Everyday

Cannabis vs Self-Actualization

12 posts in this topic

• Is marijuana OK from a spiritual point of view?

• Can marijuana be used for:
    • self-inquiry
    • meditation
    • contemplation
    • enlightenment work
    • body awareness( Indica strains)
    • mindfulness
    • Improving  Your Health 
  • What do YOU think about this?

More info here:

Edited by Everyday

Yes weed can be used for all of those, not so sure about improving your health though. I would say don't let it become a crutch for your spiritual practices, smoke maybe once or twice a month, sit down and do your meditation/ inquiry..etc. If you have a tolerance though then I wouldn't even bother, just do the practices sober. 

Yes.  Use every substance with respect.  Use it to facilitate work and to calm the Mind.  Weed is great, but don't abuse it as a crutch.  Be productive on it.  Exploit the higher-consciousness Weed gives you for growth.  When you're high, milk that time.  Don't just smoke around a bunch of chattering people.  Do it alone with the intent to work on your Personal Development on it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Here's something that goes nicely after a toke or two. Put on some headphones, close your eyes and contemplate this.:P

As it produces milder-effects that are similar to psychedelics, I truly do believe they can be used for intense contemplation - that is if used correctly.

However as someone who has consistently smoked for the last 4 years or so, do not make it a habit - You will ruin any chance of progression this way.

in fact, what I recommend is only smoking a small amount, and pondering on the effects:

How do you feel?
Where does your mind wander or focus on?
What sensations do you notice high, opposed to sober?

Don't make it an escape, but rather a good contrast to sobriety and note all the differences.

(Haven't smoked in a little over a week - not by choice but I'm okay with that.) - Next time I do smoke, the experience will be more impactful and I will appreciate it that much more.

Edited by Omni

For spiritual benefits as always less = more :)

Check this out

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I don't really like it because it causes this brain fog for me for like 1-2 days after where it is also harder to stay aware, but yes meditations are interestingly diffrent on weed.

Weed is great for contemplation. Ive had some of my biggest insights / awakenings from smoking weed. Also, as someone that suffers from chronic pains, its a great tool to really "zoom in" to particular areas of the body. That's actually the main reason I do it. But usually theres also great insights had from simply observing the body.

I will say though, its easy to get hooked on the stuff where it enters your life simply for recreational uses. Try to be wary of that.

@LaucherJunge Also this. The high definetely comes with a low.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I just know that in some parts of India is very common for Yogis to smoke.

But eventually everything has to go :)

I think to smoke weed is just a hype because people think it’s a cool thing to do. Why not try to do all this self actualized work sober? 

Depending on a drug to help you get there isn’t authentic and like what’s been said before, with every high comes a low. And weed isn’t an acception...