Shanmugam

Either you are enlightened or not enlightened

230 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Damn this is wise!

I think he is aware of that. 

This why I like to think negatively. Not introduce thought induced projections. Example, For me seeing the falseness of the self and negating that, should not be followed by introducing another self or any thought induced projection in its place. A lot of people tend to do that. This is where coherence of thinking has its importance.

Edited by Faceless

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Damn this is wise!

Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback. Your reply was so quick it captured me in an edit.... can you find the word difference? Haha....

28 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Shanmugam There is no actual determined 'form' to the absolute so whatever we ascribe to it is of our own conception, it is unmanifest potential to be everything and anything while also being the manifest fulfillment of everything and anything so we can find any and every characteristic in it.

So in our spirituality if one says there is a trap or pitfall in the path, we create it for our self, if we say there "is" and "isn't" in the work, we create it for our self and if we create a line of separation between anything, we create it for our self, not create it for anyone else, just for our self.

Consider this when you conceive of and speak about your spiritual life, by these you are creating your own spiritual life.

My spiritual life is infinite happiness forever.

Waiting! ? 

I don't think it's nice to say things that are unverifiable or simply not true just to sound wise. I prefer when people say things that can be tested and checkmarked as true. This one here sounds like the lie of attraction stuff.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

12 minutes ago, Dodo said:

My spiritual life is infinite happiness forever.

Waiting! ? 

I don't think it's nice to say things that are unverifiable or simply not true just to sound wise. I prefer when people say things that can be tested and checkmarked as true. This one here sounds like the lie of attraction stuff.

You are confusing spiritual life with physical life, I understand your confusion, it's common.

I cannot prove my joy and peace to you, so it isn't "true"?

Edited by SOUL

19 minutes ago, SOUL said:

You are confusing spiritual life with physical life, I understand your confusion, it's common.

I cannot prove my joy and peace to you, so it isn't "true"?

That's not what I said at all, no idea where you took it from.

I said that we don't create the traps by describing them.

It's the other way round. We describe the traps that are there. They are there before we describe them.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

27 minutes ago, Dodo said:

That's not what I said at all, no idea where you took it from.

I said that we don't create the traps by describing them.

It's the other way round. We describe the traps that are there. They are there before we describe them.

Actually, you didn't say anything about traps, all you talked about was unverifiable and checkmarked as true, whatever checkmarked means.

Although, I don't view any physical or psychological aspects of my life as a trap and no amount of other people talking about how they view it as a trap makes it one for me because I don't agree with that perspective.

Those things may be challenges for me to be at peace and enjoy life but to be honest I didn't really hear them called traps until I got on this forum so maybe you should consider that before you endorse any groupthink concepts.

3 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Actually, you didn't say anything about traps, all you talked about was unverifiable and checkmarked as true, whatever checkmarked means.

Although, I don't view any physical or psychological aspects of my life as a trap and no amount of other people talking about how they view it as a trap makes it one for me because I don't agree with that perspective.

Those things may be challenges for me to be at peace and enjoy life but to be honest I didn't really hear them called traps until I got on this forum so maybe you should consider that before you endorse any groupthink concepts.

Allow me to preach to the choir SOUL: Detachment from belief allows freedom.  It allows authenticity.  You do beliefs, don't let beliefs do you.  Instead of letting beliefs imprison you, you wear the pants in the relationship with beliefs.  Beliefs have the power and certainty that you give them, and no more.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

33 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Allow me to preach to the choir SOUL: Detachment from belief allows freedom.  It allows authenticity.  You do beliefs, don't let beliefs do you.  Instead of letting beliefs imprison you, you wear the pants in the relationship with beliefs.  Beliefs have the power and certainty that you give them, and no more.

This is why I'm saying we create our spirituality in the way that we view it. The  ego may tell us we're trapped and it only becomes a trap if we agree with it.

It is in our awareness of it that we aren't ensnared by the ego's conceptualizations and we can create the liberation from that.

I recognize you aware this as well so some more choir preaching I guess haha.

Do enlightened people see the world through a tunnel? Like depersonalization. Many people who have done a lot of meditation report that they see through a tunnel.

On 07/02/2018 at 4:23 PM, Shanmugam said:

I am just posting this since it is very important for many people here to realize, in case they don't know. Enlightenment doesn't have levels in itself. The progress in spiritual path that we are talking about is only about how much a person has purified his mind/unwired his mind/deprogrammed his mind from conditionings, concepts and identifications etc. But the duality exists until the last step of the spiritual path. You may be less identified, less attached to things. But that doesn't mean that you have reached a certain level of enlightenment. Enlightenment is binary.

Enlightenment is the disappearance of duality. There may be temporary non-dual glimpses or experiences. But that is not enlightenment. Enlightenment is breaking the duality forever. So, either duality is there or not there. There cannot be a partial duality. There cannot be a more or less enlightenment.

But after enlightenment, it certainly deepens. As you learn more about people, world and many other things, you may be able to see certain things with more clarity. But this is no longer a matter of concern. Because enlightenment completely removes the psychological lack, the feeling that there is more.. Because, enlightenment itself lets you to experience that you are one with reality. Reality itself cannot expand or contract, cannot grow or shrink. Because reality is infinity. There can be no further growth to infinity.

Agreed completely

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H