Stoica Doru

Free will doesn't exist

30 posts in this topic

Free will can't and doesn't exist. From an absolute perspective, all the advanced esoteric spiritual teachers basically say the same thing: before we reincarnate, we choose all of our live experiences and circumstances, including our parents and relationships through something called soul contracts. In a higher vibrational dimension, before taking form - that's where we place our cards. After birth, the dices are thrown. The only purpose of this phenomenon is the need for Source to discover Itself, through a huuuuge spectrum of perspectives and opportunities, by dividing itself into an infinite number of holograms and entities that, while in the game, most of them, think that are "other" or "separate". 
However, the law of attraction is true, but I'm not claiming a paradox here, because the frequency you have at an emotional, mental and spiritual level significantly alters your reality. But what I'm claiming is that those choices aren't yours, they are of the actor you witness yourself in disguise. And even if you say you are making choices, or "he" is, determinism wins, because free will, if it existed, would've made us choose things depending on what happened to us and our psyche, genes and so on (the deterministic factors are many - like unfulfilled wishes or desires). From an relative perspective, yes, it seems like You do  something, rather than Life is doing something through you, but it's not true if you zoom out on yourself through meditation and see yourself as a Divine puzzle piece, so to say.
Life's one amazing movie that polishes and enhances Itself through the TV show characters we are all. We are the children of the Eternal Imagination. We are Its plan.

Edited by Stoica Doru

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

If this is true, it's gonna be amazing ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

There are simple ways to go about this..are we free from thought? Memory, knowledge, experience 

And Is will/volition free?? 

Edited by Faceless

Isn’t this the very thing that people spend there entire lives trying to achieve. Therfore the question is answered right

@Faceless We dont have control over many things in our life but i do think we have some free will

There is no free will.But we cannot grasp this shit.Everything looks like we can control everything.Look right left up down.Move your fingers, it looks like you are doing it, It looks like your will exist.Just keep it in the back of your mind you need tons of work to see this truth its paradoxical its impossible for our mind to fully understand it.You have to take your life seriously and feel that you can do everything and you are the one that can change it.After this if you are lucky you may grasp that you don't exist and everything has been pre-programmed.

Agreed! 

We make choices but there is a whole lot of process, calculations, mechanisms etc behind it that ARE just there. So we ARE and the process and time are creating this movie. 

There is no free will.  There’s no Ego that’s controlling or doing anything.  You can discover this on the path.  One way is to just rest as BE-ing and realize that it all moves without you.  Free will is just a belief laid up on top of reality.  It’s a false belief about reality.  It’s the illusion of Ego — the belief that YOU are controlling or doing in the Dream.  Free will is a false Egoic belief about reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Crystalous said:

There is no free will.But we cannot grasp this shit.Everything looks like we can control everything.Look right left up down.Move your fingers, it looks like you are doing it, It looks like your will exist.Just keep it in the back of your mind you need tons of work to see this truth its paradoxical its impossible for our mind to fully understand it.You have to take your life seriously and feel that you can do everything and you are the one that can change it.After this if you are lucky you may grasp that you don't exist and everything has been pre-programmed.

Maybe there is...?

48 minutes ago, Ether said:

Maybe there is...?

It looks like that to everybody.I am not an exception i believe i have free will and i exist but i know back in my mind its an illusion from my previous enlightenment experience.And its pretty difficult to grasp this and you don't have to...everythink look like you have free will and continue with it.Just keep it in the back of your mind to understand it fully when you will be ready.

Free will is silly. It’s like telling yourself a joke and wondering if you’ll laugh at the punchline. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What i can say from observing my own patterns is that the nature in us does function like an algorithm. For example i see an apple. In the point of contact a feeling is created in my stomach. This feeling is connected to images of me eating this apple. Out of this, thoughts arise wich creates a story that is concocting myself to get that apple. When I'm not aware of this, nature is behaving on itself within me. So i have no free will. But if I'm aware of all of this and see it as just connected phenomena that are happening within my body, but i don't act upon on them. Do i have then a free will? Or is the very act of me oberserving also a programmed thing, because i trained myself to that point.

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There is no free will.  There’s no Ego that’s controlling or doing anything.  You can discover this on the path.  One way is to just rest as BE-ing and realize that it all moves without you.  Free will is just a belief laid up on top of reality.  It’s a false belief about reality.  It’s the illusion of Ego — the belief that YOU are controlling or doing in the Dream.  Free will is a false Egoic belief about reality.

Yep. Once this experience experiences itself there is no going back. +++

You have yet to do a single thing on the path. To even lift a finger, to read the first wise word, to simply give up food preference, to manage the needs of the body, to sit and silently surrender. None of this has even occurred to you, actually starting will never happen for you. You have not digested a single word of any book you’ve ever read, and don’t bother reading them again as you, no matter what you do in your life, will never even obtain the capacity to understand the first word, of the first page, of the first book. There is no such thing as spirituality, nor enlightenment. The world is literal hell, and there is no escaping, ever. It’s a loop of hell. “God” is the Devil’s cruel cruel sick joke. A joke you will always fall short of comprehending.  There is not a thing you can do to better this situation, literally nothing. It will only progressively get worse until you can no longer withstand the mental torture, and you are simply reborn, and will do it all again, with every nuance of pain reincorporated into deepening the nuances of your torture and anguish. Hope is a falsity. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Really? Do you mean in the sense of the EGO?

@Nahm I think that you used up your ❤. Here, have some~~~~

@Stoica Doru There is no free will. Any conscious action is rooted in unconscious movement.
Any thought is rooted in unconscious bias. Any bodily movement is rooted in movement of muscles that move by themselves. Any use of language is rooted in belief that you share understanding of words that are used.

Any "action" is impossible. 

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Free will is the EGOic/duality itself. The matrix of ideas and concepts.

Namaste, Mfks

People think free will exists because they cannot see all the causes to an effect.  But if you look closely enough you can find a cause to every action, and for every action, a reaction.  This is the Nature of the Universe and your very own thoughts and decisions are no exception.