Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

How would you live your life if you reached it?

28 posts in this topic

In my free time, I would literally lay in my bed and appreciate beinjg with all my emotions that i desired to have since a kid. Aaaah. Finito.

I would be the guy whose career is to help people improve their lives while improving his own too, getting happier and happier and happier as a result.

@Friend I can do that now, but i cant enjoy the moment because im numb. I have no emotions.

@Ether lol why emotions is a requirement for enjoying the moment, they are rather a distraction.

I don't understand the question (no joke).

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I am living it.

Chop wood, carry water before, chop wood, carry water after.

Reached what?  The enlightenment path isn't a path to enlightenment, it's a path with enlightenment. Every moment on this path is walking awake to being present now with the whole being, with the whole consciousness, with the whole universe.

It seems one thing preventing you from being fully awakened is your idea that you haven't reached it or that it's a future happening when it's really a present happening, it only ever happens in the present. The ego has gripped onto this idea to keep it's identity as the 'seeker', it's infused itself to the consciousness work in such a way that it prevents you from realizing it presently.

Resolving this within your consciousness will open you up to being awake in the present with everything, every breath, every step, every emotion and thought, even every mundane aspect of life will awaken.

It's right now, there's no reaching that needs to be done to be it.

So live it.

Edited by SOUL

11 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Shin What would you do if you reached enlightenment?

How could I know that, I wouldn't be there anymore lul

God is love

And God in them

To answer the question, I would guess doing the same as without "achieving" it, living my life purpose.

though probably my need for contribution would increase dramatically.

a great video about the achievement of enlightenment:

@SOULBut i dont have it right now. Soo i make a goal to reach it in the future. How does this work? I will get it in the future, but its only attainable on the present. It doesnt make much sense

@Ilya Cuz if u dont have emotions, how are you going to enjoy the moment? lol

1 hour ago, Friend said:

@Shin read what SOUL posted.

Doesn't change the fact that many people said their priorities shifted.

Right now I would say I will continue to go to college studying psychology, but I could stop all that and become a fisher in colombia.

This can happen anyways, it's not like there is any guarantee whatsoever, you never know what you're gonna do or not.

God is love

And God in them

@Ether  Are you not understanding that it is your reasoning  that is preventing you from being it presently.

It's a redundancy paradox of you not being aware of it is why you don't have the awareness of being it right now.

Edited by SOUL

You could achieve things in basically two ways. One is to make it look like a struggle, where you look constantly 'stressed out' to meet deadlines, etc. Another way is to do it and achieve it in a being mode / meditative state. I would rather practice doing the latter. Life is about being, not struggling. 

In other words, you could live your life in the being state most or all of the time with practice -- it wouldn't matter whether or not you've reached your goal. A goal is only a milestone. Milestones continue forever / throughout life. I would choose to live my life in being state and find ways to contribute. It's best to start doing this now. The process will always be there. You may only enjoy a goal for 2 seconds, and then a different process begins after a goal is reached.

In case anyone actually plans 'What I will do after my enlightenment', I can bet all my money that you will laugh at your own plans one day...xD .. No matter how much you think about your life after awakening, you will someway unconsciously assume that there is going to be some amount of duality..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

I expect that, as always, 'nothing' will be happening ... But it's realized just how utterly astonishing that is.

4 hours ago, Shin said:

but I could stop all that and become a fisher in colombia.

Colombian ladies are said to be most beautiful female population in the world ;)