Key Elements

Taking psychedelics (or not) for spiritual development

Taking psychedelics (or not) for spiritual development    54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take psychedelics for spiritual development?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'm considering it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Why or why not?

You may answer this question below. I'm willing to hear whatever answer you have. I'm sure others do too. There is no "right" or "wrong" answers; just say your answers if you want. Just don't say that the other person is "wrong." This is not a debate. I'm only creating this thread for educational purposes.

Ayahuasca was my first step into this whole process of self-development, and mushrooms have been my go-to since then. They give me glimpses of what it is that I am. Having that peaceful knowledge as my baseline conscious state is a thought that I love and am striving for. I would still be drinking vodka like water every day if psychedelics hadn't come into my life when they did. They are helping me shift into a different gear in life.

I really want to take 5 Meo but I’m sketched out about getting my hands on some without ending up in prison. ? I’ll probably take lsd within the next month. The only experience I’ve had with psychedelics so far is cannabis which seems to be rather mild compared to true psychedelics. 

One of my top values is beauty. I want to experience the most beautiful things life has to offer. What psychedelics do you guys think can give me an experience like that? 

I was into PD for a year, but nothing really moving. shrooms opened my gate to spirituality. they started a snowball effect. psychedelics showed me love, bliss. they showed me my biggest fears. not only that, even more importantly, they forced me to face them. they are like a teacher, showing me what I do wrong (where I just hurt myself) in life. they helped me quit drinking, partying, smoking and all that stuff that makes me feel numb and empty afterwards. 

they're not games though.. it's serious, hardcore stuff sometimes. they need to be treated with honor and respect :$

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

No. I have a few times, and those, especially the first, were I think a necessary encouragement to show me that the principles spiritual teachers talk about are real and experiencing something along the lines of what they experience is possible and not just hearsay. At the same time, suppressed issues were brought up, which I consider a plausible component of spiralling me into a depression that lasted quite a while and could've been fatal.

Now I'm just working on enlightenment. I'm already in an abiding "non-dual" state (which was not reached due to psychedelics) so all that is to happen is removing blockages so the truth can shine forth. In retrospect, and with increasing sensitivity, I see the energy of psychedelics as coarse and turbulent, so I don't plan on having anything to do with them any more.

Edited by Markus

Psychedelics are unique.

I take them because they are powerful and reliable tools that help me get in touch with Being.

DId practices for 20 years, health / fitness for 12, 95% vegetarian for 2, then took about 20 trips (shroom tea) in a 3 year span, last one was almost a year ago. I started at .5g with close, great friends, we laughed our heads off and it loosened reality up. Deeper trips were alone; plentiful insights 3-4 gs, nonduality 4-5gs, Being 5g+. Check your foundation first, use long term thinking, be safe, think ahead, don’t go for a walk or drive, prepare yourself not to call the police / paramedics because you’re tripping balls & freakin out, because in hindsight, you will very much wish you had simply surrendered and allowed.  The best (ime) revelations come through tripping in the deep silence of nature (outdoors), with the ideal pinnacle of the trip in total darkness (midnight or so).

❤️

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There is nothing you can do to become spiritual. It’s inherent in the organism environment and conscious awareness itslf. 

Time plays no part in the actual timeless realm of spirituality. 

You can undevelop what has been constructed by thought and prevented harmony with that inherent built in relationship. ‘If’ psychedelics can help deconstruct those bariers so be it. 

I personally have never needed to read spiritual books, or take psychedelics because everything I needed so obviously was built in by conscious awareness and organism/environment. But I also keep in mind that circumstances, experiences, conditions may differ from one to another. 

Edited by Faceless

1.png2.jpg281qpx.jpg281qvr.jpg

I think of it as just a tool used to become the best version of yourself. I don't need it, I will never rely on it, it's just a tool. Simple as that. You don't got the tool, great. you got the tool, even better. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Thank you all for the answers so far.

Ever since Leo mentioned that he spoke to Peter Ralston about taking psychedelics, I've been curious/wondering what's the reason why he (Ralston) got upset and rejected psychedelics. Ok, so he got upset/angry, but what is the actual reason for rejecting psychedelics? (I think this is what Leo said, but correct me if I'm wrong.)

I think, maybe, perhaps, if you already have profound awakenings through meditation, strong determination sitting, yoga, psychedelics, your karma (fate), then you may not want to take psychedelics. The decision to take psychedelics or not has to be a wise one. In fact, all the other methods (whether it's psychedelics or not) have to be used wisely, if anyone is to try them. I'm only saying psychedelics because this seems to be the strongest method to get awakenings. 

Here's another case I'd like to openly share...

I was in Hyderabad, India a few years before coming back to the US. There was a famous local guru there that ppl talk about. He knows how to do astral projections so that he could be anywhere in the world. So, if you're away from your family, he could tell you how they're doing without you seeing them. His wife started trying the same thing (astral projection) and failed. She did it through strong determination sitting but died. The guru said that she lost her soul trying to do this. The method she used for this is strong determination sitting, which is also powerful.

From what I could make of this story, it looks like we have different karmas. That's why one method doesn't fit all. I'm saying this just for precaution. I think we all have this life to fulfill -- to live a loving/fulfilling life. Be careful when making a decision. Know yourself.

For me personally, this happened, then another "ah-ha" moment, then another "ah-ha" moment, and so on. So, I'm going to hold off on any method now except maybe mindfulness meditation. Let's see what happens. Eventually, I'm probably going to express this (non-duality) in my life purpose indirectly so that those who are ready to hear it will hear it.

27 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

From what I could make of this story, it looks like we have different karmas. That's why one method doesn't fit all. I'm saying this just for precaution. I think we all have this life to fulfill -- to live a loving/fulfilling life. Be careful when making a decision. Know yourself.

This doesn't just apply to spiritual growth or psychedelics. This applies to everything you do in your life, you make choices (or don't) and you live with them, that's the curse (or beauty) of being alive.

Memento Mori

For me, psychedelics are the #1 tool. The only thing the ends The Story

Anyone ever been swallowed up by the universe? More like your senses are like trees/moss or just nature that grow over your sense of self?

Not non psychedelics?

Edited by MisterMan

22 minutes ago, MisterMan said:

Anyone ever been swallowed up by the universe? More like your senses are like trees/moss or just nature that grow over your sense of self?

Not non psychedelics?

For me yes. I lived in and around forest wilderness most of my life. I refused to conform to various types of conditioning and I think this allowed for a certain capacity to be very sensitive to the organism/environment. This I think is how this capacity for healdlessness ‘movements/action without a center’ came to be without seeking or grasping for it. 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, Key Elements said:

The decision to take psychedelics or not has to be a wise one. In fact, all the other methods (whether it's psychedelics or not) have to be used wisely, if anyone is to try them. 

Really? I stumbled my way into my first trip. I messed up measuring on the scale and took about 120mg of 4-Aco-Dmt (about 6X a normal dose). It was the most profound experience of my life.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

was the most profound experience of my life.

Was that the 4 hour realization? 

Was it centerlessness? 

Edited by Faceless

35 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Really? I stumbled my way into my first trip. I messed up measuring on the scale and took about 120mg of 4-Aco-Dmt (about 6X a normal dose). It was the most profound experience of my life.

Well, that's great. But then, I shared the story of the guru's wife. See what happened to her? She didn't even use psychedelics. Using psychedelics is probably the most powerful method compared to the other methods that we talked about in the forum. That's why I suspect that we have different karmas, and therefore have different life paths. You got to really know yourself before you try any method.

@Key Elements For sure. It’s potent stuff. I’ve met people who are super careful and intentional with psychedelics and others that are carefree and spontaneous.

I wouldn’t advocate being careless as it prolly increases the risk of unintentionally harming oneself or others. Yet. those who have a “whatever happens,  happens” attitude seem to surrender soooo much easier.

2 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Ever since Leo mentioned that he spoke to Peter Ralston about taking psychedelics, I've been curious/wondering what's the reason why he (Ralston) got upset and rejected psychedelics. Ok, so he got upset/angry, but what is the actual reason for rejecting psychedelics? (I think this is what Leo said, but correct me if I'm wrong.)

I am on Jed Mc Kenna forum too, and he reacted bad too when I asked him about psychedelics.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

37 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I am on Jed Mc Kenna forum too, and he reacted bad too when I asked him about psychedelics.

I wonder what his reasons are for rejecting.