Viking

How do I become happy?

19 posts in this topic

Sadhguru often talks about "if you could control your state of mind, wouldnt you be always blissful". What are the practical means to controlling my state of mind? im meditating everyday 30 minutes (lately twice a day) already, what needs to be done more?

I want to have my happiness coming from within and not dependent on a girlfriend, a life purpose, friends, books, whatever else. what practically should I do? how do i control my state of mind so i will be blissful all the time?

State of your mind as in create distance between yourself and your mind. 

A man asked buddha "I want happiness", Buddha said first remove  "I" that is ego, then remove "want" thats desire. Then you are only left with "happiness".

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

"if you could control your state of mind, wouldnt you be always blissful"

I think you've misunderstood this. He's probably pointing towards the reality that you can't control your state of mind, which refers to detaching from it, not trying to manipulate it into any kind of "blissful" state. 

10 minutes ago, Viking said:

how do i control my state of mind so i will be blissful all the time?

Impossible. No one can ever be 100% blissful all the time. Detachment from clinging to any state is what you want.

You won't believe me but ....

.. stop seeking happiness.

You heard it right, stop trying to be happy, just live ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

SOrry but you have to sacrifice your life to be unconditionally happy. Sacrifice all your desires, thoughts and social conditioning that you have. Not that easy. 

@Saumaya @Psyche_92 @Shin

its so counterintuitive it doesnt make sense to me, even though i heared it so much times.

the question then i guess is:how? if meditation is not enough

@Saumaya well, pursuing enlightenment is meditation, no? and what do you mean by consciousness work

@Viking You have to realize that being happy isnt really in your control. It just happens.

Just live life and do what you want.

Try the 6-phase meditation by Vishen lakhiani.

Do it 2-3 times a day to be happy always.

Best results after a week of practice.

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

@Saumaya well, pursuing enlightenment is meditation, no? and what do you mean by consciousness work

Read peter ralston for consciousness work. Meditation is one of the techniques for pursuing enlightenment(not the best imo).

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Sadhguru often talks about "if you could control your state of mind, wouldnt you be always blissful". What are the practical means to controlling my state of mind? im meditating everyday 30 minutes (lately twice a day) already, what needs to be done more?

I want to have my happiness coming from within and not dependent on a girlfriend, a life purpose, friends, books, whatever else. what practically should I do? how do i control my state of mind so i will be blissful all the time?

It seems like the ultimate happiness is enlightenment right? But practically here’s how you can start to experience more satisfying emotions until you become enlightened. The most satisfying emotion of all would be that of love. Think back in your life to the times you felt the most joy and it was probably when you were in love. 

Tibetan Buddhism teaches the cultivation of love and compassion. You’re already meditating every day which is great, now you can start to meditate on love and compassion. 

“You can meditate on mindfulness without compassion but you cannot meditate on compassion without mindfulness.” 

Essentially by meditating on compassion you kill two birds with one stone. You are mindful and at the same time you are cultivating feelings of love. There is hard science to back up the power of compassion meditation and a great person to learn from would be the Dalai Lama himself or Mattieu Ricard. 

To sum it up, if you want to experience more happiness in your life, simply meditate on the feelings of love and compassion. 

1 hour ago, Viking said:

This 6 videos series will probably end more needs for theory and give a solid strategy. All the best

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

14 hours ago, Saumaya said:

Read peter ralston for consciousness work. Meditation is one of the techniques for pursuing enlightenment(not the best imo).

@Saumaya i actually started to read recently "the book of not knowing"

@Slade thank you. actually i dont think i ever experienced love to a high degree. never been in a relationship and my connection to my family was always dull. because of that i doubt a little the love hypothesis but i will try to read more about it now.

@Preetom thank you

Edited by Viking

osho_quotes_6.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Don't try to make yourself happy, be happiness. See where you have excitement and joy in your life. First of all allow there to be excitement and joy. Fear or anxiety is excitement with a negative judgment projected onto it. See if you could let go of your old models making you unhappy and form a positive vision instead. Then you can have more simple happiness and then you can follow it. As you might start seeing, this will require not listening to the mind and going against your past self and ideology and admitting that there's something you enjoy more. But this doesn't have to be a difficult process although it might take just a while. I also like solfeggio frequencies or 432 hz, you can search them from youtube and see which ones you like.