing something wrong. @Baby Zen It's interesting you mentioned lentils as well as I love the taste of them thankfully so I would happily eat them whenever, green tea and olive oil are also very nice. I will see what I can do with them.