Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,483 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, EddieEddie1995 said:

Did you ever went from no bread,pasta and all the shit, and then eatimg it again?  

No cause I've always been eating bread/pasta or 'junk' in moderation 

Diet without foods I crave is not sustainable for me long-term

Everything in moderation, even moderation

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

B|

-- Kenneth Folk

Whatever it takes! Are you meditating 12 hours a day? No? So you're not doing whatever it takes

-- Kenneth Folk

9 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Whatever it takes! Are you meditating 12 hours a day? No? So you're not doing whatever it takes

What do you find wrong in his mindset?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Just now, Rasheed said:

What do you find wrong in his mindset?

I do like his mindset a lot, in fact, I used to motivate myself by this kind of whatever it takes mentality (even to meditate). However, it's not for everyone, it can lead to burnout and injures to the body. This is to the contrary of what Leo said in today's video, don't overtrain yourself, feel if your body giving you signals to stop training etc. 

Both are valid different approaches

-- Kenneth Folk

7 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

I do like his mindset a lot, in fact, I used to motivate myself by this kind of whatever it takes mentality (even to meditate). However, it's not for everyone, it can lead to burnout and injures to the body. This is to the contrary of what Leo said in today's video, don't overtrain yourself, feel if your body giving you signals to stop training etc. 

Both are valid different approaches

I Agree. You have great mindset. Well done. But I don’t think they are contrary, Leo said do not over train, this guy said, do whatever it takes. Not overtraining, is included in whatever it takes.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

The film There Will Be Blood is a great example of orange excess. The main character, Daniel Plainview, takes the son of a fellow oil worker (who dies from an accident at the beginning of the film) and carelessly raises him just so he can tell people he’s a “family man” and dupe them into his oil deals more effectively.

Towards the end (in the second clip) his grown-up, now-deaf son wants to start his own oil company, which to Daniel just means more competition, so he basically disowns his son while tauntingly revealing the truth that he’s adopted.

Daniel might have some stage red in him as well, but overall the film is a great depiction of toxic industrialist ambition.

Also, if someone already shared this film, sorry for repeat. Relatively new to the forum and didn’t feel like going through the whole rest of this thread.

Edited by Matt Skinner

19 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

1601390861063.jpg

Stripping is cleaner. She's moving up in the world ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, John Doe said:

The trap of Maya is strong indeed.

Is it a coincidence that Maya is a feminine name? I think not :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is it a coincidence that Maya is a feminine name? I think not :P

Oh no, not at all. No coincidences, it's all God's work. That sneaky mother fucker.

Release me.

a stage orange critique of a stage green politician

Fascinating documentary about an "Amish Atheist" who leaves his Amish community after his rational mind could no longer overlook the contradictions in the Bible. He mostly maintains his lifestyle but now has an electric car and iPhone. Amazing example of Blue moving into Orange.