Malelekakis

Why shouldn't I want to be deceived?

12 posts in this topic

After all it is part of the process of reality.how can I even be undeceived at all?  infinity means infinite deception. Why must i want to know the truth? As the god that I am I chose to be deceived and not know my true nature. What if I finally remember and choose again to forget?

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. What do you want? 

From unconscious thinking comes unconscious activity. Do really you want to end up doing a disservice for you and others? But yeah, think about this. Is it really suffering that you want, and don't just take the first thought for an answer.

25 minutes ago, YaNanNallari said:

From unconscious thinking comes unconscious activity. Do really you want to end up doing a disservice for you and others? But yeah, think about this. Is it really suffering that you want, and don't just take the first thought for an answer.

If there were no positives to self deception / suffering,  God would never choose to do it in the first place. 

Assuming that God can choose

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Existential Truth is not knowable via beliefs.  Existential Truth is sensed in the present moment.  People are always gonna be confused by this because the Mind wants truth to be conceptual.  Existential Truth is not and never will be conceptual.

2 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

After all it is part of the process of reality.how can I even be undeceived at all?  infinity means infinite deception. Why must i want to know the truth? As the god that I am I chose to be deceived and not know my true nature. What if I finally remember and choose again to forget?

God will never fully undeceive himself! That’s how consciousness “designed” the reality. Fully liberating from deception would mean that maya aka the whole world/perspective would disappear. It is impossible without the death. All in all it was god’s decision to experience this world and it was possible only through the deception of himself. I understand what Leo means. Enlightenment is not the full liberation from the deception. You still live in this world therefore you are still deceiving yourself. However Enlightenment gives you experiential truth of who you are that’s it..

Liberation is disillusionment, 'seeing' through the veil of deception. It's like an actor in a play who knows he is not a real character, yet carries on with the script. Does that actor deceive himself? Yes and no. 'Yes' in the sense of that he stays playing the role. 'No' in the sense he is aware it's just a role he's playing. 

@Malelekakis  Another story may be that the 'Dream' of individuation is integral to this relational experience. In ultimate non-duality, no relational experience is possible, as there is nothing else to be in relation with. What possible telos, if any at all, this relational experience may hold, is a mystery. But again, best not to take these explanations literally. They are, at best, pointing to the Tao that cannot be told, and truly need not be told. Meanwhile, imagine the Divine singing to itself (who else?) ...

Lol ..Because where there is deception there is disorder and therefore conflict. Unless you like disorder and conflict of course ?

12 hours ago, egoless said:

God will never fully undeceive himself! That’s how consciousness “designed” the reality. Fully liberating from deception would mean that maya aka the whole world/perspective would disappear. It is impossible without the death. All in all it was god’s decision to experience this world and it was possible only through the deception of himself. I understand what Leo means. Enlightenment is not the full liberation from the deception. You still live in this world therefore you are still deceiving yourself. However Enlightenment gives you experiential truth of who you are that’s it..

Until you die and the next go around? its infinite right?

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

@Malelekakis

That is definitely a freedom of yours to indulge in.

However, should the dream ever turn into a nightmare, I'd conjecture that you'd start considering waking up.