okulele

How often do you eat?

35 posts in this topic

Hunger is a mystery for me. I don't really get hungry. I mostly eat 3 times a day, but that is all habit. I sometimes snack when emotions drive me and I don't catch myself. 

I think I could eat much less and intermittent fasting sounds good. However I am quite skinny as it is. Can I fast with almost no body fat?

How often do you REALLY get hungry? What's up with hunger anyway? Is it even a real thing, or is it just emotional stuff?

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Even relatively thin people have orders of magnitude more body fat than they do glycogen in their body. It's perfectly safe for a reasonably thin person to engage in fasting. (Fasting does not equal starvation). 

In fact, if you feel like you're too thin and want to gain some weight, I've heard a long fast can help you better digest your food and assimilate nutrients, so that afterwards you can be at a healthier weight over time. (One way it does this is by killing off parasites in your body that steal your food O.o)

I personally eat 1 or 2 meals, and 0 or 1 snacks most days, usually within an 8 hour window, often a much smaller window. 

Hunger comes in waves, and is largely driven by metabolism type. By metabolism type (not sure if that's a legitimate term), I mean are you a "sugar burner" or "fat burner". If sugar, once you run out of the 1,000-2,000 calories of glycogen stored within your body, you get hungry. Your body is not good at dipping into your fat stores for energy (this can even be the case for skinny people). If you still dont eat, your body will adapt and start burning fat for energy, of which it has plenty. This is why people who fast experience the most hunger in the first 1-3 days, then experience little hunger until "true hunger" returns and their body legitimately needs nutritients to perform its functions.

Bottom line, fasting is extraordinarily healthy for you. We all do it every night when we sleep (besides meatheads who wake up to take a protein shake SMH!!!). I wouldn't say everyone should do it, but for your case... If you're not hungry I wouldn't eat.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

15 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

RN I ate so much ,I cant lay in bed face down.

That's a valid approach as well.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

At one point i was eating one apple a day as an experiment when i was looking into breatharianism and my body got used to that same apple at that same time every day. I only felt hunger when it was that same time of day to eat the apple again and satiated after the apple was eaten. I can bet if you do the apple on the weekly basis, same thing will happen.

After that i gave up on anything i was ever taught, i only trust the energy that comes from within nowadays.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@InfinitePotential That's some very helpful information. I think I will sloely transision to less frequent meals.

@pluto That is exactly what I mean! It seems like hunger is more a habit thing than an actual physical sensation!

19 hours ago, egoeimai said:

RN I ate so much ,I cant lay in bed face down.

Girls eat? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Ether said:

Girls eat? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

LMAO xD xD xD 

I've been eating 4 times a day in the past months, but have failed to do so in the last two weeks.
Eating for me is also a struggle, mainly because it's so hard to find healthy foods when out and I too don't feel hunger as intensely as most people seem to do. 

@okulele  4 times a day. One big meal, 2 medium and one snack.

Hunger is a signal. First a descreet one then a painful one.

It usually goes away after 2-3 days without food.

But then one have to deal with the effects of no food...

Man... I usually eat 2-3 times a day depending on if I remember to bring a snack with me to work lol

I usually skip breakfast, have lunch at work, and then come home for dinner :) 

but then again, my family is always picking on me for not being thick anywhere. So maybe I should acknowledge that and try to eat more lol

10 hours ago, zoey101 said:

Man... I usually eat 2-3 times a day depending on if I remember to bring a snack with me to work lol

I usually skip breakfast, have lunch at work, and then come home for dinner :) 

but then again, my family is always picking on me for not being thick anywhere. So maybe I should acknowledge that and try to eat more lol

I really feel with you. My family also pushes me to eat more telling me I am too skinny. Some rather unhealthy habits can come from a pressure like that I think.

Once a day. 6 pieces of fruit, dash of leafy greens, powdered superfood. So about 800 calories now. I just keep eating less and less these days :) 

To do this, I cleaned out my intestines with urine for better nutrient absorption. I still drink it today, although not that much as my body produces hardly anything, cause most of the water is used to digest food.

When I eat I also bless my food and really over chew it to get more prana from it.

And finally when you love your heart relentlessly until you’re going crazy, your body feeds on that love instead of food literally :) ❤️

Makes a big difference conscious wise. Although the shift from unhealthy to super healthy foods was more noticeable for those wondering over less calories.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

Its the same pattern,judgment,no matter how u look there will always be somebody who doesnt like it 

It's all jealousy ;) they can't stand that we are okay and love ourselves so they have to try and throw a rock in our peaceful pond lol