Light Lover

What are women attracted to?

65 posts in this topic

Just a simple question, the more time I have been spending with women, I am thinking that it is a sub-concious attraction in her brain, and that to trigger it you have to show that you are manly, unaffected by most things, and able to protect her, that is what a woman finds attractive, it seems. Or that you just have to be yourself, uncaring and relaxed around the girl, which she will also find attractive? I am sure you all have opinions on this, especially those who have years experience with women either through just associating with them or sexual relationships. So, what would you all say a woman actually wants in a man, put as simply as you can, from your personal experiences with them?

Different women will like different men\things. Just make sure you work on yourself, be your authentic self and just relax.

Most girls like confident men and I guess a relaxed man is similiar to that.

This video is the best concise sum up of what women want on the internet in my opinion. Leo really nailed it on this one. 

Edited by SFRL

Here are 4 things in no particular order, there are more. 

• Confidence/Emotional resilience.
  • Purpose.
  • Looks.
  • Abundance. (This is one tricky because girls/women can dislike it rationally) 

It's not that you shouldn't care, it that it shouldn't slow you down or alter your confidence.

I want to begin by echoing some of the above comments, Leo's video is a great start to a discussion on this topic and Ether hit the nail on the head when they said women will want different things. 

I am proud to say that I used to be incredibly inexperienced and very frustrated in this area but have grown a lot and reached a point where I'm very comfortable and confident that I can attract the majority of women I meet/find attractive. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but rather prove that like anything in life, if you're willing to spend time and energy into learning and developing you CAN improve.

To answer the original question- I think women are going to be attracted to different things, but if I (in my own experience) can highlight the ONE consistent variable- it would be social acuity. What do I mean by that?

You'll often here people with social acuity described as "they just get it."  People with social acuity have a high emotional intelligence. They are able to read people's body language and energy, know what to do in a situation, and overall RAISE the vibration in every circumstance. They bring a fun and energetic vibe to every social interaction.

OK- so how do you get there? Well it's not exactly easy. At least not as easy as reading this post or watching a video and having the "magic insight to change your dating and sex life" Newsflash- that doesn't exist.

The top way to increase your social acuity is to build references- go out, talk to friends, experiment. Get scientific. Write down what went well and what didn't. Research ways to bring value to social interactions. Research how to flirt. Research how to be confident. With time, you'll be attracting women you never thought you could.

Hope this helped.

3 hours ago, Spiral said:

Here are 4 things in no particular order, there are more. 

• Confidence/Emotional resilience.
  • Purpose.
  • Looks.
  • Abundance. (This is one tricky because girls/women can dislike it rationally) 

It's not that you shouldn't care, it that it shouldn't slow you down or alter your confidence.

Yup

They are attracted to humor first and foremost. 

Unfortunately I've no humor myself, and that explains why I'm a virgin. 

I have tried to compensate with money, since they are attracted to that as well. 

But if you don't have any sense of humor you will not get laid even if you have tons of money. 

Believe me, I've examined this to find it's a dead end. 

i'm studying a book atm, called "The 1000 most funny jokes through human history" 

I'll try to memorise all of them and hopefully I will get laid afterwards. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

i'm studying a book atm, called "The 1000 most funny jokes through human history" 

I'll try to memorise all of them and hopefully I will get laid afterwards. 

And you say you're not funny...lol

The question on the OP seems to be asking other men what they think women want, which amuses me a great deal. 

I'm a woman. What do I want in a man? Oh...nothing much...just...

Great sense of humour (preferably dark and/or inappropriate and/or ridiculously random humour), intelligence, a range of interests, talents and passions, very good personal hygiene (even better if cologne is involved...not enough men wear it nowadays), someone who has good social skills and has a respectable friend network (not hanging around with dodgy sorts), someone who has empathy, someone who is fully self sufficient, as I am.

Money doesn't come into it for me. Physical attraction deepens when other great things are present, so looks don't have a huge bearing. 

I do NOT like violence or aggression, for the record. However I heard a term once called 'sexual threat' which I found I really related to. A man who is a sexual threat is someone who you wouldn't trust yourself being alone in a room with (as a woman)...because you'd be worried you couldn't help yourself. THAT, is a huge selling point. But that's obviously pointing more to sexual attraction specifically.

Anyway, that's just my own opinion. I'm only one person, but I do have a vagina, so maybe I'm a little bit qualified to answer this question :D

14 minutes ago, Sparkist said:

And you say you're not funny...lol

I'm glad to hear that! 

Not every women love/understand sarcasm! ;) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Sparkist so you are saying a guy who is a potential rapist turns you on? Thats exactly what I'm saying and what studies confirm. How would feel about a man who physically dominates other men?

@MM1988I would describe it as being authentic and possibly dominant. 

Edited by Spiral

3 hours ago, Sparkist said:

@MarkusSweden Sarcasm is my second language! :D

I thought he was serious, to be honest :D 

4 hours ago, MM1988 said:

@Sparkist so you are saying a guy who is a potential rapist turns you on? Thats exactly what I'm saying and what studies confirm. How would feel about a man who physically dominates other men?

I am not saying that at all. Studies confirm women get turned on by potential rapists? What studies are these, pray tell? 

My comment described a sexual threat as someone a woman would not trust HERSELF to be around. Not a man she wouldn't trust. You may have taken the term 'threat' somewhat literally and in the process completely missed my point. 

Some women like an 'Alpha' male, yes. Not all of them, though. And Alpha's don't = aggressive, narcissistic, abusive, violent etc etc. Real Alpha's don't need to call upon those traits to hold their status. They earn respect, they don't demand it. 

16 hours ago, Light Lover said:

what would you all say a woman actually wants in a man

The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is 'What does a woman want?'

~ Sigmund Freud