okulele

How often do you eat?

35 posts in this topic

Thank you for all your answers. I basically wish to make my body work as efficiently as possible, so that consciousness work can continue with no hindrances. I wish that for all of you also! :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Between 12-18, except for a special occasion here and there.

I've just been reading inner engineering by Sadhguru. he also writes a lot about eating and food. he recommends eating 3 times a day and 2 times once you're over 30 years old. he also recommends lots of raw fruit and veggies. the more, the better. and nuts and seeds <3

I'm moving towards that lately --> integrating more and more raw fruits and veggies, slowly replacing grains with them. I also feel pretty good with nuts and seeds. and avoiding snacks has also been quite natural lately. saves time and energy to stay without food in between. funny thing is, I've been moving towards this in the past weeks/months lately. I've read it in his book only last week xD 

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666 I read that too, but don't let that stop you from eating when your body wants to eat. For me that is close to once daily. I used to eat vegetarian meals by this same advice, but never felt better when I switched to eating just fruit with super foods, now down to 600 calories daily if you want to count :)

Try eating a meal of only fruit and see how you feel afterwards. Do some food experiments to see what your body enjoys. I believe everyone could benefit from eating an over 50% raw diet of fruit and/or soft vegetables with no meat or dairy or wheat.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace when you say 50% raw diet, do you mean 50% of food's mass or calorie intake?

How long are you on such an extreme diet? 600 calories sounds wild, but believable.

Personally, I don't trust in eating only fruit. After all they are a human invention, with high ratio of sugar to other nutrients. And are pricy.

For over half of what you eat to be raw fruits and vegetables; the rest can be nuts, seeds, cooked fruit and veges, and grains is what I'd suggest for a person inclined to spirituality :) The superfoods such as spirulina, hemp seeds, and cocao act as supplements for the missing minerals, vitamins, protein and healthy polyunsaturated fats in the fruit.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace my life improved so much as I turned vegan two and a half years ago, so I know how life changing food can be :x

wow, how can you live on 600 calories a day? o.O I don't count my intake but I assume mine to be approximately around 2000. I'll just try to increase the overall amount of raw fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds (I guess my 'need' for grains and cooked stuff will naturally decrease as I do so) I've also started supplementing with chlorella and spirulina. I really enjoy summer right now, the perfect time to increase fresh fruits :x

aren't you worried about missing nutrients? I feel great eating this way for now, but lots of people spread panic about Vit B12 (that I supplement sublingually as well), iron (done a test after one year of being vegan --> first time in my life I actually wasn't iron deficient/anemic xD), zinc, iodine, calcium, vit D...

I recently did a blood test, and everything was in balance. I'm not deficient in anything :) I love how you don't count your calories as that sets you up for the most natural transition in your diet. I didn't either until about 3 weeks ago out of curiosity. Defiantly slowly adding more raw fruits, and vegetables and nuts and seeds will benefit you in more ways than one, including stable energy levels, and a clearer mind. The alkalinity will prevent unnecessary strong emotions from arising too.

The super foods really make a big difference so include them, especially Spirulina you must try. Thank you for the reply.

As a side note, living on this "low" amount of food that I do really makes me conscious of the emotions in my body. This is because not only does food feed the physical body, but also the emotional and mental body when we don't provide those bodies with love. It's a little uncomfortable, but with love as my response to any emotion I feel, I'm sure this will help heal the emotions there, leading to bliss in that area. I'll be sure to update!

Edited by Solace

happy to hear about your bloodwork,@Solace great! yeah, counting calories seems so artificial/forced to me. I did it the first month I transitioned to a plant based diet to make sure that I get enough calories until my body adapted itself to less calorie-dense food.

sounds really interesting. it is true that I feel much more aware after a meal packed with fruits and veggies. and sloppy and dazed after a high fat/grain based one (which still happens when I eat out) 

I'd like to increase that sensibility some more. also working on that 'loving what arises'... sometimes I can clearly feel that love, sometimes I get confused9_9

yeah, make sure to update. I love reading about your journey :x

I feel you @phoenix666. Trust that the feeling of love in your heart will become stronger over time. That trust, as well as practicing loving whatever arises can only lead you more into a more evolved, integrated and masterful human being that you were meant to be :) Any path that is rooted in love will lead you to true enlightenment <3

@okulele usually 3 times a day, in morn (10-12am), around middle of day (2-4pm) and then in late afternoon (7-8pm) that usually is enough to fill my fat ass :D morn is just 2 slices toast, middle of day maybe a sandwitch or something like that with some crisps, and then late afternoon dinner, vegetables, fruit, rice, veggie burger or jacket potato etc...I would get very hungry if I didn't have at least one of these meals I feel, and I don't have any snacks in between any of these no, the meals themselves seem to be enough to sustain me throughout the day :) Good question though!! I am interested as well to see how often people eat and how long they can go without getting hungry....

Patrick.jpg

Edited by Light Lover

Very Gradually. I spent a lot of time adapting to feeling a wider range of emotions. But it's not a rule. Sometimes I eat twice daily, sometimes once, sometimes 400 calories sometimes 900 calories; and I also enjoy trying new food too, so my diet although mostly seasonal based is very fluid, dynamic and fun!

Aim for under 1500 calories (2 medium meals), aim for high energy food; even experiment and find your favorite fruit, find your favorite vegetable and nut and seed and whatever else tickles your fancy; it's all about exploring food and observing how it interacts with our body/mind/soul to find what you truly prefer :)