MM1988

If I am not the mind and I have no control over it how can I make it repeat a mantra?

14 posts in this topic

@MM1988 what’s the point in having a written answer to your question. It won’t help you.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Of course you have control over it. If you hadn't you wouldn't be able to repeat the mantra. 

The problem is not to see things as real. The problem is to see things as not real. 

@cirkussmile It seems like "you" have control over it but there is no you thats why its called illusion 

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@MM1988 You can't. But so long as you believe you are real and in control of things, you might as well also apply that delusion to the speaking of mantras.

If you're gonna be delusional, at least be consistent about it.

Otherwise you'll be even more deluded than you already are ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Repeating of mantra JUST happens. There is no one thats doing them, only an after thought that says “Oh I’m saying these mantras.” You’re an afterthought. Actions just happen. Haha!

Why assume that something has to be caused by you?  Maybe things happen without your willing them to.  Why do we say "that's me" when we're aware of something?  That thing in reality is connected to me!  It can affect me!  I've gotta control it!  I've gotta strategize how to control it!  That little you in the Dream does all kinds of stuff.

All you're aware of is certain sounds, right?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

From the neuroscience perspective fluids come together in the brain a few micromiliseconds after an action takes place and says it’s “I.”

Start at 9:15

Both guys are physicists and self realized.

Edited by JustinS

Where are you aiming at ?

In the end, it doesn't even matter!!

Reality is groundless.

When you begin the mantra, where did it come from? 

Before you started the mantra, where was it, then when you finished the mantra where did it go?  Who is the one who is repeating a mantra?!  Bahahaha.

I like this question a bit too much.

Grace

You are everything, but in a different setting of perspectives. 

Namaste, Mfks!

If I am not the mind and I have no control over it how can I make it repeat a mantra?

You are your mind which is why you are compelled to repeat mantras.

The controller is the controlled