Lou7

Opinions On Festivals

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys I've recently been to a psychedelic themed festival in Poland, I got some pretty interesting experiences which I'm not gonna get into here (some of them enlightenment related, some insights into reality, some trippy stuff) and I've been wondering afterwards what are your opinions on such festivals?

There are tons of spiritual people there, high consciousness stuff, creativity, nature, experiencing life as it 'suppose' to be - in primal ways. The mass dancing like this is really a unique experience and a terapeutic one. I just want to hear some thoughts on this topic (Leo's too if possible ;) ).

@Outer

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

Your ego can be a spiritual person going to festivals. I ain't having none of that though. I'm going full man sage mode. Believe me. It's true.

And maybe your ego is "full sage mode" or "the one who sees the ego in all other people" ;). My point is: why attack a person who genuinely asks a question is this way "Probably it's just your ego"?

@Lou7 festivals are great. meeting people is awesome. listening to them is even better.

i want to go to the sat nam fest someday. too bad we don't have it here in brazil.

unborn Truth

@Lou7 Bring plenty of condoms so you don't catch an STD ;)

I'm generally in favor of any experiences that expand your horizons and open you to radical new perspectives.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Go for it.  Don't do anything I wouldn't do.  I live in San Francisco so I've seen everything.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I highly recommend it. It's a great way to push yourself out of a boring monotonic paradigm. 

Bonaroo!!! check it out.  get lost in it's micro culture of love, acceptance, and hippy dippy trippy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I do it once a year here in Germany with my buddies as well. It's a great way to leave your normal work routine behind and really experience a kind of different world for a few days.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I am a fan of these festivals also, although I've never been in a true psychedelic festivals with high consciousness people. I just came home from Tomorrowland at Belgium, but it's mostly mainstream EDM music and low consciousness partying and drugs. A lot of fun tho.

I tried to maintain high consciousness during the festival but found it pretty hard.

I want to go to Burningman atleast once in my life. So much love, art and a cool alternative society.

I love music festivals, just dont do psychedelic drugs in public. Actually, being dead sober at such a place is fun and forces you to stay in the present, because there is so much novelty :) reality is the trip

BTW, anyone here going to WACKEN next week?

I'd rather use money / time differently than what most festivals would offer. In fact I wouldn't even go to some festivals named here if I was paid for it. There are some exceptions of course. Maybe some of the satsang festivals that are popping up in recent years in germany, maybe a yoga festival where there was some nice music, maybe something like science-and-nonduality, maybe even the "entheoscience"-festival here in germany. But I'd probably still take the money / time and do intensives and retreats.

@Lou7 What's the name of the festival you have been to? I am really curious.

I have a love/hate relationship with festivals. Here in America I've witnessed heroin and other opiates become more present at festivals, and that sucks. I dislike the amount of trash left behind. I also will not do any psychedelics at festivals because of all the variables. I kind of like the wild-west feel, and I always assume the role of the "lifeguard" and make sure all my friends are safe. This keeps me from fully immersing myself in the environment and having to only look after myself, but again, I assume the role on my own. I also cant help but try to lend a hand to anyone having a rough time on god knows what kind of research chem they took
The girls are pretty
The music is good

My tent gets hot lol

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@GirzoGoadupa - it takes place  in the south-east corner of Poland, in really beatiful fairy-tale like scenery - the main stage is on a mountain and the camp site is in a valley below it, then again surrounded by mountains. Also there are forests on the other side of the 'main mountain' which are filled with variety of art and all sorts of minor stages with chill music and zen-garden like areas.

I happen to take few photos of the view standing near the main stage the morning after the main event (they're too big to post directly), enjoy:

http://imgur.com/HsMjhEF

http://imgur.com/DeEn1v5

http://imgur.com/hU2pDen