MM1988

Conscious AI - Questions

17 posts in this topic

What if a computer became conscious.

As I understood Leo he would think that a conscious computer has a qualia. I think this is wrong. I think a computer can get at human levels of interaction but wouldnt it be more simmilar a philosophical zombie, where nobody is there inside to experience it? Otherwise you are in a way back at materialism where consciousness arises from sufficiently complex building blocks.

@Leo Gura By the way, can we have a closed forum section where nobody can create topics and you create one for every video? So that the various discussions about each video arent scattered around the other forums the days after. It would also help people who discover the videos later to find the further discussions it sparked conveniently.

Edited by MM1988

Good timing. Leo's latest video covers this very topic very well. 

Jump to 58:00.

8 hours ago, MM1988 said:

a philosophical zombie, where nobody is there inside to experience it?

You are a philosophical zombie right now. You just think you're not. There is no one inside you "experiencing" anything. Ego has misappropriated Absolute Being, claiming Being for its personal experience.

Qualia is actually Absolute Being. There is no one who experiences qualia. There never was. That's a trick the ego is playing on you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Not possible. Only limited, memory based. 

Sadhguru says not possible also

In this video

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@MM1988 Are you familiar with Quantum Computing? This is going to change everything in a big way! Even the way we think about reality.

*You can skip over the introduction and get to the actual lecture if you'd like.

The only way a robot or AI intelligence won't gain consciousness is humans are unable to build such a complex mind, but seeing as reality is infinite it is possible at least for reality itself.

How can you say its NOT possible?

Big bang > Sun > earth.

Earth was a big giant lifeless rock.

Lifeless, no different than a stone you pick up and look at today.

Then water came, then cells formed and merged together and multiplied.

Then this started bacteria, nature, and evolution, fish creatures > land creature, etc.

Humans came out of this. The Inca's called human's "animated earth".

So big bang, sun, earth, nature, animals, humans.

Basically humans formed out of a giant rock, spinning in empty space.

So whats the difference between a rock and all the materials that the robot is made out of?

Leo is totally correct in his video, it is definately possible as far as reality is concerned, but we humans may never see it.

“Where there are rocks, watch out! Watch out, because the rocks are going to eventually come alive and they are going to have people crawling over them. It is only matter of time, just in the same way the acorn is eventually going to turn into the oak because it has the potentiality of that within it. Rocks are not dead. You see, it depends on what kind of attitude you want to take to the world…
You cannot get an intelligent organism such as a human being out of an unintelligent universe. So in any lump of rock floating about in space, there is implicit human intelligence. Don’t differentiate yourself and standoff against this and say ‘I am a living organism in a world made of a lot of dead junk, rocks and stuff.’ It all goes together, those rocks are just as much you as your finger nails.”

~ Alan Watts

Robots will be the next evolutionary step if possible, this video game has already done a very good job in telling this story (watch it from where I linked it: minute 32:00 and onwards), It's awesome btw, you can get different endings like taking the ego (devil) with you downloaded or not, depending on the choices you make.

Last of all guys you cannot believe in INFINITY if you believe in "not possible", because at that point, it's not infinite anymore. It just might not be possible in your direct experience, in the here and now.

Edited by blazed

Existential Truth is pre-conceptual.  BE-ing is only one thing — or more accurately, what this language points to or refers to, right.  BE-ing being Perspectival is already a though-story within BE-ing.

11 minutes ago, blazed said:

then cells formed

How first living cell was formed ? In which theory do you believe?

@Prabhaker

If you don't believe in big bang, evolution and cells forming than that's fine by me. Not interested in arguing with you, seeing as I usually disagree with everything you have to say on the forums.

Science does a good job tracking the physical evidences, most of that stuff is in the museums. The only way to solve a crime scene is through evidence, not using "spiritual beliefs", And if you don't believe in the power of science then get off the computer and don't use science or technology.

Edit: ops that came out harsher than I expected, sorry about that, wrote too passionately.

Edited by blazed

1 minute ago, blazed said:

If you don't believe in big bang, evolution and cells forming than that's fine by me.

I can believe in big bang and evolution but not in Abiogenesis, how you could get together in one tiny, sub-microscopic volume of the primitive ocean all of the hundreds of different molecular components you would need in order for a self-replicating cycle to be established. It is an enormous problem.

11 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

I can believe in big bang and evolution but not in Abiogenesis, how you could get together in one tiny, sub-microscopic volume of the primitive ocean all of the hundreds of different molecular components you would need in order for a self-replicating cycle to be established. It is an enormous problem.

2 cells out of the blue got bored in infinite time and decided to merge together, creating complicated cells and bacteria which created evolution, this all came from a giant rock (earth) which came form the big bang which came from nothingness/consciousness, existence itself, everything is one thing.

Thats why they say "given enough time anything is possible".

Edited by blazed

Ramana Maharshi said the following; " It is like a cinema. The screen is alway there but several types of pictures appear on the screen and they disappear, nothing stickes to the screen, it remains a screen. Similarly, you remain your own Self in all the three states. If you know that, the three states will not trouble you, just as the pictures which appear on the screen do not stick to it. On the screen , you sometimes see a huge ocean with endless waves; that disappears. Another time, you see fire spreading all around; that too disappears. The screen is there on both occasions. Did the screen get wet with the water or did it get burned by the fire? nothing affected the screen? In the same way, the things that happend during the wakeful, and dream and sleep states do not affect you at all; you remain your own Self"