Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Cut back on the practice. Either the duration or techniques. What practices are you doing? And for how long: 30min,1hr etc.?
If you haven't been doing Kriya very long,you definitely shouldn't be taking the energy to the crown. Even bindu is pushing it.

26 minutes ago, who chit said:

Cut back on the practice. Either the duration or techniques. What practices are you doing? And for how long: 30min,1hr etc.?
If you haven't been doing Kriya very long,you definitely shouldn't be taking the energy to the crown. Even bindu is pushing it.

im doing nadi sodhana, ujjayi pranayama, the tongue thing, then maha mudra, om japa, do the pranayama for 12 sets and concentration 5 min.

yeah, during om japa and the pranayama im pulling the energy to bindu, that's probably it

1 minute ago, Viking said:

maha mudra

Maha Mudra is a strong kundalini stimulator also. You could try dropping that for a few days and see if it helps. You could also pull the energy only up to medulla,or as an alternative,the safest is bringing it to 3rd eye/kutastha. Everything else looks fine.

@who chit ive been doing kriya for about two months. As you discribe I feel directly when im pushing the limit, depression and moodswings. My routine is:

50 tounge raises

3x maha mudra

4x talabya kriya

12x KP 1

12x KP 2

3-6x mental kriya

duration: 40-55min

16 minutes ago, Paan said:

@who chit ive been doing kriya for about two months. As you discribe I feel directly when im pushing the limit, depression and moodswings. My routine is:

50 tounge raises

3x maha mudra

4x talabya kriya

12x KP 1

12x KP 2

3-6x mental kriya

duration: 40-55min

As I mentioned to Viking, Maha Mudra is a big kundalini stimulator. So I would cut back to 1-2 for a couple of weeks. Drop KP 2 for a while,maybe a couple of months. The maha mudra's and KP 2 are very likely what's causing the overload.
Do you meditate also?

Edited by who chit

On 6/4/2018 at 5:02 PM, Viking said:

I think you will figure that out by asking yourself, inner guru. other's answers are as arbitrary as yours.

I was thinking along the same lines. My intuition tells me I need to proceed with caution due to the power of this practice.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, Leo Gura said:

@abundance Stop wasting time and just get to Pranayama already.

And stop skipping days.

Don't make a simple thing complicated.

Agreed. Consistency is key. 

I want to add, for anyone doing the Kriya, that just a few minutes of stretching the spine,say 5 minutes or so before doing the practice, will help a lot with regulating the energy flow. You're sending this energy through the nervous system,which contain a lot of blockages. Essentially,you're "purifying" the nervous system,and sending too much of this energy into a system with a lot of blockages will produce ill symptoms. The symptoms are a sign you're doing too much,producing more energy than it can handle.

3 minutes ago, who chit said:

I want to add, for anyone doing the Kriya, that just a few minutes of stretching the spine,say 5 minutes or so before doing the practice, will help a lot with regulating the energy flow. You're sending this energy through the nervous system,which contain a lot of blockages. Essentially,you're "purifying" the nervous system,and sending too much of this energy into a system with a lot of blockages will produce ill symptoms. The symptoms are a sign you're doing too much,producing more energy than it can handle.

what stretches specifically?

Pick any 3 of these: bending forward,arching the back ,and twisting. Do each one 2-3 times,15-20 seconds. Or what brovakhlin said,whatever is comfortable.

class-two-u2014basic-asanas-bgcg-yoga-u0

Edited by who chit

35 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

My routine:

• Stretching
  • Maha Mudra x3
  • Qi Gong healing sounds
  • Om Japa x3
  • Microcosmic Orbit - like the Pranayama except I flow the energy out of third eye and down the front of the body. Calms me down right away. Sri Mukherjee's Pranayama as described by @who chit and SantataGamana doesn't do much for me.
  • Awareness of Awareness or Awareness of Sounds starting and ending.
  • Self massage, tapping and doing flowing movements to ground and spread out energy

I really recommend vocalized Om Japa. The vibrations open up the chakra areas nicely and produce more lovebliss than the actual pranayama for me. Gentle but powerful. The Qi Gong healing sounds are like Om Japa but in the 5 main organs. 

@Viking whatever feels good and right.

Yeah,I used to do the more complicated Kriya's before finding Sri Mukherjee's. I found it much more simple and,for me, just as effective.
I agree with the Om or AUM Japa outloud,it is calming.

I used to do it with A-U-M. Feeling the vibration Ahh at the navel,Rising to UUU at the chest,into Mmm at the lip/nose. Usually around 7 times or so. I just lost interest in it after a while. Looks like you got a good practice going :).

when should i start doing the higher kriyas (omkar kriyas)

@REALNEGA As the book says, only after a few years of practice.

Don't worry about them. You don't need them. The basic Kriyas should be enough if you just do them seriously.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does anyone know if it matters when you practice Yoni mudra? I see some people have it placed at the end of their routine and some have it placed right before their meditation.

I am not sure if someone asked about this yet but I just read lesson 10 and it mentioned to say 108 repetitions of your mantra aloud and mentally chant your mantra during every free moment of your day.

I must have missed where it talked about mantras. I don't have a mantra. I searched mantra in the index but didn't find where it talked about them. Where can I find more info on this?

if you haven't read the kriya exposed books do it ! 

Im glad Leo recommended them 

since I've read the book I"be become less focused on the kriya techniques and more focused on the meditation at the end , the being

Hey guys, quick question:

When doing Pranayama/Yoni Mudra/... I visualize energy going up my spine. Most books say to imagine the chakras whilst doing it... as the energy pierces through them. As the chakras are said to be located in the spine I visualize it that way as well. However the first chakra is located at the perennium which is more in the middle of the body than in the back. 

How do you visualize that? When I do it I get kind of a "wavey" feeling rather than a straight "shooting up" (especially when going from 1st to 2nd chakra). So do you use the spine as a directive or do you visualize a "central channel" from perennium to crown? 

- Cheers

2 hours ago, cle103 said:

However the first chakra is located at the perennium which is more in the middle of the body than in the back.

the movement of energy doesnt have to go through the back only, mostly the back, but the perineum too as i see it, the head is not the back yet you bring energy there

2 hours ago, cle103 said:

So do you use the spine as a directive or do you visualize a "central channel" from perennium to crown? 

Its kinda different at different times for me, but I strive for just visualizing cold breath flowing from the perineum to the medulla through the sushumna, not specifically focusing on chakras, but just kinda pumping it with the breath, its hard to explain and im not sure how i do it myself, it just kinda happens, try listening to your inner guru

Edited by Viking

Looking for some critique of my routine 

Nadi sodhana  X 3

Ujjayi Pranayama X 3

Talabya Kriya X 50

Mah Mudra x 3

Kriya Pranayama1X 12

Kriya Pranayama2 X 12

Yoni Mudra x 3

Kriya Supreme Fire x 3

After Kriya supreme fire  I either do concentration, self inquiry (as mentioned in kriya exposed) or Paravastha state of being (drop all techniques and just be)

This takes me about 70 minutes

@cle103 Don't get too concerned. Focus on doing the practice daily and soon you will find which way you like to do it.

For me, I focus on the energy moving up from the spine and not so much on piercing the chakras

@herghly If I were you I'd just ditch the first two techniques and add in more Pranayama.

It's important to optimize the routine because you only have so much time in the day. Keep it tight and super-potent is my philosophy. 70 mins is a long time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.