Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

On 2018-03-23 at 1:38 PM, herghly said:

How do you guys keep track of how many times you've completed an exercise , are you using beads or something else ? 

I have just been using my hands. I start with both my hands in a fix and every a completion of 1 round I will extend one finger out

@herghly I count by placing my thumb on one finger and then count by moving it to the next and so forth.

@onacloudynight  Im not into the japa yoga... I already overthink too much, I end up just repeating a mantra mechanically and getting obsessive about it.  But I like saying some of mantras every once in a while... their meanings are really beautiful.  Like sat nam, they use it alot on kundalini yoga... "truth is my identity"  pretty bad ass.

Anyone try the Yoni mudra??

I saw some crazy lightning bolts and I think I was getting closer to seeing the spheres and the star of kutasha!!

@Nexeternity  Yeah, Yoni mudra is crazy. I just see a pure white light. I don't know if that is the kutastha, but it certainly is very pleasing to focus on it. I feel like this is the most powerful technique so far. I feel really high and calm afterwards.

Edited by onacloudynight

On 03/04/2018 at 1:11 PM, onacloudynight said:

Have any of you guys got to Lesson 12: Japa Yoga?

Do you think it is necessary to have a mantra?

What mantra have you decided to use ? 

Im not up to that lesson yet, but I will be soon 

8 hours ago, herghly said:

What mantra have you decided to use ? 

Im not up to that lesson yet, but I will be soon 

The Mukti Mantra: om namo bhagavate vasudevaya. It translates to "I surrender to God." It was the one that resonated with me the most out of all of them listed. It was also Lahiri's favorite.

Edited by onacloudynight

Lesson 8 Kriya Pranayama 

It says to breath similarly to Ujjayi Pranayama for 10-20 second in hales, but it does not say exhale through mouth or nose. In Ujjayi it says you can exhale through the mouth

@onacloudynight How do you do it?

@herghly  I inhale and exhale both through the nose, but I believe exhaling through the mouth would also be acceptable.

Edited by onacloudynight

@onacloudynight

Thanks for replying bro

Also do you guys do the hand position when doing the concentration practice ?

I always forget about it and just leave my hands in my normal position

6 hours ago, herghly said:

Also do you guys do the hand position when doing the concentration practice ?

I always forget about it and just leave my hands in my normal position

I think the basic one with the crossed fingers :) at least that's what I did up to now

sLahiri-Loto.jpg

whatever arises, love that

@herghly  I don't think the hand position really matters. In Leo's blog post about yoga posture, he does a different hand position. Do whatever suits you.

4 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

I think the basic one with the crossed fingers :) at least that's what I did up to now

sLahiri-Loto.jpg

He even said in the book to keep the palms down during the concentration. 

8 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

He even said in the book to keep the palms down during the concentration. 

really? oh shit, I must have overlooked that:| palms down, like resting the palms on the thighs ?

sorry btw, didn't want to spread wrong techniques :S

whatever arises, love that

How often per day is it supposed to do Kriya? So far I’ve done once a day, but I would like to do it once or twice a day. Can you do to much Kriya yoga? For example Ive read or heard that if you get headaches from it you should take a rest from it that day. I understand that its not the quantity that matters the quality when practicing.

@Paan  I only just got the book, so I haven't really started the practice yet, but a few pages back in this thread, some folks were talking about backing their kriya time down, as it was getting far too intense. I'm sure it varies by person, though. Fascinating stuff, and I'm looking forward to getting some good reading done this weekend so I can sit my butt down and jump into it!!!   

@see_on_see I have seen lights. Specifically a flickering white light when my eyes are pointed to Bhrumadhya. Granted I have practiced concentration/meditation 2 years prior before starting Kriya, which is probably why I can already see it.

It is an internal light, generated by your mind when you have sufficient degrees of concentration. It is not the light that is coming from the room.

Keep practicing, as your concentration improves you will eventually see the light.

Edited by onacloudynight

@see_on_see Yes, for me it is easy to distinguish. It is like a pure white light, so it is obvious. Maybe turn off all the lights if you are having trouble seeing it.

Are any of you starting to notice any benefits from your Kriya Yoga practice? If so what benefits

After inhaling, when you hold your breath for 3 seconds, do you "lock" the muscles in the throat, so that your lungs feels like a balloon under pressure ?

Or do you keep your throat relaxed, and use the muscles around the chest and the lungs ? No separation between inside and outside air.