Shanmugam

Either you are enlightened or not enlightened

230 posts in this topic

That experience is so fulfilling and this is the first time sharing it but it's just a story.

Edited by SOUL

@Nahm I will clarify a few things in my next post.. :) Time for bed.. It is early morning in India but I work in night shift. But I will keep this thread alive.

It was a very interesting and humorous day though..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

21 hours ago, Faceless said:

How old is your boy? 

19...too old to jump on my head 9_9:D

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

19...too old to jump on my head 9_9:D

Oh wow lol 

yeah lololol

my boys only 2 years old 

59 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless Uh...since you’re asking, yes, it seems like a smokescreen. Like I’m just asking, what was your experience with green like? The moment you saw green. And you’re talking about a whole different thing, anything but green. But again, clearly you’re not into sharing your experience, I get it. Sorry. Maybe it’s really personal to you, and I stand to be more sensitive to that, and to me it’s something that can easily be talked about, like anything else. I expand a lot from being very open. Different strokes for different folks. (Dropped a “folks” in there, @Joseph Maynor, I love when you say “folks” ❤️)

When there is no experiencer/thought/the perceiver, then there is total perception.  

If there is observation with the burden of ones past being memory, knowledge, and experience, thought/the me, entering in after that perception then all that content of the me approaches each moment that is new with that of the old. If thought enters in that total perception becomes reduced by ones own conditioned associations that have been established through thought/time. Since thought is limited and never new, always old, then it’s like one is meeting each new moment with eyes of the old/past “experience” with all the desire, pleasures, fears, sorrows, ambitions, anxieties and so on...If there is a perception without the thinker, being all those conditioned and limited associations, and there accompanied horrors, then there is no experience pleasurable or painful. If I meet each moment of the now WITHOUT that of the past then there is pure perception without the me. ONLY OBSEVATION IN OF ITSELF. Therefore No conflict what so ever. When there is only perception, there is no me “experience/experiencer...When there is no me then there is joy, compassion, love. The self is what gets in the that way of such beauty...This is freedom that comes from knowing the truth of oneself. 

So you asked me to share my experience. But I would have no other way to describe it but as being a non-experience ”no-thinker”. Hints freedom. 

Experience is over rated...Way over rated ?

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Oh wow lol 

yeah lololol

my boys only 2 years old 

They grow up fast. Enjoy while he's little. What the Osho's quote says about letting them explore the unknown is true. Not always easy for us parents, but necessary for them nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Natasha said:

They grow up fast. Enjoy while he's little. What the Osho's quote says about letting them explore the unknown is true. Not always easy for us parents, but necessary for them nonetheless.

?????

@Faceless Everything you just said, is reference of your experience. I was only asking about what I thought was a specific, and great experience, something to be cherished, and possibly shared - your experience of the One, of the change from materialism, to all as Self, seeing the illusion as it is for the first time, from living and dying, to eternal. This are fun topics for me. It sounds like maybe you were born enlightened, like the Dali Lama maybe. It’s interesting, pretty rare I think,  just different than most. I hear you, not your thing and / or maybe you did not have what is being referred to as this ‘binary’ or definable experience, the big reveal. I don’t anticipate we all come into discovery the self in the same ways, that’s why I love to hear the stories. Perhaps you are just more fortunate than I can honestly comprehend.  I don’t have any of the issues you mentioned, that’s why the story is worth sharing, for some people apparently. No worries. I’m good with both being in the now, without the monkey mind or thought baggage, and I enjoy sharing experiences too. I once biked 300 miles for a charity. When I’m talking with people who also love biking, we share our experiences...the hills, that one day with the 20 mph wind - uphill even! How great it felt to finish, in the rain even! How I had to change a couple flat tires. What our experience of ‘the miracle mile’ felt like, Etc.  I just like sharing. We are different, that’s to be appreciated imo.   ❤️?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm we are not different friend. Only thought presents it as so. I am nothing special either. I just observe myself religioulsy. Anyone can do it. 

By the way that bike ride sounds awesome??

Edited by Faceless

10 minutes ago, Natasha said:

You'll be fine ;)

? he’s a real joy 

On 07/02/2018 at 8:02 AM, Nahm said:

@Maxx For most, absolute is at their physical death, and that is fine. 

Oh, this part is so interesting! :) Like you said in another post, Nahm, we all become the absolute in the end. I agree. They call the experience of the absolute in Zen: Riding the Ox Backwards. Backwards of what? Ride what? It might be backwards of "time," and you're riding this massive beam of light back in "time" from the absolute. Because in the end, we are already one and in peace. Everything has already been said and done. No need of experiencing the earth phenomenon like we're doing now. In the end, the ego and Lucifer are already defeated.

Now, how do we get out of this strange loop? O.o

Just sharing thoughts. 

@Nahm

Maybe it's better asking "whats life like?" Using the words 'your experience' is where you might be having issues getting some to talk about it. It's not really an experience, as experiences come and go, and are usually happening to someone (in time).

What this is, is constant, everywhere, all the time...life living itself. 

As a byproduct, things are perfect, even when they appear not so, it's relaxing as you're not fighting anything anymore or saying it should be different than whatever is appearing in front of you- including the occasional thoughts that may pop up. 

When it comes to others, you play your part and pick up and drop beliefs at a whim so the play keeps on going. You learn to avoid telling people that it's a (lucid) dream because it stop the scene in it's tracks - which spoils the fun for all parties. 

All in all, things get a lot lighter and not serious in the slightest. There are possible downsides, without any drama for a person, emotional reactions seem to settle meaning extremes of excitement (and sorrow) become less. 

(It's strange trying to put it into words. One really has to think and make up stuff to bridge this, as without doing so one doesn't think the above all the time, as in one sense, thats still not it and it muddy's the truth - best to experience it for oneself)

Edited by Ocean

I simply cannot fathom anymore why people would argue over someone else's definition of a word, or defending it with their life.

This is a feature of enlightenment stage 8 by the way.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

31 minutes ago, krazzer said:

I simply cannot fathom anymore why people would argue over someone else's definition of a word, or defending it with their life.

This is a feature of enlightenment stage 8 by the way.

Because for a newbie, the finger (concept) is more important than the moon (truth).

Until he realize the finger will never be the moon.

And since most people confuse concepts for reality nowadays ...  :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Shanmugam Started your book last night. Almost done. It’s very good so far. Very logical order, great communication. 

Glad to hear that... Thank you :)

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1