BobbyLowell

is a relationship worth all the struggles?

13 posts in this topic

^^^^is romantic love worth it?

Edited by BobbyLowell

Well, for me I know the love I want to create and how I want her to feel, and if I can achieve that then it's absolutely worth it.

Memento Mori

1 hour ago, BobbyLowell said:

^^^^is romantic love worth it?

CollageMaker_20180807_004554906.jpg

wtf is that question, no one can answer you, go find out for yourself

i think it is. 

healthy relationship > single > unhealthy relationship 

What struggles? I enjoy dating and romance, although this creates suffering so it’s kind of a problem ?

You bring a girl out in the wilderness with a tent, wine and dark chocolate. Then you enjoy the real night sky maybe enjoy a skinny dipp and have romantic evening together it’s great ?  throw in a bit of sex in the end if you like the girl.

Edited by Spiral

@Bane I like romance in general so I might do what I described with a female friend, if I’m interested in her sexually or seriously is something else. 

That’s why I said that’s it’s a problem as girls understandably can get the wrong idea.

Edited by Spiral

@BobbyLowell i've been in a relationship for 2+ years, married for 7 months. no struggles at all.

it's completely straightforward when both involved are serious Truth seekers, devoted to human virtues.

unborn Truth

Well a good healthy relationship doesn't involve a lot of struggle. 

Maybe if you have never experienced that then relationships seem difficult. 

But a good relationship is rather easy to maintain. 

romantic love doesnt exist, you put high expectations in it by social conditioning, disney and hollywood, but the truth is that love is just the idealization of  a person when you are drugged with powerful chemicals like oxytocin that alters your brain and how it works.

5 minutes ago, Moreira said:

romantic love doesnt exist, you put high expectations in it by social conditioning, disney and hollywood, but the truth is that love is just the idealization of  a person when you are drugged with powerful chemicals like oxytocin that alters your brain and how it works.

Well yeah that's the honeymoon phase of a sexual relationship.

But you can also love your dog, your cat, and your children. Likewise you can love any other person like that as well. 

I think it could be if you met the right person.  Will Durant was married to Ariel Durant and she even helped him write his 'Story of Civilization' books.  She was actually co-author of all but the earliest volumes.  Will Durant proves to me that you don't have to do an either/or false-choice regarding Life Purpose or Marriage -- because Durant did both -- he proved it -- who has written more than Will Durant! -- Few people.  But I also think he picked the right woman for him too.  Whether that was skill in the selection process or luck, who's to know.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Durant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Civilization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Philosophy

Edited by Joseph Maynor