Viking

Why Do I Have So Much Negative Thoughts?

19 posts in this topic

Lately im having a ton of negative thoughts about everything. For every positive thing my mind just finds something negative to think about it.

I always had that kind of negative thoughts "on purpose", it feels like I do it on purpose, but lately I just notice it more (I also started meditating seriously recently, after a break).

These thoughts dont bother me too much, because I dont believe them, but they just pop into my mind and it's annoying.

Do you have any idea why that is or how to go about it?

Maybe the question is "Why do negatives thoughts have so much "I"??  

0.o well thats interesting

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

What do you focus on daily, what is in your field of view on an average day and what are you feeding your senses that could result in automatic negative patterns. Start asking yourself these types of questions and then start eliminating one thing at a time then observing and so on.. eventually you should be able to find what and how to deal with or better, transcend it.

The Subconscious picks up everything around us whether we are aware of it or not this is why you need to ask and dive deep into these types of questions. Of course as you become more activated or connected to your authenticity (shall we say) the more awareness you will have of everything and be able to re-align patterns and programs.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Nahm Im actually getting 8 hours of sleep, meditating 30 minutes every day and eating the healthiest in my life. I dont exercise for now but I will start in a week. I am however stressed because of my studies. I also feel like the studies are not what I really want to do right now. I am doing the life purpose course for that, which is why im right now in a tough position, because I dont know what I want.

Oh hell no, do your studies fam, Don't fall for that bullshit ur mind creates. Thats pure resistance right there

I find the sedona method very helpful for releasing negative emotions. 

You may also do some of your favorite hobbies. I love reading biographies and that always helps me when I get negative thoughts.

Also you may try guided meditations for feeling your emotions. This can be very powerful.

Lastly, this too shall pass.

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@Zephyr It's not the studies themselves that are making me unhappy, but the final destination of the studies. I feel like the studies dont align with what I want, while I dont know what I want, Im figuring that out right now, using the life purpose course.

@Ilya Opinions\thoughts have no importance unless you give them that importance, which you did. They literally cannot exist without your attention and energy. Give them no attention.

@Ilya

It's pure bullshit and a trap. There's FEAR underneath it. I know this because I have this too. You got to see through it. 

On the absolute level, because you belief in the 'I' of 'I am the body'

On the relative sense, suppressed emotions that you are used to not letting up due to social conditioning, which has your mind automatically go to thinking/doing patterns to avoid being still and not feel

@Ilya can you tell "more negative thoughts" from "becoming conscious of old unconscious mental patterns"?

unborn Truth

15 hours ago, Shiva said:

The more you think negatively, the more likely you are to have negative thoughts in the future.

It's a sad thing, but today proven by neuroscience. This phenomenon is called "neuro plasticity".

The good news is that it works for positive thoughts too. So if you train yourself to have more positive thoughts, you're more likely to have more positive thoughts in the future.

One way to do this is by practicing gratitude. For example, you can journal about the things you are grateful for today at the end of each day. This will wire you to see the positive things more easily. 

Best wishes :)

This!

@Ilya also, positive affirmations do very well too. 

The art is to look without looking 

@Nahm I've heard very successful people living off 4-5 hours a night. Is this just a myth and should not be practiced for health reasons?

5 minutes ago, ZX_man said:

I've heard very successful people living off 4-5 hours a night.

my sleep (quality and length) is part of my success.

unborn Truth

I'd try some sort of loving meditation. Just spreading that feeling to your body. It helps let go those negative thoughts