electroBeam

Why is the materialistic world so consistent?

36 posts in this topic

If the world is not materialistic, then why is the world so consistent with the material paradigm?

notice that when you look away from the device you're using to look at this message, and then look back at it again, it collapses in the exact same way as you remember it.

To me, the materialistic paradigm, and the quantum/enlightenment paradigm is a valid paradox. Both are true. I dont see how the materialistic paradigm is incorrect. See both paradigms both are legitimate and exist in the exact same way...

23 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

See both paradigms both are legitimate and exist in the exact same way...

Exactly, it is true, but people who are stuck in the materialist paradigm can't realize this unless they step out of it. when they can't step out of it they're left with contradictions, paradoxes, not knowing and ultimately confusion and dissatisfaction. someone who is stuck in the materialist paradigm is unable to incorporate both as a unity; seeing it from both duality and non duality and realizing that there are no contradictions and no paradoxes, and what there is is your limited thinking and your inability to embody the paradox or the super position of absolute infinity. 

Memento Mori

@electroBeam Super Mario World is so consistent! Look! Mario is affected by gravity and he doesn't fall through the floor! And fast-moving turtle shells really hurt!

Therefore, Super Mario World must be real.

QED
#RationalistGenius

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@electroBeam Super Mario World is so consistent! Look! Mario is affected by gravity and he doesn't fall through the floor! And fast-moving turtle shells really hurt!

QED
#RationalistGenius

What about bugs and glitchs ? 

:ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

QED
#RationalistGenius

269vuk.jpg

Memento Mori

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

What about bugs and glitchs ? 

those are just Mario taking too much mushrooms. Mario has psychosis.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

notice that when you look away from the device you're using to look at this message, and then look back at it again, it collapses in the exact same way as you remember it.

@electroBeam Isn't that just a memory? I think memory is of the mind using it to continue it's play in Maya so that it can feel safe and reassured. Look at an object, then look away and get enlightened or do some 5meo/strong ego death psychedelic, and try looking at the same object again. Physically it will look the same but it will be strangely different. The observer affects the ENTIRE dream. Drop the observer, no more object. 

Edited by JustinS

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

QED
#RationalistGenius

The essence of Super Mario World exists. Super Mario World still exists. Of course what it represents doesn't, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means the stuff that it represent's doesn't exist. 

Same for the materialist's paradigm. Look around, the paradigm exists, its real! Of course, what it represents doesn't exist. 

The entire world is made up of symbols. But these symbols aren't just our imagination, they are real, the symbols exist as real things. They aren't at the same level as a unicorn, or some thought we just make up. Super Mario World is a symbol that exists, its not at the same level as mental construction or mere thought, its much more tangible

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam The materialist paradigm exists, just like Santa Claus.

This gets into what you take to be real.  I could say this is the subject of Metaphysics, maybe it is maybe it’s not, that distinction doesn’t necessarily help us.  This is where contemplation becomes relevant to get at the root of this.  I think we’ve done a pretty good job of defining our terms, I don’t see an issue there.  To me the key question is: “What is there?”  What are you prepared to say in response to that question?  Can you give me like a couple of paragraphs?  Dealing with theory divorced from your actual intuitions is gonna lead to conceptual chicanery. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

QED
#RationalistGenius

So, the majority (it seems) of scientists are not committed to the materialist paradigm, given that they're open to us being in a simulation. Although they may perhaps believe there's a base reality on some level.

Edited by Edvard

4 minutes ago, Edvard said:

a simulation

How is the simulation possible and why does it exist? And what is the relationship between subject and object?

Don't let clever words mask the underlying ignorance.

4 hours ago, electroBeam said:

And how do you know that your memory of it is correct and you simply don't fit your memories to what is currently happening?
You need reference to claim consistency and your memories are indistinguishable from fantasies.

Are you going to claim that your memories are consistent? Consistent with what? Memories?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How is the simulation possible and why does it exist? And what is the relationship between subject and object?

Don't let clever words mask the underlying ignorance.

I didn't really disagree, I'm just trying to investigate if there's some balance to the idea that scientists are soo closeminded. You seemed to assert that a simulation is not materialism. But I see that you wanted to make a point, although maybe Super Mario wasn't the best example, given that it requires having been simulated by the reality you're discussing whether is material or not. My notion is (of course): I don't know, given our limited minds, but I actually do believe that there is no such thing as a «base», or «real», reality.

I do think consciousness is the ultimate reality.

I like this one:

Edited by Edvard

4 minutes ago, Edvard said:

You seemed to assert that a simulation is not materialism.

I was being sarcastic.

Satan is winning these days, he uses materialism to prolong his control over this world

@electroBeam   Maybe when you look away at an object and look back at it, it doesnt collapse the same way.  Maybe it collapses a diferent way but that collapse also changes your memory of it to keep the illusion of consistency. 

Just speculating but its possible. 

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I was being sarcastic.

Which is why I argued

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@electroBeam The materialist paradigm exists, just like Santa Claus.

Where the point is being missed here is the nuanced difference between the essence of thought, and the essence of ideals in consciousness.

A visualisation about Super Mario World is different to actually seeing super mario world in the 5 senses (seeing and hearing). The visualisation is something that can be controlled off your own volition, the actual experience of Super Mario World can't. Its clear here that the essence of super mario world is real, while the thoughts about it aren't. 

Same goes with santa clause. Santa Clause is a thought off your own volition, the materialistic paradigm isn't, its like mario world, its essence is real. You can actually experience it with the 5 senses, you can't experience santa clause with the 5 senses. Its very different.