Nemra

Your Recent Movie Picks

335 posts in this topic

Just watched Prometheus again last night, so good. Perfectly explores the different incentives that would underpin a space exploration quest. 

I'd rate it 8/10, good but not great.

Prometheusposterfixed.jpg


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came back from watching "Other Mommy" in the cinema. It was a entertaining piece of horror cinema.

My final verdict: Totally Watchable 👍


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to watch Digger again this weekend.  Dumb people are criticizing these movies that have depth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Dumb people are criticizing these movies that have depth!

Different people have different tastes is all. Peace out


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LoneWonderer said:

Different people have different tastes is all. Peace out

I think Digger is misunderstood.  They spent a lot of money trying to make a great film, but it is not Barbie or Spiderman -- or so many of these straight-forward forgettable movies that seem to make the dough and the Rotten Tomato ratings.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2026 at 4:49 PM, LordFall said:

Prometheus again last night, so good.

Bro. Prometheus is aweful.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Bro. Prometheus is aweful.

I remember being so hyped for it. 

Saw it at the movies with my ex. We were reading all the leaked scripts prior to release. Across the whole thing.

When the movie ended someone yelled out "The fuck was that cu** shit?"

Accurate 👀


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Ridley Scott alien sequels lol they're not great but they're also a lot of fun to take the piss out of with mates. The script is hilarious for Prometheus, but Covenant especially:

"Let me do the fingering" - David

Iconic.

Edited by Cubbage

I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cubbage I enjoyed Covenant over Prometheus. I think my hopes were dashed with Prometheus. Covenant was zero expectation!


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm going to watch Digger again this weekend.  Dumb people are criticizing these movies that have depth!

Is it available anywhere online or it’s too early for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, integration journey said:

Is it available anywhere online or it’s too early for that?

Too early man. Fork out some cash brother and head to the cinemas. Support some local buisness and all that...


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

I remember being so hyped for it. 

Saw it at the movies with my ex. We were reading all the leaked scripts prior to release. Across the whole thing.

When the movie ended someone yelled out "The fuck was that cu** shit?"

Accurate 👀

The plot makes so sense. It's like a bunch of random monsters hatching for no reason out of nowhere and fucking up Alien lore.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

@Cubbage I enjoyed Covenant over Prometheus. I think my hopes were dashed with Prometheus. Covenant was zero expectation!

Same. They're both silly, but Covenant is so trashy I find myself enjoying it more and more everytime. I've watched a lot of good shit, so nowadays, I get more of a kick out of something that's not quite there. I'm happy the new Alien film will continue Ridley's insane vision. Least it is more original material from a delusional visionary rather than a corporate affair ala Romulus.


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The plot makes so sense. It's like a bunch of random monsters hatching for no reason out of nowhere and fucking up Alien lore.

I think this was the big factor to my disappointment. I really got into the lore behind the leaked scripts. Loved the original alien pilot and potential mythology. 

Maybe I just enjoyed the mystery behind lv426 and the dead pilot. When it was revealed to be such a poor explanation I was seriously let down. 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now