egoless

Mahāsamādhi or delusion? (honest talk)

30 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I can sense a deep fear in you.  What is the source of this fear?  There seems to be something that you are avoiding that is right below the surface.  You might be ready for another major shift.  You seem to be kinda unstable in your beliefs in that way.  I get the sense you are fighting to hang on to something.  

It is not fear. It is understanding that you create your reality. Whatever you believe becomes the true for you. If you identify with ego it becomes true for you. If you identify with no self it becomes true for you. If you truly know that unicorns exist they will exist in your reality... Reality has no boundaries. Consciousness is the creator of experience. Only truth you know is you are consciousness. The rest is belief. and whatever you truly believe you know it and therefore it becomes true for you... Hence the end of the search. 

34 minutes ago, egoless said:

I was thinking to do that long time ago. This is infinity. Why should we chase it. Knowing who I am is totally enough for me... and yeah... Rupert Spira is great teacher.

However, I haven’t seen anyone else who provides as much information on various topics as Leo does on YouTube. That’s his super power I guess :) And he is doing the great job at what he does...

Did you read 'Kriya Yoga exposed' book? The book has everything that you need to know about Kriya Yoga.

One thing about Yoga is that it sells a lot. It has a good market potential because a lot of people want to learn Yoga more than any other spiritual path. Yoga is usually attractive for the ego. So, even in Quora, a question regarding anything on enlightenment may usually have 5-6 followers but questions regarding Kundalini awakening usually has up to 50 followers or more... So, many business minded people want to make use of this market potential and sell their version of yoga...  So, make sure you are aware of that. Reading the book I recommended will certainly clarify many things to you. Because, the author of the book has a very deep knowledge in Yoga.

Anyway, I will tell you about Mahasamadhi based on what I have read. I usually don't talk about things that I have only read or heard but couldn't verify for myself. But since you are so much interested, I will tell you what I know based on verbal testimonies alone. As per the definition of mahasamadhi, it is actually a very beautiful thing. When you want to die, you just drop dead without any damage to the body and without pain. You simply consciously leave the body, just like taking off your shirt.  People usually take mahasamadhi when they are old enough to die. When you are very old and have lived your life fully, you can just die rather than waiting for death with a week body. There is nothing to be afraid of here. Instead of  dying in a very old age after having your sons and daughters clean your shit everyday and handfeed you for months, you simply decide 'thats it, let me die' and you die! Is that not cool? There are only two choices here and mahasamadhi seems to be a better choice.

But don't confuse this with something that Sadhguru is promoting, saying 'You will die during enlightenment'... Enlightenment is certainly a psychological death but not a physical death. But it may be as fearful as the physical death! You have to go through this fear. Spiritual path is all about courage. You need to have a lot of courage and self-honesty... And after enlightenment, you won't really bother about many things, including mahasamadhi. 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

32 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Did you read 'Kriya Yoga exposed' book? The book has everything that you need to know about Kriya Yoga.

One thing about Yoga is that it sells a lot. It has a good market potential because a lot of people want to learn Yoga more than any other spiritual path. Yoga is usually attractive for the ego. So, even in Quora, a question regarding anything on enlightenment may usually have 5-6 followers but questions regarding Kundalini awakening usually has up to 50 followers or more... So, many business minded people want to make use of this market potential and sell their version of yoga...  So, make sure you are aware of that. Reading the book I recommended will certainly clarify many things to you. Because, the author of the book has a very deep knowledge in Yoga.

Anyway, I will tell you about Mahasamadhi based on what I have read. I usually don't talk about things that I have only read or heard but couldn't verify for myself. But since you are so much interested, I will tell you what I know based on verbal testimonies alone. As per the definition of mahasamadhi, it is actually a very beautiful thing. When you want to die, you just drop dead without any damage to the body and without pain. You simply consciously leave the body, just like taking off your shirt.  People usually take mahasamadhi when they are old enough to die. When you are very old and have lived your life fully, you can just die rather than waiting for death with a week body. There is nothing to be afraid of here. Instead of  dying in a very old age after having your sons and daughters clean your shit everyday and handfeed you for months, you simply decide 'thats it, let me die' and you die! Is that not cool? There are only two choices here and mahasamadhi seems to be a better choice.

But don't confuse this with something that Sadhguru is promoting, saying 'You will die during enlightenment'... Enlightenment is certainly a psychological death but not a physical death. But it may be as fearful as the physical death! You have to go through this fear. Spiritual path is all about courage. You need to have a lot of courage and self-honesty... And after enlightenment, you won't really bother about many things, including mahasamadhi. 

That clarified a lot actually. Based on what I have read about Mahasamadhi it just appeared to me as a version of suicide when someone just does not care about his human experience anymore. However, based on your definition it appears to be something else. So you are telling me that this decision is made in the very old age when body is suffering. Then it could be right decision for some enlightened people indeed.

The definitions also made confusion because based on what I've read I thought Mahasamadhi was the main goal of enlightenment path. Sort of final boss... But as you explained it. this is just practical decision in the end. So after your Enlightenment you don't have any desires to leave your body right? I thought Enlightenment could awaken in you the desire to leave the body mind. I hope it does not and you simply enjoy the rest of your being in this human experience....

P.S. I will read that book after I am finished with the exams.

4 hours ago, egoless said:

There is definitely absolute infinity source of which is nothing. And existencially we are all it. But I don’t have any needs or desire to loose my human experience. Those yogis performing god knows what. I don’t believe in that. I suspect it is all delusion. Why should someone Choose to leave the body forever. Why could there be even need for it.... 

The word 'should' is tossed around when one believes that one should do something for some reasons. But reasons and 'Shoulds' aren't 'destiny'

Why should someone leave the body forever?

idk, people say it makes you 'happy' or beyond happiness.

Its not like you have too, its not like there's some ultimate cosmic force and 'destiny' for your life (not taking into account the whole free will debate), in the end, you will make a choice, and I guess whatever you choose is your 'destiny'. And because of that choice you may be better off, or worse. 

Every time I hear the word 'should' or 'important' I know its probably because someone has an agenda at mind. If you want reasons why someone should choose to leave the body forever. Well, fuck it. That's why. Its a gamble, it can be shady biz at times, lots of traps... But that's pretty much life for you in general.

Unless you can predict everything, going forward in life is always unknown. What feels known is an illusion, sure there's a 'high-probability' of stuff happening. For example there's a high-probability your physical body might die someday, but for all you know it will just keep living on and on, it seems impossibly stupid, but that's not the point.

If you watched Leo's video on what makes a good researcher, he basically says that, "A good researcher will research the unnecessary bullcrap, for the sake of finding something amazing" and when it comes to researching potentially dangerous stuff, you need to consider for yourself if you want to take the risks. 

Anyways that's my rant, I think your post was important, I tend to struggle with this question to. 

P.S. I'm sort of writing this post for myself too, so thanks for making this post

I wish it was so simple to put into words and explain it in this post. But its beyond symbolic manipulation that we humans seem to be so adept in. And that is why this path is something that you must explore for yourself, good or bad. As Alan Watts said, you must persist in the folly first. Because the human psyche requires all..this, making posts, discussing with others, discussing with 'gurus', meditating for thousands of hours, etc. It is a pointless exercise, and yet it is the most fruitful thing you'll ever do in your life. How is that possible? Well, life is a zero sum game. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

None of you here are even 1% close to Mahasamadhi (if such a thing is even possible). So don't worry about it.

Focus on experiencing nonduality first.

Then you will understand what to do.

It's like you're in kindergarten asking, "But how will I ever handle writing my PhD dissertation?"

At least finish high school before you ask that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is no end to expansive states of consciousness.

And there is no end to physical or mental evolution/life stream.

However there is the complete end of bondage/ignorance, of false identification with only the personal self.

That is liberation, and that is always deemed the thing that is worth striving for because that is freedom, that is true bliss, which is not a sensation.

That is why teachers urge you not to chase: altered states of consciousness, not to chase energetic sensations, and especially not thought theories.

-

Some enlightened people may have affinity for relaxing into ever deepening states of consciousness, and some may enjoy living as an active being more.

But they care about neither, because they have given up the wants/aversions/fear of the conditioned mind. 

Your job is not to try to figure out what mahasamadhi is, what other teachers exeprience, your job is to be honest about the mind addiction, practicing, and see through your progress that liberation and the joy of the Self are true, studying won't do that for you, it might actually do more harm then good, in keeping the mind active, given how you approach it.

Peace

if you guys reach mahasamadhi, you guys will happily leave your body. 

Actually, Leo has already covered the major pitfall of enlightenment in his Zen Devils video.

Mahasamadhi is a non-issue.

What will happen is you will hit mahasamadhi and then your karma will get exhausted during the integration period.

Maybe, to riff off Shanmugam, if you're really old and feeble you are presented with a choice, otherwise you're probably not.

(I assume Mahasamadhi is Unity Consciousness and not sahaja, since karma has already been exhausted by the time sahaja is reached.)

That is what the people who have gone through it have told me (I haven't completed it myself yet.)

I wasn't even presented with a choice upon reaching 1000, since I had no intention of dying.

Edit: A thought has occurred to me as to why the choice of death may be presented.

The integration period can involve going through added crap to exhaust your karma fully (although usually not THAT bad.) If, however, you're already old and feeble, in pain, whatever, it may exacerbate all of that.  Maybe that's what it's about.  Taking the no-reincarnation option upon death or staying alive and going through the integration period struggles.  This is a theory based on my experience so far.

Edited by Haumea
Addendum