Javfly33

What is the reason why the ego builds the barriers again after Awakening experience?

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Because you're not actually letting go. Awakening is when your ego gets nudged, then it gets scared or excited, and then you start asking questions and doubting again. Enlightenment is when the ego lets go.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think for awakening experience the OP is not talking about enlightenment.

I had an awakening experience but I’m not enlightened yet.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Awakening is enlightenment.  The ego evaporates. So when it comes back it's highly pissed off.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It’s just a glimpse. Work has to be done to awaken fully. Why? Not wise enough and perhaps not free enough from desires. And from the world. The world entraps by requiring slavery of attention for the survival of the body. Breaking away from the rat race is a must for enlightenment, sadly. To break away - become valuable to the marketplace. Manifestation does not work. Only bringing value and actually working does.  

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

3 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Manifestation does not work.

Manifestation is not the same as wishful thinking.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Manifestation is not the same as wishful thinking.

Obviously.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I had an awakening experience but I’m not enlightened yet.

When the awakening experience keeps seeping into your experience more and more until you can no longer seem to hold it back, then you're closing in on enlightenment, but even then, it's not actually enlightenment before you let go into that. Until then, it's a highly unstable, fluctuating and conflicting phenomena, like a moth circling the flame. Jump in the fire.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When the awakening experience keeps seeping into your experience more and more until you can no longer seem to hold it back, then you're closing in on enlightenment, but it's not actually enlightenment before you let go into that. Until then, it's a highly unstable, fluctuating and conflicting phenomena, like a moth circling the flame. Jump in the fire.

I agree thats what It looks like "here" hehe

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Awakening is enlightenment.  The ego evaporates. So when it comes back it's highly pissed off.

Maybe is the meaning we give to the word.

For me awakening is when you begin to realize that there’s no separation, or that everything is consciousness. That’s what happened to me but I’m not even close to enlightenment. 

But if you equal both words that’s Ok. I give different meanings. No problem. 😉 

Maybe I’m wrong and that’s how ppl use it in general. Awakening = enlightenment. Not sure.

In my case it came back in one of the most terrible experiences I had to live. I almost end crazy.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

48 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When the awakening experience keeps seeping into your experience more and more until you can no longer seem to hold it back, then you're closing in on enlightenment, but even then, it's not actually enlightenment before you let go into that. Until then, it's a highly unstable, fluctuating and conflicting phenomena, like a moth circling the flame. Jump in the fire.

Thanks for your comment. Right now I had to stop all I was doing and coming back after a strong ego attack after that awakening experience.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:18 PM, Javfly33 said:
  1. Is because what has been seen has to be seen more times? 
  2. Is because what has been seen would be 'too good' or 'too crazy' to be real?
  3. Is because mind-body fundamentally is not raised to be able to embody the truth, so it has to get used to it 'slowly' until it finally opens itself up?

I am curious about the mechanism of the mind/ego to protect itself and maintain is paradigm, even after being 'crushed' dozens if not hundreds of times. 

Probably the fact is if you are 30 years old and you started having awakenings at 25, you have there 25 years of old conditioning which has to be dissolved, and is not just a few trips or meditation experiences, the Non Dual must become the True Reality. There Is no other way I think. 

These are just accumulation of thoughts. Drop them. Be simple / pure.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

49 minutes ago, James123 said:

These are just accumulation of thoughts. Drop them. Be simple / pure.

They can't be for now, too much thought momentum is built up, too much karma at play...these are just words and labels, really mean nothing, but if one is identified with it as many here are, even after so called God Realizations under Psychedelics still come back with more and more thoughts, shows they haven't done the ground work, to integrate or dissolve into it... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

13 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

They can't be for now, too much thought momentum is built up, too much karma at play...these are just words and labels, really mean nothing, but if one is identified with it as many here are, even after so called God Realizations under Psychedelics still come back with more and more thoughts, shows they haven't done the ground work, to integrate or dissolve into it... 

That's where not knowing comes. 

6 minutes ago, James123 said:

That's where not knowing comes. 

Knowing and not knowing 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Can you stop shitting in other people´s topics just for the sake of it? There is freedom of speech on a forum of course, but your attitude is just disrespect. Is rude and sad what you are doing. 

By the way, you never replied to me how much sadhana have you done, really curious since a lot of times you point it out the importance of it as well of 'ground work'. 

Enlighten us. 

Edited by Javfly33

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Knowing and not knowing 

Knowing is the biggest illusion.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

Can you stop shitting in other people´s topics just for the sake of it? There is freedom of speech on a forum of course, but your attitude is just disrespect. Is rude and sad what you are doing. 

By the way, you never replied to me how much sadhana have you done, really curious since a lot of times you point it out the importance of it as well of 'ground work'. 

Enlighten us. 

Just pointing out the obvious that is all, I am guilty of it as well:) Lots of Sadhana, did 10yrs of Shambhavi straight everyday, not as much now do to life situation and time constraints, but want to get back into more and more, but sadhana is whatever is available via awareness and realization, for sure the shambhavi and all of the work I put into has helped my tremendously along the way I recommend it to everyone for starting out on this path and long after!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

when you diverge from its prime directive of do no not mess with the internal programming, ego will make life hell on earth with terror and onslaught both inside and out at every turn and you will slink back to your whimpering fearful wounded self

its self preservation game is stellar and it won't let you jump ship at all costs

it has tons of long honed tricks to keep you in line

this is the nature of the game

20 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Maybe is the meaning we give to the word.

For me awakening is when you begin to realize that there’s no separation, or that everything is consciousness. That’s what happened to me but I’m not even close to enlightenment. 

But if you equal both words that’s Ok. I give different meanings. No problem. 😉 

Maybe I’m wrong and that’s how ppl use it in general. Awakening = enlightenment. Not sure.

In my case it came back in one of the most terrible experiences I had to live. I almost end crazy.

How would you define enlightenment because one issue I realized within spiritual communities is they don't know what it really means.

Enlightenment just means you are aware that everything is one and recognize that is the true nature of everything.

For me personally a rubric I created is you have to be able to put it into words. And yes words are pointers but you would be surprised how flexible words are at pointing.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

How would you define enlightenment because one issue I realized within spiritual communities is they don't know what it really means.

It's so funny because they don't even know what they search

Do you think the buddha wanted enlightenment? He wanted to understand suffering and become free from death and life

If nobody told you about enlightenment how could you have desired it? It's much better to search for truth, consciousness or Love. These are more universal