Alexo45

How To "deal" With Unconscious People?

18 posts in this topic

Hey,

how can i deal with unconscious people, especially the ones who stand close to me?
i'm having a hard time lately because i'm almost in no way related to my parents/family anymore. Their world view is completely different than mine, after i've gone through a period of self-actualization for almost 2 years now. It's just that i'm getting triggered a lot of the times, and i know that this is my ego, but i don't know how to deal with it. I've already tried just ignoring it, or decided not to speak up, but that's not how i want to spend my time around them. They already told me that i've  gone crazy, and that everything i'm doing right now is living in a fantasy world, and that i need to wake up. It's just that sometimes i'm so enthusiastic about some new insight, that i want to share it with them, but every time i open up to them, they just get very cold and call me crazy. I'm trying to be compassionate and keep my relationship with them on a steady level, but it's hard. Lately i'm not opening up anymore, not telling much about my life and stuff anymore, because it just doesn't make sense to them.

Is anyone having the same "problem"? 

You will find that the deeper you get into to spiritual work the harder it will be to relate to others who aren't doing it.  

Judging by how you've written this, it seems like your parents or whoever is close to you is hindering your progress by not giving you the support/ freedom that you need along the path. Thus, the best thing you can do is have a talk with them to change their mind about the topic, but if that doesn't work I would limit your time around them by as much as possible or  potentially move out. 

That's the simple solution, but it's difficult to execute.  Also, take a look at the video below: 

Edited by The Monk

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

@Alexo45 From the point of the Absolute, 'they' are not 'your' family and there is no inherent problem.

From the point of the ego, there will be loneliness on this journey. Welcome to the club. Detatch and practice unconditional love.

And what others said above.

Yeah. Love is all you need. More consciousness.  Same stuff.   If you understood why they say what they say and do what they do, the love would be easy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I feel always so tempted when someone tells me on facebook bullshit about what reality is to tell them everything about Enlightenment... but it seems dangerous to do so they may use your text later on and make fun of you among people calling you crazy... but sometimes I just can't resist and I feel bad about myself later...

@Alexo45 My guess is that everyone here is having the same problem. :)

Telling people they are in the matrix is like banging your head against a brick wall. It can only give you a headache. That is the only logical outcome.

I know, sometimes you just want to share your experiences. I have done that too but people will just never understand. All it does is risking your relationship with that person. Is it really worth it?

What you can do is share with us here. We'll be glad to hear about your progress and awesome experiences.

Just be yourself and be as an example.

Don't push anything on people. Everyone is on their own journey. Some people are just not ready for this yet. 

The real freedom comes when you just keep quiet and don't say anything unless they ask you questions. 

Edited by Be Yourself

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

6 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@Alexo45

Watch at 25th minute

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing Martin, these insights came at a good time for me, as someone who also "deals". lol 

I'm more or less in the same situation and I use that as an opportunity.I reframe the situation and use everything I perceive as a problem as a theme in meditation. I ask myself why there is any problem and why I feel the need to change anything. I look for situations when it's worse and when it's better and I actually use the situations that come up in Love-Kindness meditation which in general makes you a much more chill person to be around when you are on the path. 

Realize they don't exist and you have no control.  You're just the watcher.  A watcher of a dream who has taken the simulation too literally due to the devil mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I can really relate @Alexo45 I have been contemplating and meditating on my family issues (they are all unconscious) for about a year. I want so much to help them with their neuroses, to share Leo's amazing insights and help them grow. It have found that it's just not smart without they're being a tiny glimpse that the person is interested or willing to entertain any thoughts of growth for themselves.

I have learned to just be the model, live my life consciously and hope that one day they will ask questions and become curious. Self-actualization has transformed my life in incredible, mind-blowing ways. Those who are close to me, the ones who are conscious already, they are my family now. I feel a deep connection to all beings, and I have discovered that my family are there for me to learn compassion. Before awakening, my ego was rampantly self absorbed and so I look at my loved ones now and I feel blessed, they are teaching me something valuable after all. I used to think that compassion was something I felt for those less fortunate, I just never thought I'd find them amoungst my very own family. Humility is a great virtue and I thank the universe for this lesson.

@Natasha I have been practicing detachment and unconditional love, that is simple and sage advice.

@Martin123 ‘Thank you’ ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Apart from the appearance of an apparent physical body, what that you know about the so called unconscious people is not a thought that arises within you. What does that reveal? 

To be truly conscious one must appear as water, that is unbreakable, and has the ability to fit in any situation, clear and refreshing. 

No judgement allowed...

Don't consider them people.  Don't consider yourself a person either.  Opinions can only have power over you if you give reality to other people, and that is a thought-story.  All your problems melt away when you realize how the mind augments reality fully.  All of our problems and suffering comes from the mind; not from other people other things or the world.

Edited by Joseph Maynor