lmfao

Why do people believe in Chakras?

46 posts in this topic

I've often heard people talking about Chakras on this forum here and there. My question is, why do people believe in such a thing? Do you believe in them metaphorically? Is there any sort of utility in believing in Chakras which allows you to accelerate self development? Do you believe in Chakras because of an experience you've had?

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

What is the root of belief? 

Could it be an escape from uncertainty (fear) of WHAT IS ?? 

For some its a belief, for others its a knowing.

They are energy centers which have been passed down for thousands of years by the wisest and most intelligent of beings, they didn't come out of thin air and remain this long in our history for no reason. They all have a purpose or they would of been discarded and forgotten long ago.

We are at an age where ancient teachings are coming to fruition as the collective consciousness is evolving to a higher degree, these fruits arise for a purpose, to help and assist those who can work with them.

B R E A T H E

27 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

How can someone know?

Blind belief in what some guys long time ago said?

Meditate and tap into the greater intelligence to understand. All true knowledge ultimately comes from within.

B R E A T H E

The kundalini experience or “illumination”....

Many assume that illumination can be cultivated. But this implies dualistic movement as the i. Illumination is suppose to be a cessation of all misused energy.

All dualistic/divisive movement of the self must end as that is a misuse of energy. 

That being said, assuming one knows what are the implications in that fact, Can one prepare for illumination? 

Or isn’t the very preparation still qualify as misuse of energy? 

Perhaps once one digs deep enough the contradiction will reveal itself. 

Read this very carefully and investigate for oneself. I am not looking for a response.

Edited by Faceless

i guess what is meant by chakras is emotions and feelings in the body.

for example i laugh and i feel a pleasant sensation in the throat, or im horny and i feel a sensation at the location of the root chakra, i feel love i feel it in the heart.

i just experience certain sensations in the body and i guess that this is what people call "chakras"

what is done with yoga, kriya yoga especially, is controlling those feelings intentionally. by visualizing i can actually feel certain sensations in the body.

what people would call a "blocked heart chakra" for example, is when people barely feel or not at all love and the other stuff associated with it. (that is at least my interpretations) that inability to feel may be caused by past trauma or resistance to the feeling, shyness, etc. when that trauma is unraveled and surrendered to, the person starts to feel that "chakra" more.

there is stuff i dont understand however when it comes to chakras. for example when people say that i should use some stones to heal the chakra, or that the blocked chakra causes some physiological issues. i didnt experience that stuff so i dont know if its valid.

i also dont understand how the crown chakra is supposed to be connected to enlightenment, though i do understand that the more chakras you "open" the more balanced you are, the better the chances for enlightenment.

I see them as metaphors for the most important parts of the body, the most nether region, the groin, the gut, the chest/heart, the throat, the minds eye, all these are important centers for emotion, its just a model, are there actually energies swirling around there? dont know, maybe, maybe not

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I believe in them because I feel them for example when doing chakra meditations or yin yoga.

Everything connects

d13f0a4995f57ae3e269d508431ee01d.jpg

37e5c9f51647dafbed2412046fa7f0df.jpg

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Is not something you believe in. It is something you experience. If one has not experienced an awakening, then is quite impossible to talk about chakras to that person. Your internal organs and mainly the glands of the body are the rulers of your reality. Ignore them and they will become dormant (what we call the unconscious mind). When you get in touch with reality and sync your own glands with all the body/mind, that electromagnetic field of the internal organs takes a shape/feeling. Awakening is literally feeling all your body parts. I can say by experience that I can use my pancreas to influence myself and others per example. Using the digestive system/adrenals and legs with the base of the spine you open up the stability in you or you can help others in crisis, etc. 

Experience for yourself first before talking about beliefs. There are no beliefs. Your organs and body parts if one knows how to use them, they can shatter reality or rebuild it.  

Edited by Quanty

I believe in it not based on some blind belief, but because of it is experience. Over time, I’ve learned to be sensitve in physically feeling the air around certain parts of my bodies to be more or less “energized” in some way. And what my strengths and weaknesses are are consistent around this system.

Even before this experience, I found that chakras started explaining some feelings I kept having. Notice how your body aches in very specific places each time when you’re stressed? Well, I noticed my feelings of aching was around my chest and my solar plexus the most. And the chakras here managed to name the most troublesome and least developed parts of my life the most.

Weird how that happens.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

2 hours ago, Viking said:

there is stuff i dont understand however when it comes to chakras. for example when people say that i should use some stones to heal the chakra, or that the blocked chakra causes some physiological issues. i didnt experience that stuff so i dont know if its valid.

i also dont understand how the crown chakra is supposed to be connected to enlightenment, though i do understand that the more chakras you "open" the more balanced you are, the better the chances for enlightenment.

I don’t know much about crystals either, so I can’t answer that.

But I can talk about how the crown chakra affects the path to enlightenment. In your descriptions, you’ve only focused on the physical aspects of the experience, but the crown chakra is more focused on the mental aspects of yourself. In my experience, balancing it tends to somehow lead to more insights in self inquiry and in life — I’m not sure exactly how. Maybe it has a certain ability to encourage the ability to relax or be open to new ideas, or be skeptical of old ones.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

34 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of utility.

That's on point. Chakras are a system to think in. Very much like Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Does it have a reality to it? Not really, it's a thought. Is it useful? Could be.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

8 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

But your experience is also part of your dream - which is a belief caused by not understanding 

You sound like a Jed McKenna guy. Something about young critical intelligent males that so UNcritical swallow everything that Jed says. Rather cute I must say. If I was cynical I would have viewed it as pathetic, but that's not how I see it.

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Joseph Maynor @Joseph Maynorso what utility is there? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@pluto @Joseph MaynorMaynorMaynor Maynor (I'm on mobile and it won't let me delete the words "Joseph" or "Maynor) 

@pluto you say that knowledge of chakras is something that you can find out from"within". But what would an experience which points towards the existence of chakras look like? 

8 hours ago, pluto said:

They are energy centers which have been passed down for thousands of years by the wisest and most intelligent of beings, they didn't come out of thin air and remain this long in our history for no reason. They all have a purpose or they would of been discarded and forgotten long ago.

The fact that a belief hasn't been discarded isn't an indicator of the accuracy of a belief. 

Edited by lmfao

17 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@Outer I think he's McKenna got his teaching from vedanta and Ramana.  Which are the two sources I read from. So that is probably why we sound the same

Mckenna actually recommends people to read Ramana and Maharaj on his forum so yh...

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@WaterfallMachine @Viking I know what you mean by emotions and feelings having physical locations. I've had these experiences, but I don't see them as indicators towards utility of a chakra model of humans. In a chakra model, the places that they choose for centres just seems completely arbitrary and made up to me. 

@lmfao Its more a knowing or an inner-standing(if you will) more than it is a sight or something that can be seen/described. Like @Quanty says when one truly awakens you will just know from within and simply cannot comprehend how it is known if you are not awake to the level of consciousness required to know it.

I usually refrain from saying these things because of the commotion it tends to create but when you awaken to who you truly are you just "know" what is absolute/truth and how things work. Think Infinite Intelligence manifest.

Even a glimpse is permanent.

Most of the things i know now i never learned how most would learn, 99% of my knowingness arises from within. I cannot really explain how but after Enlightenment(so to speak) you simply just KNOW with whatever arises, its so clear to you, yet impossible to the previous self or others yet to evolve to this level to comprehend or to know.

B R E A T H E