Spinoza

Does spirituality make you lose motivation ?

38 posts in this topic

The more i read about spirituality, consciousness, i'm less attached to have relationships, materialistic things, career, no interested to have partner, don't feel the urge to share my personals opinions, can't blame can't praise, i prefer to be alone more than ever, and all that go and comback regulary, it made lose some social skills that i had, I don't have anxiety, nor a bad situation

Even sometimes I feel so joyfull and have the energy to do many thing "like preparing for a music show or having a big business contract", deeply i know they don't matter and are egoistic, and if i tell that to someone in my entourage, it sound weird lol  

I have no more "why" i need to achieve something, and it's not necessarily because of laziness but everything seems not profound and genuine

IMO The thing that holding me back is the EGO, since social conditioning is based on it, but i prefer to hear from other,  Have you ever felt that during your journey, and what's is your view, does this something destructive

Edited by Spinoza

This is all very relatable. 

But just remember that the sentiment of "the thing that's holding me back is EGO" is also ego, isn't it?  egos want to kill the ego; only the mind would want to kill the mind.  pure awareness has no concerns or desires over the presence of ego. 

Edited by robdl

@robdl True it's also ego

Something is telling me,  let go everything and focus on what is more Real without resistance, in the same time my inner voice tell me: Giving up things and changing too much lead to a lot of suffering in the materialistic society, trying to have both is living in contradiction 

One of the primarily job of the ego is to choose suffering, and convince itself using stories that it's necessary. It has been estimated that potential for suffering in negative experience is about 4x stronger than potential for bliss in positive ones, from hedonistic point of view it doesn't make sense to work in a hard stressful job to get some material things as a reward, but paradoxically for a lot of people giving up would lead to potentially even more suffering because they would be tortured be ego stories about underachievement, boredom, wasting time, and how they supposed to achieve "great things", not just relax. In my expierience a big part of motivation for being social comes from feeling lonely.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Etagnwo at this points, I'm not really looking for enlightenment but looking for peace to not hurt my self and not hurt other as much as i can, i did not meant enlightenment is not enjoying things, but as i see the more you become aware, the more you lost interest in many things, not in a negative way, and this explain why, as we get older we tend to appreciate less material thing, to party...etc

Sometimes is the ignorance that make things feel interesting and worthy to do

I've learnt a lot from Eckhart tolle, he is one example from thousands and thousands of people, and life can be so hard for the "ego" we can lose strength and fall in regrets 

I remember he said "And fortunately, even when, in the eyes of the world, i suddenly became a success, i don't want to derive my identity from that, it's just a cheap substitute for who i really am" Eckhart Tolle

@Enlightenment I think there is no way to avoid effort or suffering, whether in the materialistic path (job...etc) or the spiritual (looking for knowledge, exercices..)

It makes you more motivated about divinity/truth and lesser about illusory or unintelligent ways of existence.

B R E A T H E

For about a year it did for me.  During the time I was going through Enlightenment.  All your furniture is gonna move around with Enlightenment.  It’s a good investment.  You gotta kinda think of it like this — Enlightenment is like hitting the reset button on your whole life.  It takes a while to go though that.  But it’s a true investment for the rest of your life. You will live a more ‘wise’ life, for lack of a better adjective at hand at the moment.  

Video on point to watch

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Spinoza I can relate a lot to your words. I was very driven / motivated / passionate before my awakening about my life in general. After it, it mostly died down. Rn, after a year, I'm beginning to put the pieces together again. The difficult thing here is that most of my ambition resulted out of the pain I experienced (=wanting to get away). So when the pain was gone, so was the ambition. This leaves a big silence in you. With time you can learn to consciously create momentum to be motivated and ambitious again, but it will never be the same compared to the old ambition. Very interesting topic.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I can relate to your experience as well. I get what r u trying to say, is a lack of interest in many materialistic things (u stop caring to reach to those things ,people see u as weirdo and u don't give a shit no more,its totally freedom) . The mind seeks pleasure in many things and when it comes to awakening,all these insights in the path,you kinda get what really matters,you kinda sense what its important or not. What exists what not. What u really are and what not. You can easily spot the ego games in your mind and you are aware of ego's shit,you know that's not you and that's why u lose interest cause ur focus of attention and interest is pointed elsewhere,deeper,not just what you've been told. So by searching for your own truth ,its expected to feel that way.

I kind of felt like that and was scared because of this my ego responded "why tf am I doing with this? Trying to find answers threw me into the black hole ? What am I suppose to do now?" 

But in the end,this too shall pass for you,u wont feel like this forever,its just a phase in the path,just like I felt it and I think its worth a million times cause inner peace comes If u really figure it out. I mean you wont bite ego games ,if u can be aware of them and practice awareness and presence. But the interest in the path is necessary otherwise u won't do shit lol 

12 hours ago, pluto said:

It makes you more motivated about divinity/truth and lesser about illusory or unintelligent ways of existence.

There more i learn, experience, this is what i'm noticing

@Azrael @egoeimai U described well what i mean, Don't you see that all achievement are from the Ego to hide insecurities and also some achievements are fro survival (there is nothing "wrong" with achieving, but a lot are the cause of suffering, deeply they don't make sense)  

@Outer Thanks for your reply, i'm gonna read about how Shinzen Young dealt with that

@Joseph Maynor at this time Leo wasn't into spirituality? as i see he was more into personal development which is not so deep, it focus more about achieving, being successful without trying to discover our true self, his new video are 360 degree the opposite

Edited by Spinoza

26 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

@Spinoza yes indeed they're cause of suffering . cause they're egodriven,their source is ego so they do cause suffering. But suffering is an illusion as well of course. ?

True

@Spinoza There is no one to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do, should or shouldn’t have, should or shouldn’t be. If there is, it’s a lie. There are ignorant homeless people, and enlightened homeless people. There are ignorant millionaires and enlightened millionaires. The difference you refer to will never be seen or heard by anyone. There is no spirituality, and there is no motivation, only freedom. 

38825F9B-5FFD-4068-81DF-9ED625F92033.jpeg

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

and deeply even Freedom is an other illusion no matter how you describe it 

1 minute ago, Spinoza said:

and deeply even Freedom is an other illusion no matter how you describe it 

Have you experienced inner peace? If not, hit me back when you do

10 hours ago, egoeimai said:

I can relate to your experience as well. I get what r u trying to say, is a lack of interest in many materialistic things (u stop caring to reach to those things ,people see u as weirdo and u don't give a shit no more,its totally freedom) . The mind seeks pleasure in many things and when it comes to awakening,all these insights in the path,you kinda get what really matters,you kinda sense what its important or not. What exists what not. What u really are and what not. You can easily spot the ego games in your mind and you are aware of ego's shit,you know that's not you and that's why u lose interest cause ur focus of attention and interest is pointed elsewhere,deeper,not just what you've been told. So by searching for your own truth ,its expected to feel that way.

I kind of felt like that and was scared because of this my ego responded "why tf am I doing with this? Trying to find answers threw me into the black hole ? What am I suppose to do now?" 

But in the end,this too shall pass for you,u wont feel like this forever,its just a phase in the path,just like I felt it and I think its worth a million times cause inner peace comes If u really figure it out. I mean you wont bite ego games ,if u can be aware of them and practice awareness and presence. But the interest in the path is necessary otherwise u won't do shit lol 

you sound enlightened to me:)

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I know right? That was relaxing as to read :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Spinoza I guess a better way to put it is that you seek universal harmony :) Anything outside of harmony is of no interest to an awakened understanding.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

12 hours ago, pluto said:

@Spinoza I guess a better way to put it is that you seek universal harmony :) Anything outside of harmony is of no interest to an awakened understanding.

Thanks, your answer makes a lot of sense!