Dinesh Karki

I want to move to America

17 posts in this topic

I've always loved America and thought it's a great country. There are lots of opportunity there. After I finish bachelor I want to move there. But I have only one way to move there(student visa).  I always dreamed of spending the rest of my life in America, but I have yet to find a way to help me achieve this.  I don't have rich parents so I have to be able to support myself from inside the usa, which is not an option I believe since the student visa have restrictions on how many hours you can work per week.I don't know know i can achieve this goal or not. I am web developer can i get job there as a web developer?  

I can speak to the fact that you can almost certainly find a good job as a web developer in America. Actually, most of the developers at my company are from different countries. There are many jobs for developers in Detroit right now, there is a recent start-up/tech boom going on in the city and many developers and designers are moving here from all over. There is also cheap and affordable housing in and near the city, but there are shady areas to look out for. I think your goal is definitely attainable so don’t give up if it is your dream. Keep researching and find a way to make it happen. I know many others that were able to make it happen for themselves, so if you are determined you can definitely find a way.

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

@zenjen That was so beautiful and uplifting :x

@Dinesh Karki I don't know much about it, but I think what you need to figure out first is exactly WHERE in America you wish to move to. Not all parts will be beneficial to your dreams. Just research the top cities for what you want to do and you should get plenty of results :) 

Once you figure that part out, I would suggest you get in contact with the city's local Immigration and Citizenship Office to at least touch base and get any information you need to get over here. 

I think the Student Visa is a great way to start. Get your foot in the door and once you are here, you study for the citizenship test, which I hear can be a BITCH! And study up on anything you need for it. 

I found this site:

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/apply-citizenship

Hope it helps!

If you create/find work that you can do remotely (from your computer anywhere in the world) then you can 'live' there for months at a time on tourist visas and still be able to support yourself. Then you can look into more permanent solutions if you decide you want to reside there year in and out. Look up 'digital nomads' for reference.

Edited by Arman

Set it as a long term goal and start to chip away at it slowly.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Dinesh Karki Legally immigrating here will be very difficult these days. The number of permanent residencies given out each year is very tiny. You're about as likely to win the lottery.

The best way to move here is to start a successful business in your home country, then expand it into the US and hire 20 employees here. Then they will give you residency and citizenship.

That's how my dad did it.

As always, if you want something in life, rather than asking others to give you value, you become the provider of value. Don't ask the USA to provide you with free value. Provide the USA with value first, and then the doors will open to you.

This is a general strategy for anything you want it life. Provide massive value to others first without asking anything in return.

If you really want something, you gotta be willing to work for it and be super creative.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you get a schoolarship(which I want) and then after you finish your Bachelor want to stay and do business or work for someone,is there a problem?

12 hours ago, Dinesh Karki said:

I've always loved America and thought it's a great country. There are lots of opportunity there.

Nepal is the land of Buddha, it is easier to grow spiritually in an eastern civilization. Sacrifice everything for this ultimate because this is the only thing that will make you contented. If you turn your back on it, you no longer see any meaning in it.

The American dream is becoming more and more materialistic. 

Total crimes per 1000 persons in US is 112 times more than Nepal.

For many Americans, the influx of immigrants hurts their prospects significantly. Many Republicans (33%) as Democrats (16%) support cutting legal immigration into the U.S. Number of people receiving immigrant visas to live in America dropped 12 percent in just the first two years of the Trump presidency. 

Sigmund Freud said, "America is a mistake; a gigantic mistake, but a mistake." 

Poverty is a crime in America. The problem of “high fines and misdemeanors” exists across many parts of the country. As a result, poor people lose their liberty and often lose their jobs, are frequently barred from a host of public benefits, may lose custody of their children, and may even lose their right to vote. Immigrants, even some with green cards, can be subject to deportation.

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Nepal is the land of Buddha, it is easier to grow spiritually in an eastern civilization. Sacrifice everything for this ultimate because this is the only thing that will make you contented. If you turn your back on it, you no longer see any meaning in it.

The American dream is becoming more and more materialistic. 

Total crimes per 1000 persons in US is 112 times more than Nepal.

For many Americans, the influx of immigrants hurts their prospects significantly. Many Republicans (33%) as Democrats (16%) support cutting legal immigration into the U.S. Number of people receiving immigrant visas to live in America dropped 12 percent in just the first two years of the Trump presidency. 

Sigmund Freud said, "America is a mistake; a gigantic mistake, but a mistake." 

Poverty is a crime in America. The problem of “high fines and misdemeanors” exists across many parts of the country. As a result, poor people lose their liberty and often lose their jobs, are frequently barred from a host of public benefits, may lose custody of their children, and may even lose their right to vote. Immigrants, even some with green cards, can be subject to deportation.

I agree with @Prabhaker I think America can be a trap, something that looks great from the outside but once you're there and caught up in the rat race it can be horrible. I understand the allure if you're coming from a poorer country, but most people on their actualisation journey from America usually want to move away. Also now we live in a globalised world so you can make first world money even in third world countries if you work remotely.

Having said that if you're at a quite solid orange stage then it makes sense to move to America as that is a very orange place, but if you do make it there aim to move past orange 

I used to think that way when i was a young kid watching action movies and MTV, as i get older and wiser i make sure to stay as far away as the US as i can lol. South America for the virgin tropical lands and maybe Canada but US these days is like the junkyard of the world.

I know there are some powerful spiritual places like Sedona Arizona and i wouldn't mind growing weed legally for medical patients in one of those more conscious states but besides that it doesn't seem too wise at this time.

US also has the highest murder rates and shutdowns for natural/holistic health doctors, experts and consciousness raising awareness groups/systems. How many holistic health conscious doctors have been silenced or shutdown in the US in the last 10 years by your big drug companies and other toxic corporations that run your government for providing cures for cancers, aids, linking vaccines to autism, proving ADHD is not real but just can excuse to keep intelligent kids numbed down and obedient ect.. and all known modern diseases is unmatched to the rest of the world combined.

And many more consciousness/awareness raising groups and or systems have been shutdown and silenced is multiple times the amount than elsewhere. How many organic farming rules, regulations and farms that have been shutdown is also unreal. You cant collect rainwater in many states, drink raw milk, have lemonade stands, unlicensed fishing and most US fluridate water systems, allow GMO foods and pollute the air while most other countries especially almost all of Europe have banned these.

Also many insanely ignorant jail sentences for simple smoking of a joint or simple rule breaking is beyond me.. Only in the US, i guess this is where the term "MERICA" comes from outrages little things like these.

If nature is illegal than your freedom doesn't exist and in the US freedom most definitely does not exist.

What USA have banned, most of the rest of the world have free to the people and what most of the world banned US has in abundance from food to things we use on a day to day basis. Its ridiculous.

Its still very corrupt there in many other areas of life, sadly it used to be one of the most spiritual lands on earth. Maybe in another 25 - 50 years it might settle down and be a better idea to go live there but unless you live in some hell hole in an extremely poor country and have no other option, there are many better countries and options available.

No offense to those who live there and sorry for the rant but its ridiculous how people don't care. Then again all countries with English as their primary language seem to have the same corrupt agenda but US is definitely the worst.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

18 hours ago, Dinesh Karki said:

I want to move to America

:P

Thanks you guys. Wow Contemplation is really great tool. I did contemplation about ''why do i want to move America''.Now I realized I can build extraordinary life here. there are no need to move there to build great life. I always thought about I if moved there I can earn lots of money and many more fantasized. One week ago I practiced breathing technique(wim Hof method and Holotropic Breathwork) and also I joined gym. Now I am shifting  into pragmatic life. Breathing techniques are really  profound. I purchased 60+ physical book but never read any books seriously and applied these thing in life. And I also had life purpose course, leo books list, 1 tb hard disk full of courses. I conceptualized many theories but never did anything great. @Leo Gura We worship god.I don't know anything about god  But For me your are god. I want to hug you. This is turning point of my life How profound these tools are. Thank you Leo for everything.
I have really inspired story But I can't express in English so When I am good in English I will definitely share these story. When I thought about  childhood  memory. This memory always bring tears because Our father is alcoholic he always try to killed all of us. I was just  12 years old I tried suicide but I didn't die.............................  

On 8/7/2018 at 11:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Dinesh Karki Legally immigrating here will be very difficult these days. The number of permanent residencies given out each year is very tiny. You're about as likely to win the lottery.

The best way to move here is to start a successful business in your home country, then expand it into the US and hire 20 employees here. Then they will give you residency and citizenship.

As always, if you want something in life, rather than asking others to give you value, you become the provider of value. Don't ask the USA to provide you with free value. Provide the USA with value first, and then the doors will open to you.

This is a general strategy for anything you want it life. Provide massive value to others first without asking anything in return.

If you really want something, you gotta be willing to work for it and be super creative.

Leo I love you!

You are me living in another place! We think exactly the same

On 8/7/2018 at 11:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

How about Europe? I find that the door in most of our countries are more open than the tough immigration policies of US. Perhaps not UK with this Brexit madness anymore but Germany or Scandinavian countries are worth investigating. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The grass is always greener in the other side. How do you know It isnt just a whim triggered by mainstream media, TV, movies, the hoax of the american dream?

It seems that America is a very interesting place !