John Iverson

Is Binaural Beats True?

41 posts in this topic

I've meditated with and without binaural beats, but I can't say that I've noticed any dramatical difference between the two, but then again I haven't meditated for long.

Of course, you can use binaural beats for kind of white noise to block outside noise. For that, I've noticed that playing an ambient thunderstorm track is the best.

@John Iverson *I tried Binaural Beats for a while but stopped because they were too programed or something. I prefer just sitting in nature and dissolve into what it offers.

Here is an experience @All_Around_Me had with B-beats.

I was meditating using binaural beats and at one point, when I felt `emptiness` in my head and lost the sense of my body and my eyelids began to twitch very fast, I became really scared. I noticed (if I can say so) my own horror, though it felt quite distant. Also I felt an intense pressure in a forehead zone. I stopped to meditate, however the feeling of floating didn`t disappear at once. Also when I came up to a mirror I had a strange feeling that I am looking at myself not from my own eyes. I had a feeling that I expanded. All that scared me a lot and I had a panic. However the next day I felt quite okay. I didn`t meditate for two days (because of fear), but at the same time I wanted to, so I meditated yesterday. Even though I did it without any music I felt that floating sensation and `empty head` once more. After that I panicked as well. That night I woke up after 90 minutes of sleep and couldn`t fall asleep again. I have a high pulse rate and high blood pressure right now. 
Can anybody explain me what actually is going on with me and what should I do? Or can you tell me about techniques that can stabilize my condition? I would be very thankfull.

Well it's not the same problem here, but I think it might be helpful @cetus56 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

I like what the questioner said- "everything felt very unreal and outputting, I was glad to be back'. It is like that for the ego. I said to someone on the forum just last week "when the ego sees true reality as it is, it usually turns away from the raw-stark truth. Only in the absence of ego do we truly realize how much the ego colors reality. As Rupert put it so well "the solidity of it is gone'.

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@John Iverson *I tried Binaural Beats for a while but stopped because they were too programed or something. I prefer just sitting in nature and dissolve into what it offers.

Here is an experience @All_Around_Me had with B-beats.

I was meditating using binaural beats and at one point, when I felt `emptiness` in my head and lost the sense of my body and my eyelids began to twitch very fast, I became really scared. I noticed (if I can say so) my own horror, though it felt quite distant. Also I felt an intense pressure in a forehead zone. I stopped to meditate, however the feeling of floating didn`t disappear at once. Also when I came up to a mirror I had a strange feeling that I am looking at myself not from my own eyes. I had a feeling that I expanded. All that scared me a lot and I had a panic. However the next day I felt quite okay. I didn`t meditate for two days (because of fear), but at the same time I wanted to, so I meditated yesterday. Even though I did it without any music I felt that floating sensation and `empty head` once more. After that I panicked as well. That night I woke up after 90 minutes of sleep and couldn`t fall asleep again. I have a high pulse rate and high blood pressure right now. 
Can anybody explain me what actually is going on with me and what should I do? Or can you tell me about techniques that can stabilize my condition? I would be very thankfull.

What frequency did you try? Delta, Alpha, Beta.. ?

Gamma waves are the miracle frequency for me.

This motherf*cker right here is my fave:

11 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Gamma waves are the miracle frequency for me.

This motherf*cker right here is my fave:

So what happen ? Why is that the gamma freq is your miracle freq?

Edited by John Iverson

8 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

So what happen ? Why is that the gamma freq is your miracle freq?

I'm 100% convinced that these gamma beats have boosted my development insanely. These type of waves are the types you'll find with monks who are meditating for decades. 

I also use them when on psychedelics at times. I'm not sure if that's a good advice from me, but it's really incredible. But please research a bit about potential negative aspects. I have never experienced any though.

8 minutes ago, Visionary said:

I'm 100% convinced that these gamma beats have boosted my development insanely. These type of waves are the types you'll find with monks who are meditating for decades. 

I also use them when on psychedelics at times. I'm not sure if that's a good advice from me, but it's really incredible. But please research a bit about potential negative aspects. I have never experienced any though.

Why are you convinced?? What are your experiences?

Edited by John Iverson

3 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Why are you convinced?? What are your experiences?

Obviously besides a steady practice of different kinds of meditations (1.5 years 20-50 minutes a day) and psychedelics, these beats have given me great insights, a full blown kundalini awakening and an ego death experience. All of those combined. They're all crucial for me. It feels kinda strange telling these things. As if i'm playing a game and score sufficient points to unlock achievements. But that's not how i view it all. It's not something you gain. When you feel you gain stuff from it, you're attaching yourself to these experiences. But that's the best way i could have put it.

^ this is probably what happens when listening to any Hz music overtime, it can be either beneficial or not

They absolutely work, everyone's genetics is different though every brain reacts differently, so some Hz may or may not work for you to be that spot that you'd like

I'd recommend trying Delta for 15min, because it puts you in a state of what it takes 5 years to achieve within 15minutes usually, although it's quite subjective as everyone's different

https://www.reddit.com/r/AstralProjection/comments/5tyqhg/what_binaural_beats_are_how_they_work_and_which/

https://attunedvibrations.com/free-healing-tones/

Edited by khalifa

@Visionary Try this. Open both B-beats above at the same time. It takes on more of a surround sound with both playing simultaneously.

I'm about 99% positive it's just placebo and there's really nothing special about them.  I'm also 99.999% positive that regular meditation with no sound is better for you.  

@John Iverson  Be careful about binaural beats. Personally I experienced lot of side effects. I did it for a year,  3 years back. In the beginning I had no problem.  But after some months, sleep disturbances, confusion, disorientation. Apathy and restlessness. Some of my friends experienced the same symptoms. After that I stopped listening to them. 

I was using theta and gamma. Now I do meditation without music. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

58 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

I'm about 99% positive it's just placebo and there's really nothing special about them.  I'm also 99.999% positive that regular meditation with no sound is better for you.  

Maybe that's a nocebo (negative placebo) effect for you. 

I'm pretty sure they do work, but like most things, some people will be better suited to them than others. I've read reports of people having big emotional releases while using binaural beats. I'd say that for most people they will have some effect, even if it's just making you a little more relaxed and calm during your meditation. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

23 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Maybe that's a nocebo (negative placebo) effect for you. 

Nah, I've used them with a very open mind.  They don't do anything and the claims behind them working are complete pseudoscience.  

9 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Nah, I've used them with a very open mind.  They don't do anything and the claims behind them working are complete pseudoscience.  

I've seen the most shallow minded people use it after ridiculing it and it worked out great. Especially for studying or work. Any sources for the complete pseudoscience claim?

1 minute ago, Visionary said:

I've seen the most shallow minded people use it after ridiculing it and it worked out great. Especially for studying or work. Any sources for the complete pseudoscience claim?

In high school I gave a friend a mentos and told him it had LSD on it.  He later acted high as fuck and talked about how he had mouths on his hands talking to him.  Guess that mentos had LSD in it.  

Making scientific claims without scientific evidence = pseudoscience.  There's no real evidence that binaural beats does anything.