Sukhpaal

Living In Nature

20 posts in this topic

Can living in nature super-charge your spiritual growth?

The psyche or spirit doesn’t need cultivation. 

But I think I understand what your asking. Yes being out in nature is essential in my opinion. Inquiry into nature in comparison to inquiry into myself lead me to the insight that thought was the phenomenon that presented this sense of division between the “me” and nature. This sense of seperatenes is a product of thought itself. 

I enjoy walking, standing, sitting, along creeks. And it’s a great way to spend “time” ?

I was wondering because I find myself extremely drawn towards nature. I plan on settling down somewhere more close to nature because I feel a lot more at peace in those kinds of environments. I also thought it might help with spiritual work. 

Super-charge is an understatement although it also depends how deep in nature you are, the more virgin(untouched/unmanipulated by man) the area the more connection. In a harmonic environment, you cannot be disharmonious for long.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

19 hours ago, Sukhpaal said:

Can living in nature super-charge your spiritual growth?

Lately I’ve noticed how dualistic language and human interaction is. 

Solitary time away from technology, such as in nature, gives a better chance of catching glimpses of insight.

@Sukhpaal It can, but not unless you're deliberately practicing spirituality hardcore already.

Moving to nature and thinking that that will make you spiritual would be a big trap. It doesn't work like that. Your mind will find ways to trick you into being unspiritual no matter where you go or who you hang out with.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @Serotoninluv I'm currently 22 and have been meditating everyday for the past 2 years and doing personal development. I am still a big noobie but I plan on doing this change when I am about 30 years old and have gone a lot deeper into spirituality. Another reason to why I want to leave my current area is because my family is violent and extremely neurotic. Not to say that I am a saint. But, I feel it's like, for example: how can a drug addict become clean if he lives in a house full of drug addicts?  Like of course I could move away just to stay in the same city but in my culture, families are closely tied and visit often. I'm trying to distance myself from that lifestyle while trying to do what I really want in life.

@Sukhpaal Yes, of course that's a good idea to leave a toxic area.

You should be traveling around more and living in different cities anyways. Don't stay in any one city for too long. You start to stagnate. Go to new places, meet new people, learn to live diversely.

I guess you could try them all...natural...unnatural...supernatural...maybe a mix.

When it comes down to it nature is everywhere. We are nature. It’s a transactional relationship between organism/environment. 

It’s simple, live where u can and follow your feet?

Edited by Faceless

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You should be traveling around more and living in different cities anyways. Don't stay in any one city for too long. You start to stagnate. Go to new places, meet new people, learn to live diversely.

It sounds great but how can somebody do that especially when he doesn't have his fianances in order?

Travel is fun and all that but if one has a quiet, clear, sensitive mind they are free of any form of wanting what so ever. Because they feel as if they already have everything they could possibly ask for such as an opportunity to live. It’s quite beautiful?.                  Every place in which they reside is a paradise. Situations do not determine the degree of satisfaction because such a person is not deceived by volition. They perceive the implications of resistance and insufficiency and therefore there is action in regards to that perception. 

This is freedom?

You can live/subsist fairly cheaply. 20 Euro tent from Decathlon + 4 Euro groundpad. (Pretty essential, heat loss to ground can be massive). 5 Euro budget per day for food, how much is a loaf of bread or a bag of fruit, tub of pate. If you were really particular moving according to when food is in season.

Could try hitchikng, never really tried it though.

Talk to people in hostels to build contacts, learn about different experiences.

After seeing the movie Easyrider(in Basel), I guess there is always the possibility of taking a Baseball bat to the face.

I guess if you have the cheek or balls, approach random people and ask for stuff, information, indirectly or directly.

Wind up like Tom Hanks in Castaway?

@Sukhpaal When I've lived in cities, I've had to fill my spaces with nature (transplanted ferns and wildberry bushes, stones, etc), and bring water from nature to drink as well....lol... I'm a "nature person"... I find it hard to really "connect" with man-made things... even though I now always live in nature, I still go on adventures to more nature...lol... here's a recent experience that you may like:

I was walking in a park on the ocean...the only human there (that's my fav, unless maybe there is a kissable human with me)...lol... anyway, I found this stunted tree just my small size... it had weathered years of intense storms and yet it remained intact in a rock, when all else was blasted off by the sea. I felt connected just observing this tree...the storms it's survived are like all of the shit I've been through and I'm still standing too... such kindred spirits... I walked up and touched it.... I felt how flexible it's branches were, and took this as a real life lesson that the tree was teaching me... I felt it's branches move with my touch... gently moving the branches I felt exactly where they became rigid... this reminded me of my values...the point where I no longer want to be flexible (another lesson).... I felt the trunk...how solid and firm it was...like the base we all need to ground ourselves.. . then the most amazing thing happened... I saw the difference in colour between the old original tree, and the shoots of new growth...and there were 100's of these new beginnings/ possibilities... I realized that I am experiencing some of these already, and that I have the potential of all of these possibilities too... it felt incredible... I felt our love for each other and everything around us... amazing

I don't get this as much in a city...it's rather distracting... I once picked a flower only to find a junkie's syringe tangled in the roots... there is nature there though... you can find it anywhere...even in cities... and cities also have lots of rad workshops etc... 

On 1/24/2018 at 0:41 PM, Socrates said:

It sounds great but how can somebody do that especially when he doesn't have his fianances in order?

So get your finances in order.

BTW, it doesn't cost that much to live in different places.

I'm heading to NZ for two weeks, renting a camper van and adventuring along.  Following this up with a 10 day silent meditation retreat in the blue mountains (very secluded naturesk area).  Been planning this February dedicated to relaxation and getting my head clear for a while - will let you know how it goes :) 

@PT89 Hope you have a great experience bro! Looking forward to hearing how it went. :)

If you believe that being in nature does that then you will operate under that. 

Just like spirituality the notion that being in nature is some kind of purity is a trick, a distraction from the realizing that the mind is what is all. 

Its guilty of the appeal to nature fallacy.