Recursoinominado

Is it just me or online spiritual communities are full of mental cases?

53 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor Please think, Joseph: how many people are really into it? I mean self-actualization? Answer this question and you will understand what he (Leo) was pointing at. Of course, 98% information here will not be legit. People are stuck in paradigm.  Mention at least 10 members here who does research holistically and refer to different sources of information, not just using one or two perspectives. Such people wont be arguing here. They will be too busy. 

I guess lots of men ( including you ) on this forum are having a problem with Leo because he is really knowledgeable and dig way too dip than normal plain teacher. He really does tons of work. I mean, it is really easy to criticize him. Well, lol. You should have almost 1 million audience like he does, your forum and website, then you guys, can be on the same level. So far, all of us can have prejudice, sitting on the couch and just watching videos, extrapolating about validity of someones's work. It is the most easiest thing. 

You seem to be sharp, but not at that level to beat him, sorry :( 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

40 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Joseph Maynor Please think, Joseph: how many people are really into it? I mean self-actualization? Answer this question and you will understand what he (Leo) was pointing at. Of course, 98% information here will not be legit. People are stuck in paradigm.  Mention at least 10 members here who does research holistically and refer to different sources of information, not just using one or two perspectives. Such people wont be arguing here. They will be too busy. 

I guess lots of men ( including you ) on this forum are having a problem with Leo because he is really knowledgeable and dig way too dip than normal plain teacher. He really does tons of work. I mean, it is really easy to criticize him. Well, lol. You should have almost 1 million audience like he does, your forum and website, then you guys, can be on the same level. So far, all of us can have prejudice, sitting on the couch and just watching videos, extrapolating about validity of someones's work. It is the most easiest thing. 

You seems to be sharp, but not at that level to beat him, sorry :( 

Yeah, I just don’t like it.  It really doesn’t resonate with me to direct any kind of judgment against the people who come to Personal Development looking for light — as flawed as they might be.  There are better battles for us to fight in life — especially if you’re a Personal Development teacher!  This ‘eating our young’ distraction is just dumb in my eyes — and hurtful to others too.  Nobody likes to be called stupid or crazy.  Imagine if your college teacher called you stupid or crazy!  No good, right. Even if you are stupid or crazy — it’s still no good, see.  Your job is to help those people, to have compassion directed toward those people, to see an earlier you in those people.  There was a day, maybe years ago, when yes you Galyna asked a dumb and crazy question about Personal Development too, was there not?  Can you put yourself in other people’s shoes?  Don’t turn this into an ego battle or competition between me and Leo — all that does is show us your Ego.  And I’ve criticized you on a similar kind of ground once before as I recall. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Galyna said:

@Joseph Maynor So far, all of us can have prejudice, sitting on the couch and just watching videos, extrapolating about validity of someones's work. It is the most easiest thing. 

You seems to be sharp, but not at that level to beat him, sorry :( 

ConcernedGrimAurochs-size_restricted.gif

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah, I just don’t like it.  It really doesn’t resonate with me to direct any kind of judgment against the people who come to Personal Development looking for light — as flawed as they might be.  There are better battles to fight in life — especially if you’re a Personal Development teacher! 

You have idealization of what a teacher should be!!! Why should it resonate with you? Hah? Who said so? It does not resonate with you, but you have over 7K posts here, logic? what are you still doing here? Create your forum and resonate there how you want to. 

I am reading you every evening on this forum. Intuitively I can tell, that to you, because you are a clever guy, it is a competition. It is inconvenient to acknowledge that someone can be sharper than you are. I am so sorry if I sound rude. It just pisses me off when reading crap that people post here. I try not to interfere a lot.  But I hate when people criticize him a lot. Mediocre people.   

@Recursoinominado

"Is it just me or online spiritual communities are full of mental cases?"

Yes, I do think this is a fair statement. However, one often comes to spirituality after a good deal of suffering, that can/does often lead to depression, anxiety, addictions and other neurosis, so you're really suprised? Even Eckhart Tolle was deeply depressed and suicidal. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

when yes you Galyna asked a dumb and crazy question about Personal Development too, was there not?  Can you put yourself in other people’s shoes?

I ask stupid questions all the time. But he always addressed them in a nice, intelligent manner. I had a teacher that called us stupid all the time. It was the best teacher of my life ( teacher of English language) Because of her I basically built my life, moved to USA, made a career. If someone calls you stupid, the way you react tells about your development more than any nice words. You can call me stupid. I dont give a shit, because I do not care about your opinion and because you do not know me well enough to make this judgement. If you buy into his comments, than you are not that advanced as you want to be. Reaction is the best indicator of what you should still work on.

@RecursoinominadoIf everybody seems mentally ill, then humor the idea that probably you are the abnormal one.

The question is: are these mentally ill people trying to forcibly cure you?

I can't remember if I ever saw a thread calling reason a mental illness.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

Many people on the internet are in love with experiences and that they have found something unexplainable. They talk more about experiences and theories than trying to point to what is now. They are absolutely certain how they feel and think. 

Spirituality and psychedelics can be a HUGE trap because it makes you “know” so much ? which of course is a poor measurement of happiness. 

And about the critique against Leo that’s been lately. I’m missing from Leos side compassion and love. Those things are really hard to teach and maybe this is not Leo’s job! He has a beautiful mind and he can share good insights and ideas but the one who benefits most from his videos is Leo himself. No one will be enlightened by listening to Leo at the moment of his development. But many people will become free if they practice meditation or other forms of spiritual practices which he is always trying to point out. But how to say things seems to be of more importance than the content itself. 

I have been disagreeing with Leo for a long long time and yet I love how he speaks and his passion for putting togheter information and how he analyzes it. I’m more inspired by his work efforts than his behavior. 

If someone is grounded in the heart you can see it in their behavior and their speech. You probably get a clearer feel for how someone is in a 10 minute conversation face to face than watching 1000 hours of video content.

Don’t follow other people blindly! Appreciate their uniqueness and let go of the rest.

??

Great reading your posts, as usual.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Tell me i am not alone on this. This forum and lots of others like fb groups i am part of seems to be full of non-sense posts that( i guess) were intended to be super deep and profound but ultimately make no sense at all even to spiritual standards. I am not even talking about grammar here, because my english sucks(for writing but i understand perfectly) and i know the limits of language on those topics. But if you are in a forum, my guess is that would make more sense to try to make your message clear. Seems to me that there are lots of spiritual delusion going on (yeah yeah maya, is all an illusion but you still have to communicate). 

@Outer

There are no dualities in reality, only oneness. What you find in your inner being is literary what you find in the outer world. It's impossible to detect mental cases in the outer world if you're not a mental case yourself! 

You see? It's easy, just find the love, the beauty and the truth in yourself, and you'll find that the world and every forum in the world are literary 100% sane. All people are geniuses with nothing but love, beauty and truth to share with you. 

#NewAge 

;) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Recursoinominado I think that most of the things posted in this forum " make sense " but I still think that the majority of it is pointless. I think that for a newbie like myself there's only so much theory you can take in until additional theory is completely pointless. To be enlightened is to "see" the fact that you are far more than just your thoughts and bodily actions, you are literally everything. This realization requires consciousness work, not mental masturbation. I bet you that 99% of the people on this forum would benefit far more from spending their time meditating rather than spending their time asking questions and theorizing on a forum. I'm one of those people included. People ask these questions about death,purpose, nature of ego and consciousness and the only genuine answer is "who knows". Myself and many people here have probably realized that there aren't many questions to ask, it's just about paying attention to the present moment. 

If you want theory, just read a couple of non duality of books. The book of not knowing by peter ralston is amazing. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is just the nature of online forums.

98% of forum posts are supposed to be nonsense. The other 2% are the gold which makes wading through the 98% worthwhile.

You just have to adjust your expectations for what forums are. A public forum is not an encyclopedia. If you want that, you got Wikipedia (which is awesome by the way).

I have to agree with you, forums are full of people whose minds are overflowing with pretty useless concepts. Can't even read most of the word stew on offer, but still skimming the forum for some reason. I guess still hoping someone will make it faster and make our world a better place lol.. 

7 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Tell me i am not alone on this. This forum and lots of others like fb groups i am part of seems to be full of non-sense posts that( i guess) were intended to be super deep and profound but ultimately make no sense at all even to spiritual standards. I am not even talking about grammar here, because my english sucks(for writing but i understand perfectly) and i know the limits of language on those topics. But if you are in a forum, my guess is that would make more sense to try to make your message clear. Seems to me that there are lots of spiritual delusion going on (yeah yeah maya, is all an illusion but you still have to communicate). 

Isn't self-actualization all about realizing your very own mental issues?  About realizing how your subconscious mind has been deceiving you to see who/what you truly are? Isn't it always easier to say "others" have mental issues than "I" have mental issues? 

15 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

That's why 100% of the posts on here are nonsense. 

9_9

Yours, too? :ph34r::x

every single post on this forum is life and so it is a perfect success 

this topic too is great, it is elliciting so many lively reactions, it is a wonderful thread :)

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Wow everyone here is an expert on who is cool and who is crazy and the dark side of the force hahahahaha

7 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

@Outer

There are no dualities in reality, only oneness. What you find in your inner being is literary what you find in the outer world. It's impossible to detect mental cases in the outer world if you're not a mental case yourself! 

That's not how it works, You don't HAVE to be something to see it in the "outer world", worry, fear or plain curiosity usually do the trick ;)
And that's why you don't take a teaching and repeat it without realizing it's truth.

@Feel Good

Thank you for giving me something to contemplate! :x
Let me know, if you want something to contemplate, too! B|