Leo Gura

Leo's Blog Discussion Mega-Thread

9,693 posts in this topic

@Majed I read like the first 30 pages or so of the bible, I really tried to read it, but I couldn't, they kept talking about hell and it felt like I was reading the most toxic news channel or something.

Edited by Olaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a kid mostly surrounded by Christians and went to church (not of my own volition), I'm glad that I haven't taken Christianity too seriously and I never read the Bible.

I had the intuition that those people are being conformist about it as they treat some words as the truth over experience. Why should I read some stories about God?

I felt that if something is true it cannot be dependent on the Bible.

My hatred of reading books came from observing how Christians are eager to worship their stories.

I'm an alien around where I live.

Edited by Nemra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MuadDib said:

buddah.jpg

 

That's an interesting picture.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.actualized.org/insights/should-you-read-the-bible

Quote

Peter Ralston’s The Book Of Not-Knowing is worth 100 Bibles. But no one even knows it exists. That’s how dumb humanity is.

You should see his latest book ;) 

Great post man! My father used to tell me to read the Gospels to understand God, and I always refused because it didn't make sense to me how God was to be understood by reading stories of Jesus. 

And the mental gymnastics that Christians go through to defend facts from the Bible and portray them as literal truths like Earth being 5000 years old and Noah's ark being real, is so funny. As if Christian God's existence depends on those facts being historically accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a literature professor in my university that made us do Christian prayer for the exam and our grades depended on how authentically we prayed. 🤣

Edited by Nemra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bazera said:

Great post man!

Thanks


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Nemra said:

There was a literature professor in my university that made us do Christian prayer for the exam and our grades depended on how authentically we prayed. 🤣

lmao


There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 62-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nemra said:

There was a literature professor in my university that made us do Christian prayer for the exam and our grades depended on how authentically we prayed. 🤣

"Dear Jesus, please give me a million dollars. Amen."

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the Quran was written by Muhammad and that I don’t believe it is the direct word of God, as it claims to be. Nevertheless, there is something about the Arabic recitation of the Quran it feels  like a drug for the soul. That is one of the reasons I continue to read it.

One of the key differences I see between the Bible and the Quran is their approach to storytelling. The Bible often spends considerable time on detailed narratives, genealogies, historical events, and other minutiae, whereas the Quran tends to be more direct and focused on spiritual and theological concepts. It still copy pastes stories the Bible lolz.

That said, both contain moral laws that can be viewed as barbaric by modern standards, as well as passages that appear to contain scientific errors and encouraging violence which is obviously outdated. 
 

 


“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost forgot that at school we used to recite prayers from the Quran, Coptic Christian, and Orthodox Christian traditions before beginning literature or religious classes.

Edited by Nemra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"Dear Jesus, please give me a million dollars. Amen."

😁

There is a comedy sketch in which an old lady and a businessman are praying. The old lady prays to God to give her some money and the businessman prays to God to give him an expensive car. Both are praying so hard that the businessman gets annoyed with the old lady and gives her the amount of money she wanted. 😂

It's very funny watching it, but it's in a language you won't understand.

Edited by Nemra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2026 at 8:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

I plan to read a different book from Marx.

May I please ask which book? I've personally only read the following;

The last three on this list were from this edition:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-communist-manifesto-and-other-writings-karl-marx/1100318389?ean=9781593081003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now