MarkusR

18yrs Old and No Obligations!

12 posts in this topic

Im 18, and I have no obligations until the beginning of 2019 when i have to leave for mandatory military service. Until then I am literally free to practise and excersize whatever I want.

If you had this opportunity at 18 what would you do? What advice would you give to yourself.

Excited to see some eye-opening answers :).

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Take 3 months separated from society completely and discover your breath and feelings. 

9 hours ago, Quanty said:

Take 3 months separated from society completely and discover your breath and feelings. 

People dont say it often but you have to this with 100% focus and hard work, not just do it.

Hello.

Thank  you for opening this great topic.

What I'd say to you is to start a daily meditation habit.

Meditate every single day for 30 minutes.

That will open your eyes to make wise decisions.

Good luck!

Me on the road less traveled.

I was in a similar situation. I chose traveling and volunteering in some awesome places. I cannot recommend it enough. You can get so much life experience and broaden your horizons. (I used workaway.info to find hosts to volunteer with)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@The Don @Nahm Thank you, meditation is already my preliminary choice! :) @Quanty That's an interesting suggestion. I'll definately consider that, I have an opportunity to be in a quite isolated home away from the city. I am planning to use that as a place to do something similar to what Leo is doing now, I still need to build up a lot of discipline for that though.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:40 AM, MarkusR said:

What advice would you give to yourself.

@MarkusR If I could step back in time I would show this Video to myself and say 'this is enlightenment in a nutshell'. 

"There is no one to awaken. What is really happening is reality is awakening into reality. Consciousness is awakening into consciousness."  

Than I'd tell myself to take the time to sit til the mind becomes so empty there is no longer anyone there. Not even the realization  "there is no one there" remains.   Sit in nature long enough with a still mind and enlightenment is guaranteed to happen. Just not to you. But it does happen.

I'm 18 too, and I've dedicated the year to getting enlightened through relentless love. Already I wake up in the mornings having no idea what I am, with many heightened moments. The best technique I have found in the long term as a lifestyle change is loving whatever arises over any technique I've personally done such as contemplation, or strong determination sitting or sung gazing. The best way to get an experience of what you are aiming for is to go on a 10 day water fast or get some psychedelics but it's not necessary. You want to heal the emotions inside of you, which will still be there even if you realize that you are infinity. So look into the book, "Whatever arises love that" and follow it with passion is my suggestion :) Either way, you will find your way.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️