Wes Thoughts

Chakras: Real or not? Testimonials please

53 posts in this topic

I have not been able to find any real testimonials of skeptical people like me discovering the benefits of Chakra healing through meditation, yoga, reiki healing or however.

If you have had any experience with Chakra healing, opening or anything of the sorts please share your experience here.

Thank you!

There are like 1000+ books on Amazon filled with testimonials.

I also have books on my book list.

But does a skeptic like you care about that?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Happened to me today.

A few days ago I went to a healer. it was some sort of energetic massage, it was extremely weird, she made me visualize certain things, touched me with a lot of force in certain points in my body, and some more stuff i wont get into now.

Usually I feel pressures in my body, aka chakras, or call them emotions if you want. after the massage I felt the pressure in my chest much stronger.

Anyway, today I sat before my kriya routine and felt that strong pressure in my chest again. I felt like I wanted to cry, but I usually cant. I didnt have any sad thoughts, any logical realizations or anything, I just sensed my body. I started to sort of cry but not really, just vocalizing crying sound and getting air out of my lungs in a crying manner. as I did that more and more (without thoughts) i started to feel that feeling getting stronger and stronger and eventually it developed into a very real crying. I didnt cry like that in years (except during my LSD trip) there were so much tears and I felt very refreshed after.

Crying like that without going into my past and thinking or anything like that after going to a "chakra healer" may support the chakra system. At least it makes it valid to say theres stuff we dont know about the human physiology, and maybe the chakra system is the way people long ago described it.

@Outer if the entire scientific community says "with our science we've factually concluded its impossible for blue tigers to exist"

and then you and your friends see some blue tigers in the jungle

does that mean the science is right and you and your friend's anecdote is wrong?

in this specific case, answee, yes or no? 

@Outer im not talking about being able to convince them. of course you wont. 

im saying, does your anecdotal evidence count because you literally saw them with your own eyes?

@Outer so does the anecdotal evidence count? 

because according to you - anecdotes dont count as data (vsauce)

Edited by thehero

@Outer You are in a forum about spirituality and enlightenment, science isn't going to be much helpful.  Experience is king. 

4 hours ago, Outer said:

Yes, anecdote is not enough to prove something to someone else.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

But you can't discount an anecdote just because the consensus syas sth different.

You might not be able to prove it but to say it's wrong or doesn't exist doesn't make sense either.

For example hundred years ago they thought the earth was flat and that was the consensus and if someone could realize otherwise and come back and talk about his realization, people like you would discount him for just being anecdotal evidence which would not be in agreement with that time's scientific evidence and consensus.

But who would actually be the one right? 

@Outer Actually I didn't use the word magic. But you believe in the electrical signals that course through our bodies, that's been proven. Along with the Nerve plexuses?

7 minutes ago, Outer said:

No, I don't think there's any magic, everything is physical except consciousness, which can't be explained with physical processes.

"Physical" - what does that mean? That its made of matter and exists outside consciousness? :P I don't like religious men like you! :D 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Outer Well they link the nerve plexuses with chakras. Attached the image.

I'm just suggesting what if the sensations people feel with chakras, these descriptions, are some way of explaining actual things in the body?

You don't have any proof it isn't either. Why be so closeminded about it. I'm not saying it's entirely correct, but that there is some connection to actual activity.

6a5ead0694e16e8edd28d82cdcbe24b7.jpg

8 minutes ago, Outer said:

No, physical is a behavior of consciousness, with lack of a better term, much like ripples are a behavior of water. It so happens that physical is the ripple that is true in the pragmatic sense of the word, we want X to happen and with by paying attention to physical it happens more often than when focusing on other ripples, like Woo Woo new age nonsense.

Interesting that you see it as physical. For me it is closer to dream aka mental. \o/ The word physical, as it is originally used, is the belief that there is a fundamental physical particle which exists independent of consciousness and that consciousness is the result of processes and not the origin. That's the common physical paradigm. 

Spoiler alert: It's a belief system :D 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Outer so everything I've experienced so far, sensations - whether they be 'energy' or anything that does not fall under the normal sense is all something fantasized by my brain?

This concept might be of interest to you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprioception 

I don't deny I'm still every skeptical of Chakras, but I cannot deny the feeling - nor can I explain or prove them. But to explore them I must first consider they might be real. Ignoring them does not make them go away. Tests have revealed no issues that might be causing them - so far.

7 hours ago, Outer said:

If I saw a blue tiger while others think otherwise,  but I have no evidence other than my anecdote, then I cannot convince them otherwise. Which is how it should be.

So Truth isn't Truth if the majority don't think it. This is so dumb, it hurts. 

Chakra's are simply ways to describe certain systems of energy patterns either internally or externally. Its not that hard to find out for yourself. Don't look for chakra's like actual physical objects. Or even as energy fields. Look for them by investigating their patterns and outcomes. Their like the current in a stream of water. There's no actual thing called a "current," yet you can locate it by looking at the way the water flows. 

So the only way to be able to "see" chakra energy in action is by looking at their particular patterns and outcomes. Just like a system, there's many, many elements which all influence eachother. But to be able to locate the system itself, you first have to connect the dots for the framework to become visible. Before that there are no chakra's. 

Like Spiral Dynamics, you need to develop a certain taste to be able to recognise them. Closed mindedness is not that. Read a lot of books about them, meditate on their specific properties and at some point they will become very noticable in every facet of your life. And most importantly, you'll easily be able to pinpoint where there is resistance and why some of those resisting patterns keep returning. It's quite empowering.