Sukhpaal

Biggest Fear

20 posts in this topic

My biggest fear in life is that I seek forever and never attain enlightenment. Yes I know it is the ego who fears n all that stuff but does anyone else share the same fear?

What are you hoping to find as you continue to seek?  What's the desired final endpoint?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Liberation through enlightenment, I've made it a life long journey of mine to one day reach it, but it's like what if I go to my grave and I'm still in ego mode you know? It's scary to think about.

@Sukhpaal What if, what if... and what if you get run over by a bus tomorrow?

So what?

There are no guarantees in life. You just do the best you can.

If you care about it so much, put your money where your mouth is and make it happen. And it will happen.

Sounds like what you're more afraid of is doing the actual work, thus all this distraction.

What you're really afraid of is not unenlightenment, but enlightenment!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Sukhpaal I’m intrigued. I never had a fear of this, it seemed like a path of liberation and freedom. To me, you’re projecting fear on to something that is beautiful, and rewarding with every step. Can you talk more about the fear?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura that probably is the case, just distraction.

@Nahm Hmm it is ironic, I am not sure where the fear is coming from entirely. My best guess it is because I always felt things “never went my way” in life so now I’m projecting that attitude on enlightenment?

@Sukhpaal I used to think like that too. But look out for Good effects in Bad events and vice-versa.

5 hours ago, egoless said:

once he let go, he woke up...

-Me

So true.  The Ego has to be let go of.  That’s the only thing to do, and it happens by degrees.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

So the path to enlightenment is blocked for you, by fear. That’s a lie, you just haven’t realized it yet. 

Another perspective is, you are too lazy to do the practices, theory, etc. You are using fear as an excuse. But, the fear is nowhere. Try to point to it. See, it’s no where. It’s you! The fear, IS, you. It is not a second thing, that could come from somewhere else and harm you. It’s you. You’re already the fear. You and the fear are one thing, the fear is not a second thing.  Seein what I’m saying? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

That’s a legit fear.  This is my take.  Always be humble about Enlightenment.   It’s easy to delude yourself that you’ve reached the summit only to find out that the spiritual ego is clinging on for dear life.  Full Enlightenment is the total surrender of the Ego.  It’s letting ALL of it go.  That’s kind of a tricky thing to “do” because it’s not a doing!  It’s a constant resting as awareness.  It’s a being.  I know we say this stuff and it sounds like general cliches — but when you get to the advanced stages, this stuff is the most concise, literal advice you could receive on these matters.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Nahm I think its a mix of both perspectives, I’ll figure it out.

@Joseph Maynor yeah you always gotta be aware and like usually when you think you’ve “arrived” theres a good chance you’re deceiving yourself

Enlightenment isn't something to be achieved or attained.  That's not how you look at it.

It is a natural state to be surrendered to.

Addition by subtraction.

You're not attaining something.  You're relinquishing something false, illusory, unreal.

Indeed, letting go.

To put it in plain terms, enlightenment is just "you" without all your bullshit.

@Sukhpaal Rather than being afraid of seeking and never attaining enlightenment, be afraid of not doing anything and living in ignorance.

The price of truth is EVERYTHInG

Stake life upon truth

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

On 01/03/2018 at 9:28 PM, Sukhpaal said:

My biggest fear in life is that I seek forever and never attain enlightenment. Yes I know it is the ego who fears n all that stuff but does anyone else share the same fear?

Still better that not trying to chase the best thing that could happen for you.

That will always haunt you, consciously or inconsciously.

You don't really have a choice anymore, your innocence is gone, so don't try to avoid it, it's will just bring you even more suffering.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them