egoless

Mahāsamādhi or delusion? (honest talk)

30 posts in this topic

I want to raise the collective awareness about the path of Enlightenment. What is the culmination of this path really? What do yogi's do? What do they keep in secret from us? I suspect @Leo Gura knows much more then he is willing to share atm(I don't criticize). There could be some very dark sides to the path of Enlightenment which won't be so marketable. But Leo... isn't it time for a honest talk? I mean not through the youtube channel but at least with our community on this forum who followed you since the first days. What is the ultimate ending of this path which you keep repeating "You can't even imagine how deep it goes". Share with us the whole story even if it is the nightmare. Time to open the secrets... We have right to know the truth... Then we make a right decision.

I was very concerned about the last topic opened by someone where he was talking about ending his life. He was extremely deluded and someone must stop him! I don't like where this all is going to. We need to raise awareness till it's too late. When to stop and how to stop... What are the dangers of this path??? Why nobody talks about the dark sides...! Why nobody talks about major pitfalls and fatal delusions?

What is Mahāsamādhi?

According to wikipedia: 

"Mahāsamādhi (the great and final samādhi) is the act of consciously and intentionally leaving one's body.[1][2] A realized yogi (male) or yogini (female) who has attained the state of nirvikalpa samādhi, will, at an appropriate time, consciously exit from their body. This is known as mahāsamādhi. This is not the same as the physical death that occurs for an unenlightened person.

Enlightened yogis take their mahāsamādhi during their final practice of samādhi: and they expire during this final sādhanā practice. Therefore, mahāsamādhi occurs only once in a lifetime, when the yogi finally casts off their mortal frame and their karma is extinguished upon death.

An enlightened or realized yogi is one who has attained the nondual state of nirvikalpa samadhi where duality of subject and object are resolved and the yogi becomes permanently established in the unity of full enlightenment (Videha mukti).

Each realized yogi enters and prepares for mahāsamādhi in a unique fashion."

Why gurus and spiritual teachers don't talk about it? Maybe because then Enlightenment becomes not too marketable?! But we all deserve to know the Truth...

How does Enlightenment change your life really? What does true kundalini awakening impose on you? 

Edited by egoless

15 minutes ago, egoless said:

What are the dangers of this path???

Courage is risking the known for the unknown, the familiar for the unfamiliar, the comfortable for the uncomfortable arduous pilgrimage to some unknown destination. One never knows whether one will be able to make it or not. It is a gambling, but only the gamblers know what life is. All Buddhas Are Gamblers. Be a gambler. Risk everything, because the next moment is not certain. So, why bother? Why be concerned? Live dangerously. Live joyously.

16 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Courage is risking the known for the unknown, the familiar for the unfamiliar, the comfortable for the uncomfortable arduous pilgrimage to some unknown destination. One never knows whether one will be able to make it or not. It is a gambling, but only the gamblers know what life is. All Buddhas Are Gamblers. Be a gambler. Risk everything, because the next moment is not certain. So, why bother? Why be concerned? Live dangerously. Live joyously.

You should at least know your destination. Otherwise it is stupidity and ignorance. You can't jump off the cliff just because. Why nobody does that without the reasons? Because it's stupid. There is nothing courageous about suicide with no reasons...  You should know the landing conditions... 

Edited by egoless

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

You should at least know your destination. Otherwise it is stupidity and ignorance. You can't jump off the cliff just because. Why nobody does that without the reasons? Because it's stupid. There is nothing courageous about suicide with no reasons...  You should know the landing conditions... 

Having a reason ‘motive’, or knowing your destination is projecting that particular destination. This movement implies fear of the movment to the unknown, and only leads to the known. Therefore no ‘dying’ takes place. Therefore nothing new takes place. Therefore back where you started. 

@egoless

So many become interested, but very few enter because your interest may be just because of your mind. You may be hoping now, through yoga, that you may gain something, but the achieving motive is there-you may become perfect through yoga, you may reach to the blissful state of perfect being, you may become one with the brahman. This may be the cause why you are interested in yoga. If this is the cause then there can be no meeting between you and the path which is yoga. Then you are totally against it, moving in a totally opposite dimension. Yoga means that now there is no hope, now there is no future, now there are no desires.

The spiritual practice is about not taking the inner voice too seriously. If you commit suicide, you are practicing something other than that. 

But yes! I agree with you. People go from identifying with a self to identifying with a no self. The problem is not a self or a no self, the problem is the identification.

@egoless

So many become interested, but very few enter because your interest may be just because of your mind. You may be hoping now, through yoga, that you may gain something, but the achieving motive is there-you may become perfect through yoga, you may reach to the blissful state of perfect being, you may become one with the brahman. This may be the cause why you are interested in yoga. If this is the cause then there can be no meeting between you and the path which is yoga. Then you are totally against it, moving in a totally opposite dimension. Yoga means that now there is no hope, now there is no future, now there are no desires.

6 hours ago, egoless said:

Why gurus and spiritual teachers don't talk about it? Maybe because then Enlightenment becomes not too marketable?! But we all deserve to know the Truth...

How does Enlightenment change your life really? What does true kundalini awakening impose on you? 

I think you're unnecessarily worried. Gurus don't talk about certain things because they can't be conveyed in words. You can learn everything about enlightenment by reading scriptures and doing practices on yourself. In nirvikalpa samadhi, you realize your immortality. It doesn't make any difference if you leave the body at that point. You're always immortal even if you aren't experiencing samadhi. You're God so there's nothing to be afraid. 

Enlightenment will change your perception so you will "chop wood and carry water" with a different attitude. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

1 minute ago, Deep said:

I think you're unnecessarily worried. Gurus don't talk about certain things because they can't be conveyed in words. You can learn everything about enlightenment by reading scriptures and doing practices on yourself. In nirvikalpa samadhi, you realize your immortality. It doesn't make any difference if you leave the body at that point. You're always immortal even if you aren't experiencing samadhi. You're God so there's nothing to be afraid. 

Enlightenment will change your perception so you will "chop wood and carry water" with a different attitude. 

I am talking about Mahāsamādhi... not norvikalpa. Why should one pursue Enlightenment if in the end there is a risk you will willingly decide to leave the body? Experience is the point of existence. Why do they demonize manifestation and human perspective. It is amazing that we actually exist and have gift to experience all this.... 

4 minutes ago, egoless said:

I am talking about Mahāsamādhi... not norvikalpa. Why should one pursue Enlightenment if in the end there is a risk you will willingly decide to leave the body? Experience is the point of existence. Why do they demonize manifestation and human perspective. It is amazing that we actually exist and have gift to experience all this.... 

You wont leave your body, dw

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

25 minutes ago, egoless said:

Why should one pursue Enlightenment if in the end there is a risk you will willingly decide to leave the body?

To achieve that level of understanding you must live thousands lives hehehe... just kidding, but that's not something we will be doing in this life. Only master like Jesus for example, he died and came back.

You have to be an avatar to achieve that. And once you are at a level where your mind is ready for it, you will do it. Now it sounds crazy, because we are at a very low consciousness level. When they leave the body, they are not dying are they are not losing the experience of existence. They become existence themselves.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

45 minutes ago, egoless said:

@egoless  Quit this forum, don't read any other books and just listen only to Rupert Spira.. The more you spend time in listening to various people (especially those gurus with long beard), the more confused and frustrated you will become.. Nonduality has become a garbage-can where millions of people have thrown their own beliefs, interpretations, delusions and some claims based on selfish intentions..

Life is beautiful. Just enjoy and live the life totally, while practicing whatever Rupert Spira says. 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

Mahasamadhi is the same as regular death. When an enlightened person dies, people give it a different label. Enlightenment is about overcoming suffering. It's nice to experience higher consciousness but that's a bonus. You don't have to experience samadhi or awaken kundalini to be enlightened. We just talk about it here for fun, but we aren't forcing anyone to do anything. No one is demonizing manifestation and human perspective (that's your assumption). 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

59 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

@egoless  Quit this forum, don't read any other books and just listen only to Rupert Spira.. The more you spend time in listening to various people (especially those gurus with long beard), the more confused and frustrated you will become.. Nonduality has become a garbage-can where millions of people have thrown their own beliefs, interpretations, delusions and some claims based on selfish intentions..

Life is beautiful. Just enjoy and live the life totally, while practicing whatever Rupert Spira says. 

I was thinking to do that long time ago. This is infinity. Why should we chase it. Knowing who I am is totally enough for me... and yeah... Rupert Spira is great teacher.

However, I haven’t seen anyone else who provides as much information on various topics as Leo does on YouTube. That’s his super power I guess :) And he is doing the great job at what he does...

There is no such thing as Mahasamadhi. There is only the 'death' of the I-thought. When the I-thought is anihilated, only Self remains. 

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

This is infinity. Why should we chase it?

Because that's what you are?  You are the one, eternal, pure, unchanging witness of everything. You are infinity. 

The ego is the one who doesn't want to see that, because is too scary for him (ego) and it will means the end of his delusion.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Because that's what you are?  You are the one, eternal, pure, unchanging witness of everything. You are infinity. 

The ego is the one who doesn't want to see that, because is too scary for him (ego) and it will means the end of his delusion.

There is definitely absolute infinity source of which is nothing. And existencially we are all it. But I don’t have any needs or desire to loose my human experience. Those yogis performing god knows what. I don’t believe in that. I suspect it is all delusion. Why should someone Choose to leave the body forever. Why could there be even need for it.... 

41 minutes ago, egoless said:

I was thinking to do that long time ago. This is infinity. Why should we chase it. Knowing who I am is totally enough for me... and yeah... Rupert Spira is great teacher.

However, I haven’t seen anyone else who provides as much information on various topics as Leo does on YouTube. That’s his super power I guess :) And he is doing the great job at what he does...

I don’t resonate with Rupert Spira much at all.

I can sense a deep fear in you.  What is the source of this fear?  There seems to be something that you are avoiding that is right below the surface.  You might be ready for another major shift.  You seem to be kinda unstable in your beliefs in that way.  I get the sense you are fighting to hang on to something.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor