Chriztian

Are you enlightened?

18 posts in this topic

If your answer is Yes - how do you know?

If your answer is No - how do you know?

You are enlightened when you ended suffering and in a constant state of peace and bliss.

Nothing more needs to be said.

PS: I am not because I still suffer.

Edited by Blissout

I had a taste of enlightenment, but my ego became satisfied the moment he realized that I was eternal and dead dont exist, so i stopped going further.

How do i know? Because you have a so BIG realization that you are living a delusion, all is a mental trick or effect of separation.

The only relevant question is are you Enlightened.  And if not, what do you need to do to solve that problem in your life?  See, we're so focused externally 'out there' -- when the only relevant issue is always internally 'in here'. 

Video on point to watch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooji

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, Chriztian said:

When you can watch your breath for 48 minutes as a continuum, you will become enlightened.:P You may think it’s not very difficult, just 48 minutes! It is, however, very difficult. In barely 48 seconds you will fall victim to the mind several times over. Try it, with a clock placed in front of you. In the beginning, you’ll not be watchful for more than 60 seconds. In just 60 seconds, you will fall asleep many times; you will also forget about watching your breath and the clock. Sundry thoughts will take you far away and suddenly you will realize that 10 seconds have passed. For 10 seconds, you weren’t watching.

9 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

When you can watch your breath for 48 minutes as a continuum, you will become enlightened

watching the breath means what exactly?
being aware/consciousness of it? counting the breath (1 on the intake, 2 on the outblow, 3 on the intake... so on)

thank you

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

21 hours ago, Chriztian said:

If your answer is No - how do you know?

When you wake up from a dream, how do you know if you are still not dreaming?

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

I’m well on my way.  Enlightenment is about BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  It’s letting the Universe drive the car instead of thinking that you’re driving the car.  All the attaching, doing, controlling, and conceptual knowing that you think the Self is doing will fall away.  The ‘Paradigm of Self’ will fall away.  The 'Paradigm of No Self' will fall away.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

That's what insight I gained from my one enlightenment experience so far

@Feel Good i know the experiences are ineffable... but do attempt to describe yours and how it came about. thanks :)

how you felt after - was it scary? the integration process after etc...

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Anyone read this book? Very helpful and sensible:

Enlightenment Ain't What it's Cracked Up to be: A Journey of Discovery, Snow and Jazz in the Soul

Here's the writer talking  about what it means to be enlightened:

it's some strange paradox that exists that doesn't exist but at the same times does.... and it can't be expressed through language... and you already are it but at the same time you aren't.... I don't understand any of this shit and I've had one or two brief experiences that got me out of my ego I think

9 hours ago, astrokeen said:

Anyone read this book? Very helpful and sensible:

Enlightenment Ain't What it's Cracked Up to be: A Journey of Discovery, Snow and Jazz in the Soul

Here's the writer talking  about what it means to be enlightened:

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

It depends, if you surround yourself around fish, of course you are enlightened, to them :D

B R E A T H E

I think that Enlightenment is not a one bang, its more like a degree of wakefulness. After practicing most Actualized.org Enlightenment exercise, I think Im not even 1% Enlightened. :D